Cannot complete The Battle for Broken Shore

I have just tried to do The Battle for Broken Shore twice and both times the scenario has frozen at the final stage of ‘Confront Gul’dan’. He walks up away from the group, stops, and then just nothing happens.

2 Likes

Any updates? Just had the same thing happen

Yep, happening to me right now…

This is still happening

2 Likes

Can confirm, happening today as well with my character. I made a new character from one of the allied races and was going to level in Legion, but it’s stuck at the Final Stage: Stop Gul’dan, with Gul’dan just standing there and nothing progressing. Re-logged and issue still present.

1 Like

still happening

STILL HAPPENING.
STILL.
Body seems unclear?

This is still happening.

still happening

2022 is almost done, and this is still happening.

still happening, also crashing as soon as I arrive

I think it won’t finish for me because I don’t have anything to reach the ghosts on the ceiling

Still happening as of June 2023.

1 Like

Still happening for me as well. This is one of my favorite xpac and it is a huge shame that the developers don’t really care about the horde side…

Edit: So I was able to force it to happen. All I did was jump off the cliff as close as I can towards the other side (died too) then the scene went on as normal. Not sure if it was because I was close enough to trigger the event or because I died in that area.

I seem to recall this happened to me recently. I can’t remember what I did, but I was surprised at the time that I got credit for completing the scenario.

I had the same problem. During the ending part where you defend the ridge I just annihilated everything. I ran ahead and killed packs of mobs. This caused the scenario to just keep spawning endless mobs.

On my second attempt I just stayed with the NPCs on that part and let them do the killing. I think I killed one mob. I did not run ahead of them and I did not kill any groups of mobs. It completed this way and played the final cut-scene.

Afterwards I was back in Durotar and was able to hand in the quest. Take your time on it and allow the scenario to play out as it was intended.

Good luck.

3-21-2024
I’m currently on Stage 7 - The Highlord, I’ve gotten to the very end of assaulting the beach, then all the Horde chief characters gather in this one tower, attack a giant, then 3/4 of the group runs over to this cliff edge and…wait. Baine Bloodhoof seems to just be waiting in the tower, I’ve released a large group of Argent Lightbringers from the cages (I’m literally leading an army of my own it’s really cool), and even wandered around the area until I was forcefully warped back to the 3/4 group, where they’re still just doing nothing.

The goal is “Get to Tirion” but I have no real way to get to him, he’s off in the distance over this green lake, I can see him, I can click on him, but nothing happens.

I even jumped in the green moat (which I assume is supposed to have a bridge or something) and swam to the closest point of land on the other side, climbed up the hill, and I’m just kinda stuck a good stone’s throw away from him. Nothing is happening.

I logged out and logged back in, and all that did was lose all my Argent Lightbringer minions. No NPCs have moved otherwise.

The EXACT same thing is continuously happening to me… Two days in a row no matter what I do. I even ran through with a random just now, and it happened to both of us which led to my party member leaving. This is VERY FRUSTRATING when just starting this expansion… We shouldn’t have to say, well oh well I guess I can’t play legion… No screw that, please fix this broken quest on this broken shore, please? SEND HELP!!

1 Like

Cannot complete Battle For Broken Shore scenario even after retrying several times Still going on. Fix it Blizz

yup, same… tried 4 different times