Cant gain experience at level 79

I cant gain experience on my 79 character, I cant post a ticket because I get stuck in loops. posted once already and the subject was closed before I could reply ( I’m not sure the person who replied understood what I was saying.). I’m not just missing my experience bar, but my character doesn’t actually gain experience. sounds like a bug, not a UI issue. But I’m not that knowledgeable on the subject.

Technically you should not be able to disable experience after level 70 I believe, so this might not work, to talk to the experience eliminators.

https://us.battle.net/support/en/help/article/16123

A UI reset might be waranted.

2 Likes

Also, what character? Name and Server

2 Likes

Celawyn, Survival hunter on Kilrogg.

This might be part of it. Might still be viewing the account as in veteran status.

1 Like

How long has it been like this, Casmaria? It looks like experience gain is turned off for your character. Did you talk to Behsten in Stormwind at some point?

You should be able to re-enable experience gains by talking to Behsten in Stormwind or to Slahtz in Orgrimmar.

2 Likes

Visiting the Experience Eliminator worked!! Thank you so much!

2 Likes

Great to hear! Happy adventuring!

2 Likes

This happened to me and a few friends as well, if you are in a party with level 80 characters and join a dungeon through the dungeon finder, you get that experience debuff every time, so my friends can’t help me level my alts in dungeons

Id report this as a bug if you haven’t! I know I read (and responded) to something similar a few weeks ago but I’m unsure if you were the user and where that particular thread was placed.

You’d want to post this either over on the bug report forum or through the in-game bug report option so devs can take a look. The info won’t be passed along posted here.
Hopefully it can get addressed soon so you and your friends can level together in dungeons later.

1 Like

This is quite strange, indeed. It seems like it must be a bug, right? The conditions seem very specific though, so it could be intended. Maybe it’s a way to fight power leveling services, but that seems like the sort of change that would have been advertised in patch notes or a blog article. I’d report it as a bug and see what comes of it.

#dfmb

I think your issue is different than op. I did remember something like this, it took a while to find.

Did someone in the party have experience off?

3 Likes