Cannot Drop From Combat? Please Report Here

Realm - Dalaran
Character name = All of my seven 120 hunters
Date/Time - Ongoing, All of the time
Pets - As always, hyenas
Steps taken - Death

In Nazjatar Feign death has become severely unreliable. The character moans but just stands there without feigning. The cooldown timer comes on. Particularly under pressure like when swarmed by a group of mobs. The only keys I press are the key to target/fix on myself and the feign death key. No other buttons are pressed and the mouse is not pressed. I know how to use feign death correctly. The only option remaining is to turtle shell and try to escape. It usually fails and death is imminent. Costing me much gold in repairs and ruining game play for me. A very serious problem for me as I am a dedicated hunter player and feign death is one of the reasons I love hunters. Please fix it. It is ruining my game experience.

Realm - Dalaran
Character name - Vopisca
Date/Time - ongoing
Follower - Bladesman Inowari
Steps taken - change phase/portal

Character-Realm: Chiruck-Windrunner

Date & Time: 07:22 7/31/2019 UTC.

Pet: Bear. Died and I remained stuck in combat.

Feign Death did not help. It eventually timed out on its own.

1 Like

Pikkarg Bleeding-Hollow(H)
8/1/2019 PM EST
The rogue IDK the name.
Camped out. Three times. All three times were in Najzatar in or around water. My belief is the fish or something in the water was preventing combat from ending. I was out of the water all 3 times stuck in combat with no visible, hostile NPCs anywhere.

1 Like

Name/Realm: Gandwärf/Stormrage
Date and time: 8/12/2019 1:30 a.m.
Guards: Raise dead Unholy death knight ghouls
Steps to exit combat: Hearthstone to another zone

1 Like

Name/Realm: Christie/Windrunner
Date and Time: 2019-08-21 05:36:45 UTC
Guards: Hunter pet shale spider
Steps to exit combat: Feign death did not work, I was able to eventually clear it by running out of the area and just waiting.

1 Like

I actually got locked in combat in Mechagon, hearthed back to Boralus where I was no longer in combat, then flew back to Mechagon, and as soon as I landed I was locked back in combat. Talk about some serious persistence. Death is literally the only way I’ve found out of the bug.

Character: Guldown-Tichondrius US
Date and time: 9/2/2019 7:40PM PST
Pets and bodyguards: None
Steps to get out of combat:
I was doing assault in Tiragarde Sound on my monk. As soon as I got in combat I was stuck in it.
Nothing was chasing me, no critters around. I tried to move far away (at least 200y) and didn’t work. Had to use heartstone. Came bad started another World Quest and got stuck in combat again. Got myself killed. Resurrected and started another World Quest and I was stuck again… Any time I got in combat I was stuck.

My monk tends to stay in combat for at least a few seconds after I killed everything around. Often happens after using Fist of Fury. This time it was a disaster.

Name: Valinia - Realm: Skeram
Date: 09.03.2019
Pets/guards: none

A mage and myself fought in pvp. He iceblocked for the full duration (which is 8 sec I believe ?!) while I used a bandage on me and neither of us got out of combat. He ran away and I tried to use “distract” on him but he was kept in combat. So way longer than 8 sec.

make sure your pet feigns death too? and if youve got the second companion pet that it too feigns … my problem is feign death failing to work so much. Char just moans and stands there

Often have to close the game down and delete cache to get out of combat. Returning to game is a 50/50 chance whether char survived without me or is dead.

Seem to be lots of ways you can get into combat unknowingly. One really infuriating one, you run past a sleeping mob, far enough away to not wake him but within his aggro range if he were awake. And you’re stuck in combat.

Realizing the whole in-combat logic is way complicated, what about a Help option similar to the one for getting stuck in a physical location. Player then needs to stand still and do absolutely nothing for 60 or 90 seconds, without any interaction with mobs or other players. Then the in-combat flag gets turned off.

Or maybe some way of finding out just who the heck you’re in combat with. That’d help.

Your character name and realm: Verdigris - Velen
The date and time of the incident: Sept. 17, approx 10:50pm Eastern time
Which pets and/or bodyguards you had active: None
Any steps you took to eventually get out of combat : Hearthed to the Pandaria Shrine

Stuck in combat occured while doing the Trogg Trouncing world quest at Norwington Estate. The wq completed but even after dismounting from Cooper, running to another world quest, and completing that wq, I remained in combat.

The [Revel in Violence] buff from 8.3 is going to make this all sorts of awful, just adding a new layer. It seems to re-root every time a stack drops. For six seconds. Even if you’re mounted in the air.

BioWare has a similar issue on Odessen (chapter 8 KotET) in SWTOR has similar problems, and SWTOR is based on WoW, might be worth a call?

Character: Habaneras

Realm: Baelgun (Horde)

Zone: Stormsong, Brennadam

Time/Date: 6:15 PM MST, 10/19/19

Incident: Attacked an alliance player in this city, they phased out as soon as I stunned them. Then disappeared. Afterward, I could not drop combat at all. Tried to /reload, and still in combat. This is the second time in a couple weeks this has happened to me. Last time was in Tiragarde Sound. It is extremely frustrating, and for me, it is usually PVP involved. The last time was during an invasion, I was trying to complete one of the invasion quests in the Bridge Port area when I was attacked by an alliance player. I ran and could not drop combat at all.

Resolution: I had to eventually hearth out of the area for it to work. The last time it happened I had to run the entire length of the zone to the boat back to zuldazar. Also wanted to mention the last time it happened, even Cntl Alt -F4 and reloading the game didn’t break combat.

Hope this info helps to try and resolve the issue!

Realm - Azuremyst
Character name - Marakeshi
Date/Time - ongoing
Follower - n/a
Steps taken - walked across Zuldazar, ALT-F4 to exit game, logged back in a still stuck in combat. Will go away after 20-30 minutes but if I engage a mob again it’s back to being stuck in combat. I haven’t seen it this bad in quite awhile, not sure if it’s just a mage thing or a blizzard programming thing…

Chroniz - Emeral Dream
12-11-2019 @ 0930
N/A
Had to Hearthstone or leave Hellfire Citadel (Raid) in order to loot boss chests or use portals. EXTREMELY frustrating. Please fix ASAP.

It’s currently happened to several of my toons in the past week. All of them are on Kil’Jaeden realm. The current toon that is stuck is Shocknfail (12/11/2019) started happening around 6:45pm EST in Nazmir and I haven’t gotten it to stop (i.e. I’m still in combat). With the other toons, I was able to log out and/or completely exit the game to get my toon out of combat. However, that hasn’t worked here.
Other things I have tried: 1. finishing the quest; 2. running out of the zone (i.e. running out of Nazmir – which was fun because I was by the raid zone); 3. hearthing out – more on that later; 4. reloading; 5. logging out; 6. completely exiting the game and battle.net; and, finally, 7. completely exiting the game, battle.net, restarting my computer and saying a praying (and, as an agnostic, I find this rather obnoxious). Getting back to the attempt to hearth out… Yes, I could use my hearthstone but could not fly or use a flight point. And, after coming back into the game, my toon registered that it wasn’t in combat until I went back into Nazmir – as if Nazmir was glitched; so as long as I stayed out of Nazmir my toon was fine but the minute I landed in Nazmir, everything went haywire again.

This is easy to replicate, but it doesn’t work in PTR, which makes me think you may have fixed this.

Use a DK, go to Acherus, hit one of the target dummies. Stuck in combat when walking away. Jump off into the water … still stuck in combat. Walk across the water to Stormheim… still stuck in combat.

It’s a beautiful thing. I’d like an update on this. You said you’d communicate with us more.