Cannot strafe at all in any instance (or main world, but there's a workaround for that)

If you load into any instance while strafing on a dragonflight mount, you will not be able to strafe in the instance, or even once you leave. This issue persists after doing a /reload, or even exiting the game completely and logging back in.

You can fix it while outside of an instance by getting back on the dragonflight mount and using a vigor ability. That will let you strafe again until you join another instance. As soon as you join another instance, you can no longer strafe again.

At this point, I can’t even queue a BG. No matter which I get, I can’t strafe at all anymore. Countless reloads/and exiting the game completely has no effect at all. I’ve even rebound strafe keys to new keys, and that doesn’t work either. The ability to move laterally just doesn’t exist.

I’m not fond of terms like " unplayable" but this definitely fits that criteria. If you’re pressing movement keys and you do not move, it’s literally unplayable.

Edit: Update - It’s not just BG’s/Instances, my strafe is now breaking after using a hearthstone too. It seems like it doesn’t matter if it’s an instance or not. It breaks after a loading screen. The workaround in the main world still works, but not instances/BG’s where you can’t get on the DF mount.

41 Likes

+1.

Same here.

BlizzardCS twitter acknowledged it as a known issue at least

3 Likes

Blizzard please! My fellow juicy Rogue friend cannot strafe in PvP and it’s hurting our enjoyment! Please fix daddy Blizzard.

+1

In BG’s I permanently can’t strafe. It’s so unplayable :frowning:

1 Like

Completely fixed what I came to the forums for, thank you Faestri. Stupid bug.

Same got kicked from a heroic dungeon que over this, not really happy atm Blizzard

Delete your cache folder in the wow directory. I haven’t had the issue since I did that.

8 Likes

So I was stuck with this all day, restarted everything, cleared cache, then when I went to do my last M0 for Uldaman, I went to Org and I couldn’t fly there… which was weird since I’ve never had that problem before.

After that, I relogged in Org, and now I can strafe in dungeons. It’s like it ungliched the dragon riding since I couldn’t ride a dragon there.

Not ideal but if you log into another character and back in its fixed every time.

5 Likes

How is this not fixed!!!

5 Likes

I also have this issue in a dungeon, was playing fine just until the dungeon (Normal Neltharus). Exit game did NOT fix the issue. Will try logging out and clearing cache.

2 Likes

Even worse today after reset.

2 Likes

Same issue, no fix yet?

1 Like

If you need to fix this, mount your dragonflight flying mount, fly, and dismount

3 Likes

so i found a weird fix that will fix it even after reentering the dungeon i deleted my character and restored it but keep in mind you can only do that once every 7 days

+1 thank you so much for figuring it out.

Same here! I wish they fix it before the season 1 starts.

Had the same issue, thanks for letting me know what caused it and how to fix it.

I qued into nokhud offensive and used a vigor and after the dungeon i was able to strafe in the main world again.

Same issue here.