Can't buy WoW Sub with balance, Also can't buy token without sub

I have always bought balance cards from the store and then used it to sub to the game that way. Well I did that again last night, seeing as i wanted to start playing again… but now the only option is for me to buy 60 days! Well I don’t want to buy 2 months, I want to pay a month at a time like i always have. Anyone know why this change was made? Also without my account being active, I can’t even buy a WoW token either. Blizzard what gives?

1 Like

If you have enough gold on a single realm (all character combined) you should indeed be offered the option to buy a token with gold at the character selection screen.

If that’s not showing up, then it would seem to indicate that you might not have enough gold to buy a token.

6 Likes

Blizzard Balance has never been permitted for Subscriptions. You may be thinking of Game Time, which is a separate product.

Available Game Time options were recently changed. You can read more about that here: Changes to Purchasable Game Time Options

You can reactivate from the character select screen assuming the characters on your realm have enough gold in their inventory (not mail) to cover the current price of a WOW Token. You do not need to log into a character to do this.

https://battle.net/support/article/16904

4 Likes

I have $$ money to buy the token, not gold. All I want is to buy a month of game time, like I always have. But I have literally no way of doing it. I have 21 dollars, but now the min i can buy is 30 dollars worth or 60 days of game time. Is this predatory practice to get us to spend more money? or is it a temporary issue?

3 Likes

If you purchase a Token with money (USD) then your only option for that token is to list it on the Auction House to sell for gold. Since your account is inactive, you won’t have this option.

Tokens purchased with Gold may be redeemed for Blizzard Balance or Game Time.

5 Likes

This is predatory. Why would you make this change after all these years? And why is it right about the time your player count went down? This is just disgusting. I want a refund of my balance. I spent the last 20 dollars in my pocket to play your game, and you basically just double the price for me to have access to it.

4 Likes

Since your Balance was purchased from a retail location and the code has been used to redeem it on a Blizzard account it will not be eligible for a refund. We are not able to reactivate Blizzard Balance cards purchased from stores.

Your Blizzard Balance may be used to purchase other Blizzard shop products - as you did earlier today.

If you wish to provide feedback regarding these changes, I’d direct you back to the topic which announced them. It was left open when posted so that players could discuss the changes and share their feedback.

5 Likes

Blizzard has not provided subscription information in heavens only knows how long. So unless it’s coming directly from them, this schtick is irrelevant and questionable at best.

That said, they are allowed to do as they choose and change things how they’d like. There are multiple methods of purchasing game time, and if none of them appeal to you because of the changes? That is your prerogative if you choose not play anymore. The changes were announced and it is on us as players to keep up on what is what. So no, this isn’t predatory by any stretch of the word.

5 Likes

I spent balance today on HotS, with a balance the existed before buying the most recent 20 dollar game card. I was playing HotS because I cannot access my WoW account because of your ridiculous pay wall. Unless you want me on these forums every single day, I would like you to deduct the 20 dollars from my balance and you can send me a check in the mail. I will not support this type of predatory behavior, and I will not roll over and let you steal from me. I bought the balance with the intention of spending it on 30 days of game time, as I have for the last 16 years or so. The way I see it, your company has stolen this money from me, by not providing me with the service that was expected to be provided. I don’t want to provide feed back because I know it will fall on deaf ears. I want my money back, or I want access to the game which the money was intended for.

2 Likes

The only service you should expect to be provided when you redeem a Blizzard Balance card on your Blizzard account is that the funds purchased will be added to the Blizzard account.

Purchasing a Blizzard Balance card does not guarantee any other specific products from the Blizzard online shop. I’m sorry if you were unaware of the recent change to products and services being offered on our shop but you received exactly what you were intended from your code claim.

You’re welcome to file a ticket with your refund request, but I would expect the request to be declined.

I think this topic has run its course, and I’m going to close it now that we’ve covered your options going forward.

11 Likes