Canadian election largely unchanged

You can breathe easy, America. We still have a Trudeau. Looks like the NDP actually gained a bit, but the conservatives are still dicking it up trying to end mask mandates during a fourth wave. Green party still largely nonexistent, I would have thought they’d make a bit of gain after the summer’s wild fires.

:canada:

4 Likes

I’m American, and I didn’t even know there was an election in Canada.

6 Likes

I forget that Canada actually has politicians. I figured you all just put whoever has the biggest, warmest beard in charge and call it a day. What’s the actual process? Does it have something to do with syrup?

7 Likes

We like our elections like we like our lovemaking. Fast, quiet and results at 9:00

3 Likes

Like most people, I don’t even know what was happening in Canada.

All I known though is that Canadians have been some of the rudest people I know, at least the ones I met online.

5 Likes

What’s a Canada?

3 Likes

A quick CNN check says it was a “narrow victory”. So while at very least Trudeau keeps his job it seems like his standing has not improved.

2 Likes

4 Likes

No, we still suffer from first past the post voting system in gerrymandered ridings, so you can gave millions of people vote progressive and get one seat, while 5 people vote conservative and get 5 seats.

That’s why the Bloc Quebecois made such gains last night even though they dont exist outside Quebec.

2 Likes

To be fair, we think a lot of the same about you.

2 Likes

What americans don’t realise is that Trudeau didn’t “win” last time, either, he joined with the left wing new Democrat party to form a minority coalition. This is nothing new in multi-party politics.

Wait, I don’t understand. Did you pick the red team or the blue team?

Do you have other colors???

I vote ORANGE :sunglasses:

1 Like

Doesn’t the Great Maple tree pick your leaders?

3 Likes

Red, blue, anti-mask purple, Quebec blue, orange and green.

Thus completes the rainbow of Canadian politics.

1 Like

No, we have parliament which is way more entertaining than Congress because our politicians can yell at each other from across the aisles and boo.

Is that just blue, but with an exaggerated thin moustache?

Sorta but only exists in one part of Canada.

Really?

2 Likes

Two Letterkenny responses already in this thread. I’m pleased to see this.

I have nothing to add other than I know my friend was complaining about the politics a few days ago.

1 Like