Cannot save any elements using Edit Mode

When I go to edit any element of my UI in edit mode, the Save button does nothing when pressed. For instance, I have a bar I usually keep hidden until combat. I want to swap abilities on it, so I went to edit mode, selected this bar, changed the toggle dropdown to “Always visible” and clicked save.

When trying to close the Edit Mode ui, a popup appears showing “If you exit now you will lose any unsaved changes. How would you like to proceed” with buttons for Save and Exit, Exit, or Canel; saying that changes are unsaved. The “Save and Exit” button likewise does not save any changes made. Trying to edit any other element of the ui through here does not save either currently.

The issue persists through restart.

15 Likes

same thing is happening to me and its a big bummer

5 Likes

Same thing is happening to me. It feels like the whole UI is in Read-Only mode. Anyone find a fix?

4 Likes

This is also happening to me. It will not let me even create new layouts (either overall or character specific) and it’s happening on multiple toons. Was working fine yesterday.

I’ve cleaned out my WTF and addons folder just in case anything was causing it, but was still happening :slightly_frowning_face:

7 Likes

Same issue here , Tried to move my Talking Head Frame and it wont let me save anything.

6 Likes

I’ve been having this issue all morning. It’s definitely on Blizzard’s side. Over an hour of troubleshooting netted me nothing. Hopefully it gets fixed in the maintenance tomorrow morning.

5 Likes

Message: Interface/FrameXML/EditModeSystemTemplates.lua:468: attempt to perform arithmetic on a nil value
Time: Wed Nov 30 10:55:07 2022
Count: 1
Stack: Interface/FrameXML/EditModeSystemTemplates.lua:468: attempt to perform arithmetic on a nil value
[string “@Interface/FrameXML/EditModeManager.lua”]:1123: in function `SaveLayouts’
[string “@Interface/FrameXML/EditModeManager.lua”]:1132: in function <Interface/FrameXML/EditModeManager.lua:1128>
[string “=(tail call)”]: ?
[string “@Interface/SharedXML/SharedUIPanelTemplates.lua”]:1198: in function <Interface/SharedXML/SharedUIPanelTemplates.lua:1194>

Locals: self = EditModeManagerFrame {
ClearLockedLayoutButton = defined @Interface/FrameXML/EditModeManager.lua:1204
SetGridSpacing = defined @Interface/FrameXML/EditModeManager.lua:908
IsEditModeInLockState = defined @Interface/FrameXML/EditModeManager.lua:219
Grid = Frame {
}
buttonEntryPool = {
}
UpdateDropdownOptions = defined @Interface/FrameXML/EditModeManager.lua:941
ShouldRaidFrameShowSeparateGroups = defined @Interface/FrameXML/EditModeManager.lua:547
ImportLayout = defined @Interface/FrameXML/EditModeManager.lua:1111
NotifyChatOfLayoutChange = defined @Interface/FrameXML/EditModeManager.lua:668
IsSnapEnabled = defined @Interface/FrameXML/EditModeManager.lua:927
HideSystemSelections = defined @Interface/FrameXML/EditModeManager.lua:174
BlockEnteringEditMode = defined @Interface/FrameXML/EditModeManager.lua:1227
ShowNewLayoutDialog = defined @Interface/FrameXML/EditModeManager.lua:1142
DeleteLayout = defined @Interface/FrameXML/EditModeManager.lua:1067
ClearSelectedSystem = defined @Interface/FrameXML/EditModeManager.lua:658
AccountSettings = Frame {
}
AddLayoutChildren = defined @Interface/SharedXML/LayoutFrame.lua:48
editModeActive = true
RevertAllChangesButton = Button {
}
HasActiveChanges = defined @Interface/FrameXML/EditModeManager.lua:321
DoesSettingDisplayValueEqual = defined @Interface/FrameXML/EditModeManager.lua:438
OnLoad = defined @Interface/FrameXML/EditModeManager.lua:3
Layout = defined @Interface/SharedXML/LayoutFrame.lua:333
OpenAndShowImportLayoutLinkDialog = defined @Interface/FrameXML/EditModeManager.lua:1152
GetSettingValueBool = defined @Interface/FrameXML/EditModeManager.lua:424
SetEditModeLockState = defined @Interface/FrameXML/EditModeManager.lua:215
GetNumRaidMembersForcedShown = defined @Interface/FrameXML/EditModeManager.lua:505
UpdateLayoutInfo = defined @Interface/FrameXML/EditModeManager.lua:867
IsLayoutFrame = defined @Interface/SharedXML/LayoutFrame.lua:36
DoesSettingValueEqual = defined @Interface/FrameXML/EditModeManager.lua:431
LayoutDropdown = Frame {
}
ToggleRenameOrCopyLayoutDropdown = defined @Interface/FrameXML/EditModeManager.lua:1196
accountSettings =

{
}
SetGridShown = defined @Interface/FrameXML/EditModeManager.lua:897
UseRaidStylePartyFrames = defined @Interface/FrameXML/EditModeManager.lua:449
SaveLayoutChanges = defined @Interface/FrameXML/EditModeManager.lua:1128
modernSystemMap =
{
}
UpdateRightActionBarPositions = defined @Interface/FrameXML/EditModeManager.lua:565
OnSystemPositionChange = defined @Interface/FrameXML/EditModeManager.lua:368
dirty = false
ArePartyFramesForcedShown = defined @Interface/FrameXML/EditModeManager.lua:445
UpdateRaidContainerFlow = defined @Interface/FrameXML/EditModeManager.lua:457
GetActiveLayoutInfo = defined @Interface/FrameXML/EditModeManager.lua:1019
UpdateActionBarLayout = defined @Interface/FrameXML/EditModeManager.lua:552
RemoveOldSystemsAndSettings = defined @Interface/Frame

6 Likes

having the same issue

3 Likes

having the same issue

3 Likes

Ad me to this list!

2 Likes

Same here. I tried multiple characters in multiple locations with the same result.

3 Likes

Same… with all add ons disabled.

2 Likes

WOW this is so annoying. My chat frame is messed up from a previous edit and I cannot save my changes to get it back how it was before. WTH??

2 Likes

still not working

2 Likes

What’s neat is the server troubles last night wiped out all of the edit mode settings and templates for some players.

Now they are unable to save changes to their UI. Meaning Blizzard’s bad code deleted their UI and now also prevents them from fixing it.

6 Likes

Same here. Was working fine yesterday.

4 Likes

Same issue. All of the below attempts didn’t work:

• Disabled addons
  • Deleted WTF and Cache
  • Reinstalled Addons
  • Deleted edit mode lua
  • Used Blizzard’s repair tool
  • Tried this on multiple characters and servers

It seems to be something on Blizzard’s side. Any other suggestions to try?

(Sorry for the repost. Thought I could fix the weird box it gave my post, but I couldn’t.)

4 Likes

Same issue - repeatedly unable to save my UI changes. (All add-ons disabled.)
Including Lua Error information in case it is helpful.

Message: Interface/FrameXML/EditModeSystemTemplates.lua:473: attempt to perform arithmetic on a nil value
Time: Wed Nov 30 17:00:00 2022
Stack: Interface/FrameXML/EditModeSystemTemplates.lua:473: attempt to perform arithmetic on a nil value
[string “@Interface/FrameXML/EditModeSystemTemplates.lua”]:473: in function BreakFrameSnap' [string "@Interface/FrameXML/EditModeSystemTemplates.lua"]:41: in function PrepareForSave’
[string “@Interface/FrameXML/EditModeManager.lua”]:1118: in function PrepareSystemsForSave' [string "@Interface/FrameXML/EditModeManager.lua"]:1123: in function SaveLayouts’
[string “@Interface/FrameXML/EditModeManager.lua”]:1132: in function <Interface/FrameXML/EditModeManager.lua:1128>
[string “@Interface/SharedXML/SharedUIPanelTemplates.lua”]:1198: in function <Interface/SharedXML/SharedUIPanelTemplates.lua:1194>

Locals: self = CompactRaidFrameContainer {
0 =
GetUnitFrame = defined @Interface/AddOns/Blizzard_CompactRaidFrames/Blizzard_CompactRaidFrameContainer.lua:315
UpdateMagnetismRegistration = defined @Interface/FrameXML/EditModeSystemTemplates.lua:521
GetSnapOffsets = defined @Interface/FrameXML/EditModeSystemTemplates.lua:421
systemInfo = {
}
IsFrameAnchoredToMe = defined @Interface/FrameXML/EditModeSystemTemplates.lua:484
ApplyToFrames = defined @Interface/AddOns/Blizzard_CompactRaidFrames/Blizzard_CompactRaidFrameContainer.lua:115
alwaysUseTopLeftAnchor = true
breakSnappedFramesOnSave = true
SetFlowSortFunction = defined @Interface/AddOns/Blizzard_CompactRaidFrames/Blizzard_CompactRaidFrameContainer.lua:89
SetBorderShown = defined @Interface/AddOns/Blizzard_CompactRaidFrames/Blizzard_CompactRaidFrameContainer.lua:110
UseCombinedGroups = defined @Interface/FrameXML/EditModeSystemTemplates.lua:877
ResetToDefaultPosition = defined @Interface/FrameXML/EditModeSystemTemplates.lua:158
GetScaledSelectionSides = defined @Interface/FrameXML/EditModeSystemTemplates.lua:365
SelectSystem = defined @Interface/FrameXML/EditModeSystemTemplates.lua:549
GetFrameMagneticEligibility = defined @Interface/FrameXML/EditModeSystemTemplates.lua:504
UpdateSystemSettingUseLargerFrame = defined @Interface/FrameXML/EditModeSystemTemplates.lua:986
AddLayoutChildren = defined @Interface/SharedXML/LayoutFrame.lua:48
IsBelowFrame = defined @Interface/FrameXML/EditModeSystemTemplates.lua:332
SetScaleBase = defined =[C]:-1
HasActiveChanges = defined @Interface/FrameXML/EditModeSystemTemplates.lua:254
AddFlaggedUnits = defined @Interface/AddOns/Blizzard_CompactRaidFrames/Blizzard_CompactRaidFrameContainer.lua:274
flowFilterFunc = defined @Interface/AddOns/Blizzard_CompactRaidFrames/Blizzard_CompactRaidFrameManager.lua:523
DoesSettingDisplayValueEqual = defined @Interface/FrameXML/EditModeSystemTemplates.lua:278
OnLoad = defined @Interface/AddOns/Blizzard_CompactRaidFrames/Blizzard_CompactRaidFrameContainer.lua:14
UpdateDisplayInfoOptions = defined @Interface/FrameXML/EditModeSystemTemplates.lua:289
settingDisplayInfoMap =

{
}
GetSettingValueBool = defined @Interface/FrameXML/EditModeSystemTemplates.lua:269
TryUpdate = defined @Interface/AddOns/Blizzard_CompactRaidFrames/Blizzard_CompactRaidFrameContainer.lua:126
IsLayoutFrame = defined @Interface/SharedXML/LayoutFrame.lua:36
DoesSettingValueEqual = defined @Interface/FrameXML/EditModeSystemTemplates.lua:273
MarkDirty = defined @Interface/SharedXML/LayoutFrame.lua:90
UpdateSelectionVerticalState = defined @Interface/FrameXML/EditModeSystemTemplates.lua:1101
AddUnitFrame = defined @Interface/AddOns/Blizzard_CompactRaidFrames/Blizzard_CompactRaidFrameContainer.lua:303
Add

2 Likes

This me. My UI was completely reset/erased on Monday, so I redid (most of) it and then it was wiped again. Now I can’t make a new one.

:expressionless:

4 Likes

Same can’t move or resize anything in my UI.

Message: Interface/FrameXML/EditModeSystemTemplates.lua:473: attempt to perform arithmetic on a nil value
Time: Wed Nov 30 14:49:22 2022
Stack: Interface/FrameXML/EditModeSystemTemplates.lua:473: attempt to perform arithmetic on a nil value
[string “@Interface/FrameXML/EditModeSystemTemplates.lua”]:473: in function BreakFrameSnap' [string "@Interface/FrameXML/EditModeSystemTemplates.lua"]:443: in function BreakSnappedFrames’
[string “@Interface/FrameXML/EditModeSystemTemplates.lua”]:37: in function PrepareForSave' [string "@Interface/FrameXML/EditModeManager.lua"]:1118: in function PrepareSystemsForSave’
[string “@Interface/FrameXML/EditModeManager.lua”]:1123: in function `SaveLayouts’

Locals: self = LootFrame {
0 =
ShowAnim = AnimationGroup {
}
UpdateMagnetismRegistration = defined @Interface/FrameXML/EditModeSystemTemplates.lua:521
GetSnapOffsets = defined @Interface/FrameXML/EditModeSystemTemplates.lua:421
GetSettingValue = defined @Interface/FrameXML/EditModeSystemTemplates.lua:262
ClosePanelButton = Button {
}
StopAllAnimations = defined @Interface/FrameXML/ScrollingFlatPanel.lua:59
GetTitleText = defined @Interface/SharedXML/PortraitFrame.lua:28
isHighlighted = false
isInEditMode = false
editModeManuallyShown = true
Resize = defined @Interface/FrameXML/ScrollingFlatPanel.lua:35
dirtySettings = {
}
OnShow = defined @Interface/FrameXML/LootFrame.lua:125
settingMap =

{
}
OnDragStop = defined @Interface/FrameXML/EditModeSystemTemplates.lua:589
systemInfo =
{
}
Open = defined @Interface/FrameXML/LootFrame.lua:141
UpdateSystemSettingValue = defined @Interface/FrameXML/EditModeSystemTemplates.lua:141
GetSelectionOffset = defined @Interface/FrameXML/EditModeSystemTemplates.lua:373
IsVerticallyAlignedWithFrame = defined @Interface/FrameXML/EditModeSystemTemplates.lua:338
AddSnappedFrame = defined @Interface/FrameXML/EditModeSystemTemplates.lua:433
ResetToDefaultPosition = defined @Interface/FrameXML/EditModeSystemTemplates.lua:158
ConvertSettingDisplayValueToRawValue = defined @Interface/FrameXML/EditModeSystemTemplates.lua:105
ShouldShowSetting = defined @Interface/FrameXML/EditModeSystemTemplates.lua:294
SetSnappedToFrame = defined @Interface/FrameXML/EditModeSystemTemplates.lua:447
SelectSystem = defined @Interface/FrameXML/EditModeSystemTemplates.lua:549
savedSystemInfo =
{
}
UseSettingAltName = defined @Interface/FrameXML/EditModeSystemTemplates.lua:284
IsHorizontallyAlignedWithFrame = defined @Interface/FrameXML/EditModeSystemTemplates.lua:344
ClearDirtySetting = defined @Interface/FrameXML/EditModeSystemTemplates.lua:137
IsInitialized = defined @Interface/FrameXML/EditModeSystemTemplates.lua:237
UpdateSystemSetting = defined @Interface/FrameXML/EditModeSystemTemplates.lua:223
SetPoint = defined @Interface/FrameXML/EditModeSystemTemplates.lua:71
OnHideAnimFinished = defined @Interface/FrameXML/LootFrame.lua:69
GetFrameMagneticEligibility = defined @Interface/FrameXML/EditModeSystemTemplates.lua:504
settingsDialogAnchor =
{
}
GetScaledSelectionCenter = defined @Interface/FrameXML/EditModeSystemTemplates.lua:351
systemName = “Loot Window”
SetScaleBase = defined =[C]:-1
HasActiveChanges = defined @Interface/FrameXML/EditModeSystemTemplates.lua:254
Bg = LootFrameBg {
}
GetScaledCenter = defined @Interface/FrameXML/EditMode

2 Likes