Cancelled sub. Farewell effective January 10th

I know Blizzard used to have some feature where you could list why you were cancelling your sub, but I didn’t get that so I’ll post my three reasons for cancelling my sub.

1.) GCD

-I would honestly rather play WoD as at least classes were fun and flowed then(I’m an altoholic with all max/near maxed).

-GCD makes everything clunky and the loosening of abilities that share the GCD only slightly alleviated it. The correct move was to revert this back to how it was in Legion.

2.) Azerite Armor/AP grind

-Whoever thought I’d want to lose abilities just to upgrade armor and then regrind those abilities forever was sorely mistaken.

-Just a vastly inferior system compared to Legion.

3.) BFA just feels like a watered down Legion

-On the topic of Legion, everything just feels like a rehashed version of Legion except instead of improvement and innovation, they did the opposite. Whenever I farm AP, WQs or M+ I just think “I wish I was doing Legion instead”.

-The majority of what I’ve done this expansion is spam BGs and level lowbies. I’m not even touching current content.

-I actually prefer farming the 100000 HKs (94,000) achievement in Alterac Valley which is from Vanilla over doing Island Expeditions or Warfronts…

Suggestions for improvement? Listen to the feedback you were given and act on it BEFORE you release a buggy unfinished mess of an expansion.

And that’s it, my feedback. I hope those who still play are having fun and I wish all of you the best!

P.S No, you can’t have my gold, pets or next of kin. I’ll probably be back in the next expansion if reviews are good.

264 Likes

Can’t say you’re wrong OP

May your future be bright :slight_smile:

64 Likes

Sorry to see you go Eve. I wish you all the best in finding your new hobby.
Cheers :smiley:

16 Likes

I totally get it and agree with all of your 3 points.

I don’t even know if we had flying now instead of it being held out by Blizz forever that it would make the game fun enough to stay now.

26 Likes

Ok op cya when the new raid opens

7 Likes

I’m sorry, I gave you the benefit of the doubt until this line.

9 Likes

What benefit are you giving? I’m stating my reasons for cancelling. Whether you agree isn’t really concerning me, but I stand by what I said. I’d rather have little content with fun classes than a lot of stale content with unfun classes.

61 Likes

The benefit of assuming you were true to your word and quitting. If you stuck with Blizzard through WoD’s complete lack of anything to do, I somehow get the feeling you’re gonna be back.

2 Likes

Props to you making it this far into BfA with the class design the way it is, hell after the prune I don’t even need my Gshift.

8 Likes

Never said I was quitting for good. Reading comprehension isn’t your strong suit. I’ve cancelled my sub until the game is better.

So congrats on foretelling what I said I’d do in the original post.

edit; whoops looks like I did say quitting though it was pretty obvious given the context it was more of a vacation until Blizzard got itself together, I’ll own up to it. I don’t even remember using the word.

Editing op to reflect what I meant.

29 Likes

/tencharacters

20 Likes

I dunno. I wish I could just stay in my garrison and have NPCs do the AP grind and war resource farming for me.

9 Likes

Where you stand now?

People say this like it’s a foil.

No, eventually people just stay gone.

51 Likes

For a lot of people I somehow get the feeling that would be cathartic. Why subject yourself to something that causes you so much mental anguish? Just accept you don’t like it and move on with your life.

3 Likes

They do. The fact that Blizzard stopped reporting sub numbers is proof of that.

What you really mean is: why do these people have to keep bothering us with their quit threads?

12 Likes

Most people do quit games without leaving big long winded posts, but most people also haven’t invested years into a single title.

Blizzard would have :poop: bricks if people were just walking away from the game without give any reason.

8 Likes

They stopped reporting sub numbers after the travesty that was WoD. The content we got was great, the problem was that we only ever got half an hour of endgame to work on outside of raids.

Oh. Funny that you know what I really mean better than I do!

I’m not talking about people like the OP who have clearly barely been on the forums and shared their feedback here. I’m talking about people with 683 or 887 posts on those forums, most of them clearly negative, who refuse to accept that this game isn’t what they want it to be and move on to find something else to play that they’d actually enjoy.

1 Like

For over 10 years now, I’ve maintained 3 accounts that I start/stop subscriptions to on a fairly regular basis for various reasons. Like, stop and start well over 100 times now over the years. Near as I can tell, Blizzard usually has a “survey” of sorts when you go through the cancellation, but only gives you a text box to enter in whatever you want if you answer the previous question(s) a certain way. And even then, sometimes they simply don’t have it, even when I answer them the same. My personal anecdotal suspicion is sometimes Blizzard deliberately turns that off to avoid having any solid data to present to uppers about why people quit, during certain times of the year when certain reports are due. But that’s just my personal anecdotal suspicion; take it for what it’s worth.

4 Likes

Yet you reach for WoD as your counter argument, like it is valid, I see you’re still here too? WoD was so bad, did you leave and come back, or just suck it up like a champ?

10 Likes