Canonical Warfront Winners

If they announce Darkshore and Arathi as Alliance wins, and then they introduce 2 new Warfronts, it would seem the Horde would win the 2 newest ones eventually.

Would the predictability of the outcome take the fun out of them? Would it make the game less enjoyable simply taking turns each few patches? I guess that is what Warfronts do. We do not even know how they will be resolved.

There is always the option that the Alliance just wins the Expansion outright and all the Warfronts.

Considering what he’ll be getting in 8.1.5, I wouldn’t put any expectations on him leading a warfront any time in this expansion. I also makes me think that any possibility of a Barrens Warfont is kinda dead in the water. They have never built up any other tauren in a strong leading role and those who they have, Hamuul, is off doing something else.

I could expect Aponi to perhaps lead it, even just a random other class trainer, or one of the Highmoutain Chiefains in his place. Otherwise you are looking at Rokhan (again), Warlord Crawgol, or any other number of randoms. If you said to yourself “Who?” when I mentioned Crawgol, he was the one that told the first Warlord not to build Desolation Hold on a silithid mound. Yes, the Horde is so devoid of leadership the “silithid expert” is now somehow Warlord of the Southern Barrens. Let that one sink in.

I get a bad feeling we’re never getting a Cataclysm 2 and these places will stay deadlocked until a book clarifies, and even then they’ll stay deadlocked in gameplay.

1 Like

Aside from Aponi, there’s also Sunwalker Dezco. I’m not sure where his character is supposed to be now. But it wouldn’t be odd to throw him into a warfront.

2 Likes

I am pretty confident we’ll get a Southern Barren Warfront, if you fly to the Southern Barrens, you can already hear BfA music in-game.

With that being said, with Baine’s story arch thus far, it makes me wonder what is going to happen with him. Maybe it’ll be a Horde vs Horde Warfront? I doubt they would do that though, unless also giving us an Alliance vs Alliance warfront as well… which is -possible- but I wouldn’t say likely.

Granted, isn’t Baine meeting with Jaina and Derek in Theramore? That might kick off some unforeseen events.

I see someone woke up on the cynical side of the bed this morning.

With Arathi they could split the difference and have the Alliance hold Stromgarde but failing to fully push the Horde from the Highlands.

Darkshore will almost certainly be a canonical Alliance victory, and there is some datamined stuff that indicates this might be established before BfA ends.

If the 3rd Warfront is a Barrens Warfront, then that could be the canonical unambigious Horde win.

2 Likes

After the Horde’s sins are forgiven once again, they might even agree to share!

Or they might stalemate and then the Horde agrees to withdraw after the war is over.

Danath Trollbane wins every warfront whether he is involved or not.

1 Like

Having Stormwind, Kul Tiras AND Stromgarde back in the Alliance would be pretty sweet. We really needed more human nations beyond just Stormwind.

1 Like

I mean… do we really though? I am kind of sick of orcs v humans tbh. It would be cool if Shadowforge was actually revamped to be an actual capital city.

Issue is, personally, Dezco hasn’t been around for some time and was an advocate of peace more than anything. He’s probably still over in Pandaria secretly watching his son.

It would add a bit more diversity to humans, which is always nice. The less humanity is centered around Stormwind, the better.

I always wish humans as a race and the humanity’s=s history got a bit more screentime. Being the “cradle of human civilization”, essentially humanity’s Zandalar, you’d expect that humans everywhere - Gilneans, Kul Tirans, Lodaeronians and, er… Stormwinders? - felt something towards that place.

Human heritage armor questline exploring what it means to be human when???

I guess, I am just, personally, so bored with humans in general. I think they are way over represented in the Alliance as it is. The Alliance flag is the exact same as Stormwind’s flag. That, in addition to the role of a High King, following the same hereditary rules of succession, it just makes the Alliance seem more like Stormwind’s Empire, as opposed to an alliance of like minded and/or cooperative races.

Really, I think gnomes and Nelves are in much greater need of some diversity. At the moment, those races are cultural monoliths, and Its annoying that Blizzard attempted to solve that by just having some night elves willingly submit themselves into undeath. Rather than just defining the cultural and/or lifestyle difference between the Night Elves that live in different parts of Kalimdor. Surely there is a difference between nelves in Feralas when compared to those in Winterspring.

That’s one of the things I’d hope this would ameliorate - make humans less boring. Turn them into an actual race, with racial things, instead of just your standard flavorless generic people. Stormwind’s overbearing presence in the Alliance would require some other solution, tho - perhaps the opposite treatment humans need, giving other races more prominence as political entities and governments rather than races under the alliance.

I can’t deny gnomes are in dire need of the spotlight, having never had it shone over them as far as I can remember.

Meanwhile, nelves already got a whole lotta screentime. The problem is that it’s usually not good for them.

1 Like

i think that after kultiras we need to take a break from humans.

i want to see more about lightforged draenie, personally.

which, honestly, is kind of worse than not having any screen time. Every time Blizzard comes out with new nelf lore, I brace like I am about to get punched in the face.

Also Legion.

Also MoP, Cata, Wrath, BC, possibly also Vanilla…

I don’t think anyone was really the hero in WoD, but if there was a hero in it it was probably the Alliance just because it was everywhere else.

1 Like

Oh look, the Horde toddler army is here. Can we stay on topic please? Thanks.