Can't dismount from Kalu'ak Glider after today's patch

The only way off is to fly into a building doorway. Spells or actions that normally dismount you immediately puts you back on the glider. Other mounts are ok. I’ve submitted a bug via the Battle.net app – there doesn’t seem to be a way to open a ticket from in the game like you used to be able to.

6 Likes

Having the same problem with all my toons using that mount…

2 Likes

I’m having this issue as well. Deactivating addons, a game scan and repair, and deleting the cache didn’t resolve the issue.

1 Like

I had the same problem with the glider. I’m having the same problem with Nightmarish Emerald Drake. Polly Roger worked ok for one of my toons.

Seems like several mounts, Nightmarish Emerald Drake too

2 Likes

in same boat. Have logged off and back on, rebooted, scanned and repaired…I log on and I’m on my mount and I can’t get off. Anything I do to dismount it instantly poofs and remounts me.

O thanks god im not the only one, I cannot dismount when using my hunter, I got so frustrated that I just not playin right now anymore.

3 Likes

Not sure if it will help but have you tried flying to a dungeon and going inside to see if that will dismount you and then come back out?

I know it does not fix the mount issue, but it might fix the issue of not being able to dismount.

1 Like

I was having this issue too with festering drake. was able to fly into a dungeon to dismount, and switch to another mount

Want to add the pile. As others have, disabled all addons to ensure nothing there.

Kalu’ak Whalebone Glider and Nightmarish Emerald Drake are causing issues for me.

Great Gray Kodo, Polly Roger, and Tawny Wind Rider are not.

1 Like

False. I was just there. Big red question mark on your taskbar then top row center. Don’t know how you could miss it.

Yes the big red question mark is there, but there isn’t a way to enter a ticket like before which got immediate attention from a developer or GM. Now you go around in circles with an automated system trying to find a FAQ to answer your question. The ‘submit a bug’ option has a note that says someone will review it but you will not get a response. Issues added here also do not show up in ‘your tickets’ tab. So yeah, it’s not the same system as before. Lots has changed since 2009 when I started playing.

1 Like

Get a mage to port you to dalaran. and than dont use those mounts again.

1 Like

Also seeing this issue with nightmare emerald drake, seems that a lot of the 12 month sub rewards are suddenly bugged. How does this even happen?

1 Like

I just logged into another toon and that one is on the mount now too and can’t get off. It was not on the mount last time I logged out!

It’s not that simple.

Reporting a bug (which gives the appearance of just going to file 13), is only a couple of clicks from the question mark. But raising a ticket which is allocated a tracking number and should get a response is much more work, and can be difficult to navigate.

I raised a ticket recently and it’s not intuitive.
I had to first work my way through a series of “is this your problem” questions and category selection. At one point it looked like I had looped back to the start of a never ending cycle. But I did eventually manage to open it, and even a response. (For all the fat lot of good it did though. :confounded: - It was the all too common zero-help template response demonstrating a lack of understanding or motivation to do anything other than close the ticket.)

I suggest using the simpler “report a bug” option rather than trying to raise a ticket. The more people who report the bug, the more likely it is to be noticed.
Only use the raise ticket if you’re really stuck on the mount (as in even going into a building doesn’t dismount you). Because then hopefully support might be able to actively intervene to remove the buff.
Either way, there’s nothing to be done but report the bug and wait for a fix.

Same here, cant complete quests or level due to this issue

I never get mad at the bugs but now I am. I literally cannot play the game. All my toons are on the mount now. I cannot dismount. I cannot attack or do anything in the game. If I die on purpose I am on the mount even when I am dead.

Since you seem to be having a slightly different problem to others, who are able to get rid of the mount by entering a building, I’m curious what might be causing it.

Do you perhaps have that marked as a favourite mount?
If so, try removing the favourite selection.

I suggested basically the same thing, enter a dungeon and see if you get dismounted. :point_down: