Can't even play at 120 at all

This is every battleground I join, my gear is fail and I cannot play at all because my gear is totally fail, and they are telling me it is my fault… I haven’t played for YEARS and I come back to this. I have played several toons to 120 and every time I get to 120 and enter a battleground it’s the same story I cannot play lvl 120 at all. I don’t even know where to start to get gear, they say it’s so easy, well if it was so easy I would do it right away and there would be no problem. I spent about 30,000 gold on level 400 uncanny gear by the way, guess that was a stupid waste of my money. Blizz really shouldn’t throw people with lowbie gear into a bg with people that have mythic+ corrupted whatever lvl 500 gear. It’s unplayable… and broken.

[Instance] [NAMEREMOVED1-Illidan]: madrok
[Instance] [NAMEREMOVED1-Illidan]: wat are u doin bro
[Instance] [Madrok]: jesus my gear sucks
[Instance] [NAMEREMOVED1-Illidan]: [Black Tooth Grunt’s Pauldrons]
Aurorasky-Shadowsong creates: [Healthstone].
The battle begins in 1 minute!
[Instance] [NAMEREMOVED2-Illidan]: tryna get 1 shot
[Instance] [NAMEREMOVED2-Illidan]: providing nothing to our team
[Instance] [Madrok]: why do they even let me in this ?
[Instance] [NAMEREMOVED2-Illidan]: you queued for it
[Instance] [NAMEREMOVED2-Illidan]: beats me
The battle begins in 30 seconds!
[Instance] [NAMEREMOVED1-Illidan]: ur the problem madrok
[Instance] [Madrok]: no I am not
[Instance] [NAMEREMOVED2-Illidan]: it all starts with you
[Instance] [Madrok]: they shouldn’t let people queue
[Instance] [NAMEREMOVED1-Illidan]: u just haddd to queue it up
[Instance] [NAMEREMOVED2-Illidan]: cant help others until u help your self
The battle has begun!
Notify system has been enabled.
[Instance] [NAMEREMOVED2-Illidan]: vote kick
[Instance] [Madrok]: that’s ok I’ll leave
Phoébé-Drakkari has assaulted the lighthouse!
Oütlaw-Tichondrius has assaulted the mines!
[Instance] [NAMEREMOVED2-Illidan]: yes
[Instance] [NAMEREMOVED3-Frostmourne]: cya
[Instance] [NAMEREMOVED3-Tichondrius]: wow

They act like I have a lot of nerve for even queuing the battleground… guess I do and that’s why I left cause I know that I am going to get one shot over and over again… problem is I WANT to play battlegrounds, so I pretty much can only go play another lowbie toon if I want to play, but oh wait there are lvl 120s party syncing and destroying those battlegrounds too… but that’s another story.

This makes me not want to play wow at all, this breaks wow.

32 Likes

It’s the end of the xpac so everyone is op rn so kinda understand

If you start the nazj intro and do like 30 mins into it your upgrade your neck to 50 and you can start doing your cloak aswell

I have to grind rep for three different factions to friendly to even get that opening quest… I am a BFA noob btw.

2 Likes

I would recommend you get your PvP fix by running BGs while leveling. We lack the catch up mechanics of previous expansions, just have to settle for catsup.

naz questline gives you a 370/380 azerite piece iirc and the cloak questline gives you 430 azerite piece iirc.

just killing boss in visions gives you 420 + corruption rng roll.

1 Like

I suggest you just unsub until the next expansion. It’s not really worth trying to catch up now.

25 Likes

After you break the quest chains to get your cloak you will find you sudden get a bunch of gear and hit 430+ ilvl.

Might need to do a dungeon and cap for the week also.

First welcome back.

Well you want to start off by doing WQ, Warfronts, unlock Darkshore for the 460 item when it comes up. You need to do the legendary cloak questline. Then you have to work on your heart of Azeroth quest get some essences.

Just getting the basic gear will get you rolling then you can do PvP expeditions. You get conquest even if you lose and Azerite to raise your Heart lvl. That way you can get some basic PvP gear at 440 and get caught up on the 460 PvP gear and these are the fastest.

You also get xmog stuff, mounts and gold from PvP expeditions.

Now you are ready to Que up some BGs. Then you need to work on doing Visions and Horrific Visions to get your Cloak to rank 15 and start buying corruption for the super mega effects to get BiS gear.

I came back in April I did WQ everyday because Heart Level is important. Then I grinded PvP expeditions to get caught up. Don’t forget to get a contract for extra rep for WQ. You pretty much are doing Daily’s everyday in Eternal, Uldum and WQ.

4 Likes

Do the Naz quest and then the Cloak quest . Your ilevel will be around 420 after that .
See when the heroic Warfront is up, that a 460. Do the WQ’s, you shd be able to get to 450 without even doing a single dungeon or raid .

3 Likes

That’s a terrible suggestion … it’s pretty easy to get to an acceptable level in random BG’s.

4 Likes

Acceptable ilvl, maybe. Acceptable essences and corruptions, though?

5 Likes

That takes more time but thats a whole world different from what the OP has now

I see you found the ilvl 400 BOES since your first post, this is a solid start for boosting your ilvl.
These are good for now, but check into the other more advanced crafted Items which are ilvl 440, 455, 470 with sockets. Some really great pieces fairly early which are DIY.
Also,
You have just returned, there is so much to do and see!
Enjoy

1 Like

Do the nazjatar intro, preferably get your legendary cape, grab some basic boy essences, and do world quests to at least not get globaled by your opponents.

As you are now with 134k health, low ilvl, no corruptions, and no essences you are quite literally useless. This is unfortunately how BfA is. But you can at least get to a decent ilvl quickly by doing what I mentioned for about a week.

5 Likes

He has done more than a lot of players I see in BG’s. He has made the effort to buy gear and not come in with 60 k health .

10 Likes

Those 3 factions would take like an hour to do each.

1 Like

Queued into a Seething Shore and a BrM on our team had a 250 ilvl. We finally convinced him to just stay on the airship so our healers weren’t wasting mana on him.

If your ilvl is low, why not queue an epic bg where it matters less if you aren’t going to get to 425 on your own?

It’s reasonable for people in 10v10 and 15v15 (to a lesser extent) to get angry because they are basically a player down on top of whatever other nonsense is going on. Should they be a-holes about it, probably not; with how quickly someone can get to a decent ilvl, their frustration is understandable.

Grouping with other players is, in part, about what you are bringing to the group. So what are YOU bringing to the group that is of value? You say you’re a veteran player, but your post doesn’t really reflect it. I have no doubt that if you googled ‘Gearing up in patch 8.3 wow’ you would come up with a dozen YouTube videos that walk you through it. The post reads like the problem is being characterized as insurmountable when in reality, it’s really simple. Rank 3 essences are the only real hurdle.

5 Likes

That’s just silly .

He can go to different modes and try to cap.

4 Likes

He could also go run some Heroics or do some World Quests.

Really what is he going to do in that match? He might get lucky and sneak in a quick node cap or two but the second someone drops down on him he is done. A single Crucible (Essence that everyone has access to) would easily double his health in damage.

But guess what he didn’t even try to go be a hero and get a node. He hung out by the 2 healers all match (when he wasn’t AOE cleaved to death). He was the fat on the steak.