Can't get Shaman Class Hall Start quest/Dalaran Hearthstone

I didn’t boost my shaman but leveled her in AV for the 15th anniversary from level 90 - 120. I have tried all the suggestions in forums and CS Articles and am still not able to start my class hall quests. The little tornado has me follow him to Thrall every time I go into Dalaran. Thrall says he has an urgent message for me but there is no ! or quest.

I have also gotten a hearthstone from the Inn in Dalaran since I didn’t get one with any quests or as a reward. But I receive an error if I try to use.

My other two toons (priest and monk) I leveled the same way had no issues getting the class hall quests and no issues with their hearthstone.
Shaman seems bugged.

I have also checked the Hero’s board in Stormwind and Dalaran and they only offering older quests for older zones.

I turned off all my addons and reloaded my character .
Still nothing.

I have tried the party sync as someone suggested in the forums in order to get the class hall quest and still that did not work. I also started an Iron dwarf shaman class trial to see if she had any issues. No issues on her but I don’t want to have to pay a boost and start over with a shaman. I rather have mine working that has older achievements and recipes.

Is there a Blue CS that can help me and resolve my issue? Please and Thank you.

1 Like

This is the Bug Report forum so I don’t believe Support posters will come here. It sounds like you’re missing “The Legion Returns” and “In the Blink of an Eye”, the latter of which gives the Dalaran Hearthstone item and gets you on the proper phase to start the artifact and class hall campaign. You can try checking your minimap tracking to see if tracking “Trivial Quests” will help. If that doesn’t sort it out, you might need to open a ticket to see if a Game Master can try to fix it (especially if “In the Blink of an Eye” wasn’t completed).

Assuming it is the posting character you are talking about, it has already turned in The Legion Returns, which would explain why you can’t pick it up.

Unfortunately it is harder to see past that to what you did next, because if it is an alt and a previous character did the full Legion unlock already, you would have been offered an option to skip the Legion intro when you turned it in - but since the skip isn’t a quest, I can’t look up to see what you did.

You have not done the next follow up “To Be Prepared” which is from Recruiter Lee at the SW Docks. Nor have you done (as Axis mentioned) “In the Blink of an Eye” which is the final quest in the chain that the skip option jumps you to.

I would be inclined to go find Recruiter Lee at SW docks if you can. He isn’t on the waterfront, he’s back a bit near the big wall. He may have a quest for you, he may have a dialog option, or he may not be there at all.

Thank you both for your help!

I had been to SW docks several times and the Recruiters wasn’t there . But went back today, he was there and so was the next quest to continue the start quests. Yay! Now I can finish and do my class hall.

Just wanted to comment on this, because I never set foot in Legion on my shaman until level 112 thanks to AV and ran into the same issue. While the shortcut quest was gone, I was able to respawn it by playing through the actual initial Legion invasion scenario and subsequent quest with Anduin in Stormwind Keep. This unlocked the quest to teleport Dalaran, and when I spoke to the emissary in the mage tower it teleported me to Legion Dalaran with the order hall campaign line now available.

1 Like

I just completed and turned in “In the Blink of An Eye.” I received the Dalaran hearthstone. I haven’t been approached by any class representative. There’s no portal for me near Kraus’ Landing. I’m not sure how to get to the next stage to unlock the Shaman Order Hall, or if it has been removed with Shadowlands.

1 Like

I’m starting to wonder myself, as I can’t seem to find any sequence of quests that starts it =\

On my horde shaman, I went to the Warchief’s Command board and found the Legion beginning quest, Legion : the Legion Returns. I’m sure the same applies to the Alliance side using the Hero’s Call Board.

I followed the quest chain am now at the Maelstrom with Myra which will open up the Shaman Order Hall.

Hope this helps.

One more thing, if you went to new Dalaran and spoke to the inn keeper there to get a Dalaran hearthstone, when you try to complete, ‘In the Blink of an Eye’, it will fail until you delete the Dalaran hearthstone out of your bag.

10 Likes

Ok so, this is still a thing.

2 Likes

able to get the Legion quest to start, but with Brewfest going on? I can’t get any of the polish, eat or empower steps done.

Same exact thing as you. Did you find a way to make it work?

Here are two work arounds for you.

(1) Party sync with someone who is eligible to enter the scenario and the ship and entry quests should be available in Durotar. You may have to find the right person who is eligible for the Legion quests.

(2) Speak with the orc outside of Orgimmar to skip the Broken Isle scenario, he’s right by where people duel outside the gates.

If you never started the quest, the fix is going to the adventure board, after I had to go to the guy in SW, skip the scenario and get TP’d to Dalaran. Delete the hearthstone if you have it walk up to the guy complete the quest, you’re back on track. After that the wind elemental grabbed me and took me to Thrall that had the quest. This is after getting immediately kicked to the Legionfall quest line.

4 Likes

I can see in the chat/emotes that there is a wind elemental that does something - I can’t see it though. Did you see the elemental on that very same visit? I’ve seen the emote twice now, but no one in sight, doesn’t matter if I leave/come back, etc. I did not do the scenario either, just skipped it as we are all wont to do.

See my post above please.

Same problem in April of 2022, and this absolutely worked for me.

This what was it was looking for, delete the Dal hearthstone and it worked, thank you!

I have this issue and none of the fixes are working. Thrall keeps spamming that he has an urgent message for me, but I can’t accept a quest from him. Dalaran Hearthstone doesn’t work and deleting it does nothing. When I use the adventure board to start the Legion intro it brings me to an empty dock with no Recruiter Lee.

Edit: To fix this issue I accepted the quest “The Hand of Fate” from Khadgar in the Violet Citadel in Dalaran and completed the questline until I unlocked Argus. This allowed the docks to phase to a state where Recruiter Lee will appear with the Legion Hero Board quest. Afterwards I turned it in to Recruiter Lee, skipped the Legion intro, and I was able to get my (working) Dalaran Hearthstone and start my Artifact quest.

Players shouldn’t have to find such obfuscated workarounds, this needs to be fixed by Blizzard.

2 Likes

I’m super confused. I’ve finished 1/3 "A Gift from the Six. 0-3 artifact weaps started breaching the tomb first 5 completed, on “Defending Broken Isles-Legion Assault Completed”. I cant complete the last 2 quests “A gift from the Six” because I have not received a single artifact weap so I can’t raise my weap to complete. not sure how it let me finish the ele one without but it did. I do recall clicking a “heard this tale b4” towards the start of this near the FP but also my dal hearth doesn’t not work. “got it from the inn keeper because I did not have one.” I also have not gotten access to my class hall… how have I completed so much without a artifact weap or class hall? bugged? please help. i will note this is my 5th class mount so i am quite familiar with it all but shamman is quite different from the others I’ve done “Monk/Druid/Lock/Priest”

OMG yes! that ORG/SW Command Board is the answer to all! THANK YOU! MVP RIGHT HERE!!!