Cannot complete BFA Alliance War Campaign because of Shadowlands phasing: Anduin is missing from throne room

I completed the quest Payment in Kind (https://www.wowhead.com/quest=55784/payment-in-kind) but cannot get the follow-up Stay of Execution (https://www.wowhead.com/quest=55783/stay-of-execution) after the 9.0.1 patch. This means it is impossible for me to complete the BFA Alliance War Campaign right now.

Anduin Wrynn gives the Stay of Execution quest in the Stormwind throne room but the patch has removed him. I was able to turn in Payment in Kind since the throne room was phased, but immediately afterward the phasing was removed and I just see the High Exarch Turalyon there now. Note that Jaina and Shaw are there, and my quest map shows that Stay of Execution should be available, but the actual NPC is missing!

Please fix this phasing issue Blizzard so I can complete the BFA War Campaign storyline!!

19 Likes

I had this happen to me as well. There are others on Wowhead with the same issue. So i am thinking this affects everyone on the Stay of Execution quest.

Now on Wowhead the highest rated comment for this quest is talking about how it is broken. Any word or help would be appreciated.

1 Like

Same here.

Same issue. I submitted a ticket and they gave me the song and dance. Clearly it’s an issue.

1 Like

Yep, removing Anduin from Stormwind Keep broke a fair amount of quests. Can’t start the legendary cloak quest line, for example.

7 Likes

Same her, An Unwelcome advisor can`t be completed

6 Likes

Same here!

Same! I have to turn in both Payment in Kind and also An Unwelcome Visitor. There was also a version of Anduin present for the night warrior quests, but he didn’t have the availability to turn in those quests. And besides, he is not there anymore.

Anyone hear any updates on this? I’m stuck here as well. This feels like it should be a high priority. Delaying Shadowlands indefinately means thisbis current content, and it’s the main storyline in the game.

There are mounts gated behind this that people like myself are chasing (Two Sides To Every Story)

1 Like

Seems like everyone is getting the generic “Check Wowhead. GMs cannot give game hints” response to tickets. Just an acknowledgement by Blizzard they are aware of the issue would be an improvement at this point.

4 Likes

Bump, same issue…

I’m not sure that Chromie knows how to work the time-line, guys. Most of us are stuck, lost or are simply over trying to do the things that we want to do, which is apparently her job.

1 Like

So the answer is to use Chromie time to go to another timeline where he is actually there?

Ok, I need to update. They can be completed. The issue is with phasing with other quests you currently have. For me, The Legendary Cloak quest An Unadvised Visitor was what had my phasing messed up. I had to abandon that, then Anduin appeared and allowed me to complete On Whispered Winds. After I completed that, Anduin appeared on the throne to allow me to complete An End to the Killing.

Phasing is messed up, but there are not any completely broken spots that cannot be corrected. It is a matter of working out which quests you currently have are messing up the phasing.

If you can state what quests you currently have, maybe I can help you figure out what you need to drop to get Anduin to show up.

5 Likes

I need to turn in An End to the Killing, and have already completed the On Whispered Winds chain, but Turalyon sits where Anduin should. I don’t have any other quests picked up right now so I’m not really sure what to try at this point.

Husband is also stuck on An Unwelcome Advisor and doesn’t have any quests to abandon. Wish we didn’t have to guess where our phasing issue lies.

Edit: Soooo found a weird fix for An Unwelcome Advisor. Invited my husband’s alt to my party and used party sync, Anduin appeared for HIM and he was able to start his quest, but not me – definitely some strange phasing go on. At least he got to turn his in.

3 Likes

That was key to me being able to complete An End to the Killing as well. I found someone who party sync’d me and it put me in the right place.

https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/000275307 well they finally acknowledged it so they finnaly working on a fix it seems like

1 Like

What lvl was the guy you synced with? I’ve tried a 50 on the cloak quest…and a lol 30 no lock

everything is working just fine now quest tides of war is obtainable again

so is everyone quests now working?