Cancelled account because I can't contact support

I have a minor problem in game, but there is absolutely no way to put in a ticket - whatever I select it eventually ends up on a blank page. Same on the website - pages and pages of nonsense eventually ending up in a blank dead end. It’s pretty obvious if I had a major problem there would be no way to contact Blizzard. I really do want to play, but it seems there’s no customer support. Sad :frowning:

2 Likes

There is plenty of support, for things that GM’s can assist with.

If you’d like to outline what you need help with, we can certainly (and hopefully) point you in the right direction for assistance.

6 Likes

There’s a few things you can do on your end.

• Have you tried a different browser?
  • Have you updated your browser?
  • Have you deleted your cache and cookies?
4 Likes

What is your issue? Somebody here may be able to help.

2 Likes

There are some things a GM cannot help with and in those cases the support site will try to send you to a FAQ page, Support Article, or tell you to consult Wowhead. Examples of what they cannot help with are game hints, help with quests, resetting quests, rolling back a character, or game bugs. If it’s a legitimate issue that they can help with, you’ll get the ticket option or an option that says “Not listed here, open a ticket”.

If you’d like to give us some type of idea of what your issue is, maybe we can help.

2 Likes

What was your issue? This forum serves as an Information Desk to help people navigate the Support system, explain policies, explain services, etc.

Depending on what your issue is, your concern may be something that GMs do not assist with. Most of WoW is a self discovery game and GMs are hands off. If you can look it up, repeat a quest, repeat an achievement attempt, use self help tools, etc - GMs don’t assist. In that spirit, here is a list of common things people want GMs to help with, but that GMs don’t have tools/policy permission to do.

• They are not allowed to give game hints at all. A few examples might be how to find the next quest, where something might be, mechanics of a fight. You would be advised to ask fellow players, or to use a site like Wowhead.
  • GMs do not take bug reports or fix individual bugs for people except in VERY rare occasions when the Devs let them. Usually it makes it worse to have someone tinker with individual accounts instead of the Devs fixing the bug for everyone at once. QA handles bug reports overall - those can be submitted in-game using the in-game tool or on the Bug Report forum.
  • Lots of things have self help tools so the GMs don’t take tickets for it. Character restore, item restore, guild dethrone, most Stuck issues, etc.
  • Loot disputes - GMs do not get involved in loot redistribution. If a scam has taken place they will remove the loot and penalize the scammer, but they won’t re-distribute loot to others. Players are expected to use the in-game mechanics and tools. They are also advised to be very careful who you trust if you run with Master Loot.
  • Exchanging Quest rewards - GMs do not replace quest rewards for you if you select the wrong one and wish you had not. Be careful when selecting a quest reward.
  • Achievement assistance - GMs do not assist with Achievements in 99.9% of cases. If something can be repeated, players need to repeat the criteria. If it is bugged, they need to wait for the bug to be fixed by Devs then repeat the criteria if needed.
  • Raid IDs. GMs can not reset raid IDs or change them in any way.
  • Awarding items - if something is not in the game logs showing it dropped for a character, GMs can not award that item to someone.

Those are just a few common misconceptions about things people ask for GM help with.

You can read more here Spotlight On - Game Master Help

If none of that helps, and it is something GMs can help with, then by all means folks here will be happy to help walk you through how to submit a ticket.

10 Likes
5 Likes

Thanks for the kind replies. I’ll outline what happened here rather than replying individually to everyone.

One of my characters did not receive loot in the Great Vault this week when they should have. Please keep reading, that’s not what I’m chafed about. In a support article updated a month ago, this is a known issue with no solution but they are working on it. I tried the suggested fix (relogging multiple times) and it didn’t work. At this point, I think it’s reasonable to be able to log a ticket to say “Hey, this affected me, and when you fix it I want to be on the list for restoration, or failing that just being notified would be nice”. However (and this is the part that rustled my jimmies), there is no way to raise a ticket at all - through the in-game support menu, or through the website.

I have screenshots of the problem but it turns out the hyperlink option in this editor is just for funsies and doesn’t actually work either! (I do understand why, but still… just turn it off :woman_facepalming: )

My vault loot problem is a bummer but not the end of the world; but if I’d had a really serious problem, it’s clear I’d be SOL. This level of support is just not good enough for a pay-to-play game. If I can’t contact Bliz through their nominated channels, then I’ll use the only one left to me - turning off the money tap.

1 Like

Not the case though. Blizzard actually is pretty good at solving problems if it’s something they can actually help with, and what we mean by that - particularly with what you have experienced, is that this isn’t something a GM ticket can help with as it’s the QA/Devs who fix bugs. Which is why you’re not having much luck finding a ticket option.

6 Likes

A gm wouldnt have been able to help u regardless they are completly hands off ur not the first and not the last to have this problem and the same answer is hope the Dev implement a fix and hand out loot but GM arent allowed to do so,

4 Likes

That’s not my problem though. One missing piece of loot gives me a 30 second sadface. Not being able to contact support at all makes me think about what would happen if something much more serious happened, for example if my account got hacked or if the next unsolvable bug adds a few zeros to my subscription payment.

you want to let them know you have this bug, you can post in the bug report forum.

1 Like

I mean pushing back on customers contacting you when they need help, is how you lose customers.

The “Still need help - Contact Us” option literally goes to a blank, in game and on the website. Not ok when you’re taking real money for a service (and usually grounds for a CC chargeback).

Hmm. That means something wigged out, that’s neither intended nor usual.

Were you able to give it a go with another browser? I believe in Windows, the in-game help system just uses Edge’s renderer and if there’s a problem with Edge, then there’ll be a problem with the support system.

Another potential cause also includes overzealous security suites.

5 Likes

To try to keep support queue times down for everyone, they don’t make it easy to submit tickets on issues that support can’t do anything about.

3 Likes

Have you checked again recently? I had two of my characters who were not showing any Vault rewards yesterday, but were able to claim them just now.

1 Like

Blizzard is brilliant at not only helping you regain control of your account if compromised, but also doing what they can to restore missing items and gold after the hackers strip the characters.

Never, in all my years being a Blizzard customers, have I seen this happen. Ever.

If it does, there certainly would be options available for have such a hypothetical overpayment corrected.

8 Likes

Because this is a bug, even though you only wanted them to know you had the problem, it’s still a bug report. That’s why the system is giving you the run around… because GMs have nothing to do with bugs. They can’t fix your problem and they don’t relay info to the Dev. Team. Your recourse should have been, and still can be to put in a bug report. Those go to the people that need to know you have the problem.

4 Likes

You could not contact support about this since it is a bug and they can not help! This is why you had the trouble, this is designed to keep tickets from going in the a gm can not do anything with.

1 Like

This is rather why they change how the ticket system works; putting in ticket for something they can help with, or saying something along this line is what bloat the ticket times. More so when the GMs don’t contact someone later down the line about a bug as their job is handle issues, not be front desk, delivering messages.

It’s for trust levels, namely trust level 3, to avoid folks posting not-so-tasteful stuff. Even then, it isn’t really needed for the topic, as others said, GMs can’t handle this.

1 Like