Can't enter the portal room in SW

I can’t get into the portal room in the mages tower. I run into it but nothing happens. I can hearth to boralus and then go to the stormwind portal from there to get into the portal room, but I don’t want to have to do this every time.

Is there any way to fix this? I disabled all addons and reloaded ui, relogged a bunch of times but it hasn’t changed.

try a proper ui reset

Can you see the portal to get into the tower? And are there any quests that you have that take place in Stormwind?

Yeah I can see the portal, it just doesn’t teleport me when I walk into it. I did a full ui reset as above but this did not help me. The character does not have any stormwind quests. It is only affecting a single character, the rest of my characters can use the portal just fine.

This character is a 120 boosted Demon Hunter if that makes any difference.

If I recall, it has to do with a quest phasing issue. Check your quest log, as for the quest, I have no idea as I usually don’t play alliance. Perhaps a blue will chime in when they get into the office in the morning.

Have you looked at the map of Stormwind to see if any quest markers ( ! ) show up?

It might be possible that quests related to the start of Legion or BFA are still waiting to be done. I believe some of those can phase parts of Stormwind.

I think it’s the one to open up BfA. It’s been the culprit for a number of phasing issues in Stormwind since the boost became available.

1 Like

It’s not just that phasing, my character has not been able to do anything phased since the patch.

Oh and sidenote, why are some Horde questgivers refusing to give me quests and instead calling me an enemy?

Lillian Voss when attempting to rescue her from the tower is refusing to be rescued by the likes of me.

This patch has been nothing but a gamebreaking disaster.

I rember a similar post not too long ago it had some to do with a faction change that required GM intervention.

Thanks! This turned out to be the issue. I did the BFA and legion intros and these did not fix it but weirdly enough it was completing both the Pandaria intro quest where you board the skyfire and then also twilight shores which takes you to the twilight highlands. I don’t know what it is but i was able to use the portal after finding, accepting and completing both of these.

3 Likes

You’re welcome.

Glad you were able to get everything completed.

3 Likes

I have this same problem. We are in Shadowlands now this should be an issue. What Quest do i need to do to unlock the walkthrough portal in the tower exactly?

Okay, it’s simple enough. I was “kinda” phased out during a quest I started for Legion that I hadn’t followed through with yet