Canceled my sub, hardware bros

Game just isn’t satisfying, especially for a casual like me.

Too much time gating, no tangible rewards, loot nerfs on M+ is anti-rewarding, and I’d rather just play single player games for now.

The thought of doing M+ runs repeatedly with even less chance at upgrades for my limited time is nauseating.

Then this last blue post regarding fixing Nathria unintended extra loot as a priority, meanwhile a bunch of other detrimental stuff remains broken. SMH

I got until the 2nd to BS with ya’ll.

Then I’ll be gone until they patch in the fixes of this broken expansion :frowning:

5 Likes

Sad but times change. I myself have no issue with the loot changes as m+ can be spammed endlessly. I much prefer it like this vs doing all your runs in a day, getting nothing and then having to wait a week.

1 Like

It’s a fundamental flaw - in Legion they added M+ and thereby added the Diablo 3 system of Greater Rifts into the game.

It already wasn’t a guarantee for loot, but it was still 2-3 loot per M+.

Then for SL, they nerfed the loot component to only one, two if you chest it.

Basically, imagine Diablo 3 greater rifts where the rift guardian might not drop anything at all, not even crafting materials.

That would get old very, very fast.

But this is exactly what you’ll be doing - since once you get enough done for your weekly chest, and because individual M+ runs are less profitable now, you’ll have less incentive to do them.

in the past, spamming M+ was 100-200% more profitable than it is now. Now it’s so grim that it feels like it’s not worth trying. If I did stay, I would absolutely just do all my stuff in a day, enough to max out my chest, then not log in until Tuesday.

It’s already old in D3 within your first dozen rifts or so. Especially on Seasonal, once you open up your Haedrig’s gift and get your first set, even if it’s not your optimal set the gear bonuses are so insane that they let you clear usually up to GR 60 or higher just by wearing it.

After that, your only progression is spamming out 2-5 minute rift runs for perfect roll items (perhaps 1 or 2 of these per Day of runs), while vomiting blood shards at Kadala to fill in any cube gaps you may have, and running the occasional puzzle ring for laughably unimportant gold and gems.

So a RG dies and you see all that shiny that you immediately identify, then disenchant, then re-run the rift. And depending on class or build running the rift is hitting 1,2,3,4 in rapid succession every 30 seconds while holding right click.

If you’re looking for stable loot progression, PVP has some progression paths.

Best of luck Sal in whichever direction you take.

1 Like

I’ll be back. They always come back.

2 Likes

I take breaks from the game myself, sometimes over a year. Kind of silly to only play one game for 16 years. Just the other day somebody in my guild hit some sort of progression and when I clicked on it I saw I completed it back 2008.

I don’t do too of grouping anymore because of lack of time but I am enjoying the story progression so far. This expansion definitely has a single RPG on rails flavor to it and I understand how that can turn people off but I like it and it fits my time schedule.

1 Like

Sad to see you go.

I also getting really annoyed with Torghast. Its long and boring. Gotta love them forcing people to run it just because of legendary.

1 Like

I’ll be back. Gonna spend some time on single player games a while. Then once the next SL patch comes out and some things get balanced out, it will be more fun I think.

And…my sister just gave me a bunch of game time for Xmas, LOL.

whatever do I do

Lol! I say save it until you decide to return.

Your final build before your leave of absence? Expecting you returning for mid expac updates. :wink:

https://i.imgur.com/ki8u44h.jpg before
https://i.imgur.com/HmHKWNY.jpg after

1 Like

thinking about getting this 4400mhz kit to replace my 3200mhz kits

4400mhz kit

Seems pretty good for the price. I’m not a huge fan of the voltage being close to 1.5 even if its still safe.

Though going off their other kits (4000Mhz) it seems some people can’t hit the advertise mark, but its only ~110 and worse case you run it at a slightly slower speed and tighter timing if possible.

No your not quitting!? Are you?

Sister got me two 60 day time cards, LOL

No she didnt. Blizz heard you were trying to quit and gave them to her to give to you.
https://media.giphy.com/media/k4drIzcE2mPWU/giphy.gif

1 Like

I’m in the same boat. My sub expires in 5 months. I decided to get a 6 month sub when they were offering the little fairie dragon skin / transmog which was adorable so had to have it. Until my 5 months is up Hubby and I are just doing mindless rep grinding in the old zones and pet/ mount farming.

5 Days left for me. The subscription cards last indefinitely, IIRC.

I don’t know when I’ll activate them.

One of the main reasons I enjoyed Legion/BFA over FF14 was the feeling that I could log in, do some M+, get some gear, and improve myself meaningfully with an hour or so a night.

In 14, there was no real encouragement to play past your weekly lockouts.

Well, with the M+ loot nerf, I don’t think the “one hour a night” would really yield much gain, so the benefits of “continually improving my character” kind of go away. I’d be leveraging all my upgrades on the great vault, which is just a weekly thing, making WoW occupy the same place as 14’s “get your weekly lockout done and then log out”.

The ROI on M+ being halved just makes it taste bad to try to do them.

just when you thought you were out they pull you back in!