Cannot Drop From Combat? Please Report Here

I can confirm this works over at the coordinates 40 26 on Mechagon Island. This could be the main problem. I think what is happening (but this is just a guess) is that you’re aggroing onto the NPC that is riding the Aerial Patroller XZ-2, which is the Mechanized Pilot (untargettable, but I got it from my Combat Log). Due to him being a Mechanized Gnome I believe he is in the same “faction” as the Upgraded Sentries, yet the Aerial unit itself is not.

So a potential fix would be to change the Mechanized Pilot NPC (ID is 154438) so that it is not in the same “faction” as the Upgraded Sentry, so it doesn’t aggro onto a player because a nearby sentry did. Or, put the Aerial Patroller XZ-2 (ID is 149850) onto the same “faction” as the Upgraded Sentry (ID is 150667).

Also by “faction” I mean whatever you guys call the grouping of mobs in the same category. Like, if you were to hit a gnoll in Elwynn Forest, all gnolls near that one would also aggro onto you, but a bear would not.

Something I was unable to test was having a player heal me, or help me kill something, while I was stuck in combat. I ASSUME that would transfer the combat-sticking to them, therefor causing a sort of plague of combat sticking. But that does not perfectly explain every post above this one, so I think there’s other things in play in addition to this one. HOWEVER, I would bet my butt that all of the Aerial Enforcers around the zone can cause this same bug in a rarer situation, which would explain a few of the above posts. I checked the Aerial Enforcer XZ-9 (ID is 154700) and it also uses the Mechanized Pilot as their pilot.

I hope this helps :smiley:

Used engineer cape kite off a cliff from Pummeller Red to get down to Pummeller Orange and now stuck in combat after defeating this NPC.

My warrior is now stuck in combat after defeating 3 motospiders in front of a mechanized chest.

Character: felhorn
Realm: frostmourne
Time: 10:40 ish am AEST

Was charging depleted cells at the tower in flight form above the ground. Someone dragged beast-bot over and the troggs where streaming in too. Dropped flight form to kill beastbot and after the troggs and beastbot where dead i didn’t exit combat. Ran a ways away and still didn’t drop combat. Queued for dungeon, joined and left which dropped combat.
Went out to do Redistribution of power. Pulled some scrapdogs and I was stuck again. Pulled another group and still didn’t drop. Ran all the way to mechatarantula and killed it and was still in combat.
Ran back to mechagon and there i sit still in combat.
Just got a arena skirmish queue. Went in/out and went back to the scrap dogs for the daily. Stuck in combat again. Edit- dropped combat after sitting here for a few minutes this time.

Today, my DK farming parts in Junkwatt depot got stuck in combat after 10 min of no issues farming that area. No reason what so ever.

Character: Zefirah; Warlock; Moon Guard

Date/time: 7/12 early evening Eastern time.

Zone: Mechagon, Western Spray

I was in western spray with my voidwalker out and engaged a pair of sentries guarding an overturned spider mech. After the two sentries died I noticed there appeared to be a pilot from the spider mech underneath it, who was still aggro’ed but untargetable. I am betting the pet’s AoE taunt set it off.

The mech pilot remained under the mech and engaged in melee when I or my pet got close enough, but would not move from the spot and remained untargetable. My pet would not attack it back, and I couldn’t command it to as i couldn’t target the mob.

I was unable to break aggro with distance and so had to log off and switch characters to reset it.

Character: Shaavi-Spirestone
Date: 7/15/2019
Time: approx 7:30 pm UTC / 3:30 pm Server
Pets/Bodyguards: None
Steps taken: Tried to vanish, and then Cloak of Shadows, which got me out of the net, but Vanish did not take me out of combat. So I ran out of combat range. Fought a rare spawn halfway across the zone, fought a couple mobs, still in combat. Walked into Rustbolt and just hung out, eventually I left combat but I didn’t do anything in particular.

Other info: Rogue, Azerite Essence - Crucible of Flame Rank 1, Talents (1,1,1,3,2,2,1) . I think this time I got into combat when passing by the alliance landing location next to Rustbolt. I was mounted and did not engage any mobs fighting, but they threw a net at me, and after that is when I could not leave combat.

Character: Shaavi-Spirestone
Date: 7/15/2019
Time: approx 6:45 pm UTC / 2:45 pm Server
Steps taken: I was trying to complete the quest “Ready to Rumble” in Bondo’s Yard, and could not get out of combat to heal or eat between the npc’s aggroing on me, and eventually died. While dead, never got the dialog box to release my ghost. I tried to reload. I tried the auto-unstuck button in the help menu, and it did not teleport me. Eventually, a passerby cast resurrect on me, which disconnected me. When I logged back in, I was finally a ghost at the graveyard and able to retrieve my body.

Other info: Rogue, Azerite Essence - Crucible of Flame Rank 1, Talents (1,1,1,3,2,2,1)

Character: Sayanai - Wyrmrest Accord
Zones affected: Suramar
Date: 7/16/2019
Time: all day long since server reset (several hours), on/off (explained below)
Pets/bodyguards: none

Details: entering combat while in Suramar causes me to be stuck in combat until I leave the entire zone or die. it doesn’t matter how I leave the zone, merely that I leave it (or, again, die). nothing works to exit combat without leaving the zone or dying - not even hard closing the game. but leaving the zone (whether by hearthstone or BG queue or by simply walking out of it into another adjacent zone), or dying, allows me to drop combat immediately or near immediately.

it doesn’t seem to matter what I enter combat with, merely that I enter combat. once in combat, combat does not drop naturally, ever, but must instead be forced by one of the two above methods.

this was particularly frustrating for the More Like Me quest, which is smack in the middle of the zone and has a chance on quest item use to put you in combat, but requires you to not be in combat to use the quest item (due to disguise requirement). i found myself swimming out into the great sea a couple of times because it was the fastest way to leave the zone and thus drop combat.

edit: this seems to have stopped occurring at around 11:30pm EST same-day, some time shortly after finishing the quest A Fate Worse Than Dying and also killing Ana-Mouz (not sure if either is related or if it is a coincidence).

Zone: Mechagon
Toon: Psylocke
Time: 1253
Western Spray. Again. I wasn’t able to get out of combat this time. I swam to the main island. Nada. Dismissed my voidlord. Nada. 2nd time at the Western Spray.

Character: Cauchy

Realm: Bloodhoof

Time: around 4pm EST

Activity: during and after finished Off-the-Books Brawlin’

My attempted fixes: reload UI, exit the game and hoof it back to Rustbolt

Actual fix: Hearth back to Boralus

Character: Prúe
Realm: Frostmourne
Date: 7-20-19
Time: 11:00 pm cst
Pets: Voidwalker
Fixes: Hearthing to Boralus

*I’ve noticed the only time I get stuck in combat is when I have any other rune besides Crucible of the Flame in my Heart. As soon as I change it back to Crucible, I have no combat issues.

Sinzeli, Wyrmrest Accord, Horde
Around 10:20 am server time, Sunday, July 21
No pets or bodyguards
I soloed Pummeler Grey for the Unprofitable Ventures quest. It launched one Crawler Mine that I thought I destroyed – I didn’t see an explosion – but maybe it just vanished into the terrain? I was in combat from that point on. I killed a half-dozen Tech Scavengers, ran in (slow) travel form all the way back to Rustbolt, where I turned in quests (still in combat), then went to the rested area. I had a 20 second logout countdown because I was still in combat, but when I logged back in, I was finally out of combat.

Vorpalblade, Bronzebeard 7/21 1:30pm
Stuck in combat during the quest to kill the three shredder mobs and the tech scavengers. Not pets or bodyguards.
Traversed the entire island on foot to try and get out of combat, killed every visible mob in the area, but eventually only hearthing to Boralus dropped combat; very frustrating.

Xoja - Proudmoore
7/21 ~3:45PM realm time
No pets (Grimoire of Sacrifice active)

I have had persistent “in combat” issues in this zone. It happens when in War Mode after killing a player, but it also happens with War Mode off particularly while in the Western side of the zone.

In this particular instance, I killed Steel Singer Freza at Western Spray, with War Mode off and I was stuck in combat. I swam to the mainland, and ran all the way to town and after about 3-4 minutes of sitting in town I got placed out of combat. Hearthing and flying back may have saved a little time, in retrospect.

I am sure it is obvious by now but Mechagon seems to have extreme issues with the “stuck in combat” bug.

Name: Icëy Realm: Thrall
Time: 19:48:00 Date: 07/22/19
Active Pet: Arcturis
Solution: Feign Death

Character Name: Xanlorash
Realm: Dalaran
Zone I was in: Mechagon
Date and Time of incident: 2019-07-24. Early morning hours. Cannot recall exact time.
Pets or Bodyguards Active: None

Steps to resolve this: I’ve tried invisibility and was still stuck in combat. Only way to get out of combat was to pretty much run halfway through the zone and hope I didn’t pull any mobs along the way.

all the flipping time. play your own game and youll get more data

Character Name: Devistaté
Realm: Azuremyst
Zone I was in: Mechagon
Date and Time of incident: 07/28/19 @ 6:00pm (CST)

Pets or Bodyguards Active: None

Steps to resolve this: Tried to Alt-F4 and log back in - still stuck in combat. Character suicide next stepd

Character name: Hardwire
Realm: Velen
Zone: Mechagon, near the coast doing the quest to regrow trees, and on the island where “Off the Books Brawlin’” takes place
Date and time: 7/28/19, between 8:30pm and 8:45pm (EST)

The first time this happened I tried running all the way back to the Rustbolt base, killing things along the way, and finally had to log out to drop combat. The second time, after completing Off the Books Brawlin’, I climbed up onto a hill with no aggressive mobs and logged out there rather than try to swim all the way back to the main island.

1 Like

This is a very old bug that has been an issue for literally years… nothing new here. Got examples every single day I try and play…

Brightbrown (d/oh)
Nazjatar
Where collecting Highborn Relics was
I could not do anything, was forced to force quit the game as nothing else worked. Launching again left me in the exact same state, in combat, taking damage from unseen NPCs. I eventually jumped into a gaggle of horde NPCs so I could die.