Canceled Sub to Protest Warlock Nonsense

The fact that we still cannot fly in the Maw and Korthia is pretty telling too, no? Even Blizzard abandoned SL.

2 Likes

Honestly I loathe both areas so flight in them is neither here nor there for me , I haven’t bene to either in awhile.

Can’t wait to make a maghar DH in two years

1 Like

My evil laugh just came out with that.
I can imagine the chaos already :slight_smile:

2 Likes

You say that like it’s a bad thing lol.

1 Like

Do you not read the quests?

All that our heroes do is in furtherance of the Horde and Alliance glory, protecting Azeroth, culling invasive or uncontrolled species, rescuing the caged, trapped, abducted, or injured.

The means to these ends will vary, the tools employed run the gamut from kitty claws to oversized hammers, and the interior motives might be conflicted about whether the gold, the reputation, or the transmog was more meaningful than the warm fuzzies, but we (most of us, anyhoo) are not bad actors in this fictional world, we’re Commanders, Champions, and Renowned Explorers. No class is excluded from these lofty ideals.

And on an RP server, you can text it up any way you like, be as sweet and sunny as a meadow in bloom, use a potion to tread grimly alone on the shores of night, or be a grizzled veteran of the Third War who struggles valiantly between the two. Try to focus on what you wish to play and how you want to present your own characters, perhaps even attempting to expand on your narrow interpretations of what was nonsensical in the past so that you can have a bit more playful fun, and fret not over the waggle of another’s lock.

I can’t decide if I want to go panda or Zandi
or mebbe High Mtn. if only druids could get the same treatment, can you just see little shifty vulpera prowling and pouncing? Squeee!

1 Like

Ba dum ttss

1 Like

I’m going to create a guild called lol lore tears.

I shall main an undead druid.

Then the only members allowed will be nelf, tauren, draenie, maghar locks. Velf, undead, orc, worgen paladins. human shaman, and any DH that’s not a nelf or belf, taking priority with gnome DHs.

All shadow priests will strictly be LFDs and holy priests will be strictly velves and undead.

2 Likes

SL should have never been made to begin with

3 Likes

Could I join?

Depends, if you are shadow than you need to be LFD. If you’re holy then you need to be undead or velf. If your disc then you need to be an orc.

I main Holy
what server r u on?

Nothing about the warlock class needs a “unlock quest”.

I think it’s fine, honestly. Characters can have more complex motivations for their class decision that expands beyond their race. Saying that X class can’t be played by Y race because Y race is largely Z.

Sure, on a purely surface level, the idea of a holy-centric race practicing unholy-adjacent magic seems contradictory, but practitioners of fel magic aren’t always purely motivated by the power it offers alone. I feel we’ll most likely be given some NPCs for the stranger race combinations to try an add some additional context and flavor to certain combinations. Personally, I love warlocks who practice not out of a lust for power, but as a means of understanding a cosmic enemy.

There’s a lot of RP potential that I think removing class+race-gating could thrive with, and I’m excited to see us get more options.

1 Like

Kinda want to see this.

Maybe the Draenei and Mah’har got to know a few warlocks in town and decided to try it out. It’s been a few years for them to get to know the class. (RP response)

Sorry bro but this change just doesn’t bother me
in fact I like this change. I’d want more race options for other classes too. I’m counting down the days where I can be a Dracthyr Hunter, or maybe a Worgen Demon Hunter.

Some of us don’t really care about “lore”.

1 Like

I’m talking about the lightforged quest - in which you literally purge everything but the light from your body

I’m quite wealthy. I will 100% match every cancelled sub with a new sub on a random account that will never be played just to counter this nonsense.

Warlock as a class is probably the most reasonable to be played by ANY race due to the corrupting nature of fel magic. That’s the whole thing, it CORRUPTS. Anyone/anything is susceptible to it, even the mighty Sargeras. So LMK how an insignificant Draenai is immune to it again (this includes Light Forged, which are also quite corruptible).

I’m fairly certain that would make you
 A zombie.

Just not the unholy kind.

Or an elemental.

Also there is the thing called figure of speech.