Cannot save any elements using Edit Mode

Same. Can’t save, edit, rename and delete profiles. It’s a mess.

Feel like reinstalling Bartender again.

1 Like

Bartender won’t fix things like the chat window and party frames. We need a Blizzard fix on this sooner rather than later. I can’t even read my chat box.

1 Like

Having the same issue, even after a full reinstall of the game. Can’t save anything to the UI in edit mode.

1 Like

Same issue, 11/30/22 as of 4:29 p.m. PST. That’s all I got.

1 Like

Having the same problem as everyone else was able to make changes for most of the day just tried to move something a little while ago and errors when trying to save LUA Error I am getting not sure if it’s helpful.

Message: Interface/FrameXML/EditModeSystemTemplates.lua:473: attempt to perform arithmetic on a nil value
Time: Wed Nov 30 16:21:42 2022
Count: 1
Stack: Interface/FrameXML/EditModeSystemTemplates.lua:473: attempt to perform arithmetic on a nil value
[string “@Interface/FrameXML/EditModeSystemTemplates.lua”]:473: in function BreakFrameSnap' [string "@Interface/FrameXML/EditModeSystemTemplates.lua"]:41: in function PrepareForSave’
[string “@Interface/FrameXML/EditModeManager.lua”]:1118: in function PrepareSystemsForSave' [string "@Interface/FrameXML/EditModeManager.lua"]:1123: in function SaveLayouts’
[string “@Interface/FrameXML/EditModeManager.lua”]:1132: in function <Interface/FrameXML/EditModeManager.lua:1128>
[string “=(tail call)”]: ?
[string “@Interface/SharedXML/SharedUIPanelTemplates.lua”]:1198: in function <Interface/SharedXML/SharedUIPanelTemplates.lua:1194>

Locals: self = CompactRaidFrameContainer {
0 =
GetUnitFrame = defined @Interface/AddOns/Blizzard_CompactRaidFrames/Blizzard_CompactRaidFrameContainer.lua:315
UpdateMagnetismRegistration = defined @Interface/FrameXML/EditModeSystemTemplates.lua:521
GetSnapOffsets = defined @Interface/FrameXML/EditModeSystemTemplates.lua:421
systemInfo = {
}
IsFrameAnchoredToMe = defined @Interface/FrameXML/EditModeSystemTemplates.lua:484
ApplyToFrames = defined @Interface/AddOns/Blizzard_CompactRaidFrames/Blizzard_CompactRaidFrameContainer.lua:115
alwaysUseTopLeftAnchor = true
breakSnappedFramesOnSave = true
SetFlowSortFunction = defined @Interface/AddOns/Blizzard_CompactRaidFrames/Blizzard_CompactRaidFrameContainer.lua:89
SetBorderShown = defined @Interface/AddOns/Blizzard_CompactRaidFrames/Blizzard_CompactRaidFrameContainer.lua:110
UseCombinedGroups = defined @Interface/FrameXML/EditModeSystemTemplates.lua:877
ResetToDefaultPosition = defined @Interface/FrameXML/EditModeSystemTemplates.lua:158
GetScaledSelectionSides = defined @Interface/FrameXML/EditModeSystemTemplates.lua:365
SelectSystem = defined @Interface/FrameXML/EditModeSystemTemplates.lua:549
GetFrameMagneticEligibility = defined @Interface/FrameXML/EditModeSystemTemplates.lua:504
UpdateSystemSettingUseLargerFrame = defined @Interface/FrameXML/EditModeSystemTemplates.lua:986
AddLayoutChildren = defined @Interface/SharedXML/LayoutFrame.lua:48
IsBelowFrame = defined @Interface/FrameXML/EditModeSystemTemplates.lua:332
SetScaleBase = defined =[C]:-1
HasActiveChanges = defined @Interface/FrameXML/EditModeSystemTemplates.lua:254
AddFlaggedUnits = defined @Interface/AddOns/Blizzard_CompactRaidFrames/Blizzard_CompactRaidFrameContainer.lua:274
flowFilterFunc = defined @Interface/AddOns/Blizzard_CompactRaidFrames/Blizzard_CompactRaidFrameManager.lua:523
DoesSettingDisplayValueEqual = defined @Interface/FrameXML/EditModeSystemTemplates.lua:278
OnLoad = defined @Interface/AddOns/Blizzard_CompactRaidFrames/Blizzard_CompactRaidFrameContainer.lua:14
UpdateDisplayInfoOptions = defined @Interface/FrameXML/EditModeSystemTemplates.lua:289
settingDisplayInfoMap =

{
}
GetSettingValueBool = defined @Interface/FrameXML/EditModeSystemTemplates.lua:269
TryUpdate = defined @Interface/AddOns/Blizzard_CompactRaidFrames/Blizzard_CompactRaidFrameContainer.lua:126
IsLayoutFrame = defined @Interface/SharedXML/LayoutFrame.lua:36
DoesSettingValueEqual = defined @Interface/FrameXML/EditModeSystemTemplates.lua:273
MarkDirty = defined @Interface/SharedXML/LayoutFrame.lua:90
UpdateSelectionVerticalState = defined @Interface/FrameXML/EditModeSystemTemplates.lua:1101
AddUnitFrame = defined @Interface/AddOns/Blizzard_CompactRaidFrames/Blizzard_CompactRaidFrameContainer.lua:303
Add

2 Likes

I found a potential work-around.

First I went to C:\Program Files (x86)\World of Warcraft_retail_\WTF\Account\AccountName and deleted the edit-mode-cache-account and edit-mode-cache-account.old files.

Second, I imported the text file of my UI loadout. I made sure to save a copy after all my loadouts got deleted in the emergency maintenance on 11/18. The UI editor actually allowed me to save the imported loadout. It still works fine as long as I don’t try to make any changes to it. There are some issues with the old loadout that I’d like to fix, but at least I’m not running with a broken UI any more.

P.S. I’d suggest just moving or renaming the edit-mode-cache-account and edit-mode-cache-account.old files rather than deleting them. That way, in the case that this method doesn’t work for you, you can reactivate the old files rather than having them be gone if you need them.

1 Like

Confirming this is happening to me too.

Can you guys check to see if your crafting professions are working properly? My numbers keep resetting to default, and it started happening at the same time as this edit mode BS.

1 Like

Yeah, on the “create” counter, trying to set it above 1 results in it simply reverting to 1.

2 Likes

I had this happen. Only “solution” I could find was to create a new profile and set my frames up all over again. The old, bugged, profile is still there, and theres no option to delete it.

1 Like

having same issue as well. Made a custom layout, now when I try to move an elements I cant hit save. Cant create a new profile. Layout is working but I cant move anything in edit mode and save it

1 Like

Also having the same issues as everyone above. Hopefully blizz catches notice of the multiple post about this aggravating issue and fixes it soon.

Okay I found a fix for it. In Edit Mode, select “Raid Frames” and “Boss Frames”, then exit Edit Mode without saving and /reload.

If you open Edit Mode without Raid Frames and Boss Frames selected, it seems to trigger the bug.

Blizzards code, when saving, is calling:

BossTargetFrameContainer:ClearAllPoints()
then, math on the result from BossTargetFrameContainer:GetRight()

It does the same to CompactRaidFrameContainer.

But if the frame isn’t visible, because it wasn’t selected when entering Edit Mode, calling BossTargetFrameContainer:GetRight() returns nil. It can’t do math on nil, so, throws an error, which cancels the save.

12 Likes

Can confirm, make sure the Raid Frames and Boss frames are checked ON, hitting escape and then /reload. You can now make changes to your UI and properly save it.

2 Likes

It works! Thank you kind stranger.

nice! its working! ty

This seemed like it worked…as first. But now elements like the Party Frames are jumping around when I save changes to the Chat Frame, and the Chat Frame refuses to remember how large it’s supposed to be. This is with all addons disabled, by the way–with addons enabled I get the same issues as before.

having same issue

I was finally able to find a fix for my issue guys. not sure if this will fix your problems or not. but in game type /console cvar_default into the chat box

Ok, but what else will that CVAR reset? Maybe I’ll just wait for an official fix.

I was having the same issue. I made another bug report before seeing this one. I have tracked the cause down to having two frames “linked” or “glued” together, in other words if you have two different frames attached to each other where they move together it causes this bug.

reloading UI selecting each frame and moving it to keep it separate it from the others seems to fix this issue. turn your grind spacing down low and keep a small space between each.

link to other posting with more info

1 Like