"Can't Find Player"

When I go into the game calendar to accept a raid invite for the guild:

1. the question mark shows up on the mini map calendar
  2. when I open the calendar, there’s no invite
  3. a box pops up that says “Cant Find Player”

this just started…yes I relogged / reloaded

You might want to try a Full UI Reset to rule out a faulty UI or addon.

2 Likes

its only doing it on one toon…all the rest, who all have the same addons, are fine

That’s indicative of a corrupt UI and/or a bad addon.

3 Likes

why would it only be doing it on one toon then?

It simply happens that way, where a corrupted file or setting is on a single character, as characters do have individual files associated with it. Resetting your User Interface is the best first step to troubleshooting this kinds of issues.

4 Likes

I can answer that! I’ve had character-specific UI issues before.

Typically that happens due to a corrupt WTF file, which is the file that saves character-specific settings in addons. I once had an error that kept popping up constantly on only one character, and deleting the WTF file fixed all of that.

2 Likes

deleting the WTF did nothing to help the problem

again, you’ll want to do a FULL ui reset, you need to delete/rename the WTF folder along with the Cache and Interface. Launch the game withOUT any addons.

4 Likes

ok…did a full reset and nothing…same problem, no addons were loaded and I renamed the WTF / Interface / Cache

also, when I have the Vestments mog on, it doesnt show the chest and the shoulders are blue and white checkered boxes

all other mogs work fine

If you mean the Shadowlands pre-purchase transmog set, we know there’s currently some holdup with it showing on the Armory.

If it isn’t showing in-game, that’s indicative of something a bit more egregious and I’d recommend a repair to see if that helps. Possibly a reinstall.

2 Likes

nope…Repair did nothing

Is everything otherwise the same, Wombshifter? The person inviting, the raid, etc… ?

If a UI reset and a repair isn’t working, it might just be a bug, but any information that can help them reproduce the issue would be helpful.

2 Likes

everything is the same as far as I know…and another toon was invited and got it and accepted just fine

I just noticed that I get the pop up box “Can’t Find Player” when I open my Guild tab also.

Didn’t start till after the fight with Emeriss and logging out in the grove