Cannot timewalk at level 59

For some reason can no longer timewalk on level 59 character. I was in chromie time completing cataclysm quests when I got to level 59 and got the notification from chromie that my timewalk would be ending soon (when I reached level 60). However, it ended the next time I went to stormwind and I cannot turn it back on even though I am still below level 60 and have not started shadowlands. The support article https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/275056 does not give any further explanation about why I can’t timewalk anymore that I can see. Can this be fixed?

Timewalking, no. Check the warboard in Stormwind or Orgrimmar.

No, she just has a textbox, no options or anything

Does look like there are some bug reports from November, though. Think your option might be to add your voice there and hope they find a fix for it.

Definitely going to be a tough bug to squash because the characters I ran through a few weeks ago made it to 60 before the timer kicked in no problem.

That’s disappointing. I just want to finish the quests in the zone I was in :upside_down_face:

I do see a shared factor in your OP and some other posts being that you left the expansion “content” you chose after accepting the level 59 quest, so that might be something you want to highlight in your bug report.

I know I drove right to 60 without stopping, so that is quite likely why I did not experience this.

you can still do that, you just won’t get much XP

This is exactly how it is working. I found that out the hard way myself. Now I make sure my 59 levelers in chromie time do not go through the capital city for any reason. There are very limited options for getting the xp you need to finish that level once this happens.

1 Like

If you do fall to this at 59, just go to BFA content and you get full XP until 60. I fell for this on one character as well, but figured out what was needed.

3 Likes

Actually what I did was go to Revendreth (I think you must have Shadowlands opened, which I did) killed mobs and farmed herbs and ore. I had enough of BfA during BfA.

Without flying that wouldn’t have been possible.

2 Likes