Canadian Dollar (CAD) Price Change for World of Warcraft Game Time (Excludes Subscriptions)

Thanks for the push, wasn’t playing much anyways.

26 Likes

Perhaps it would be a good idea to explain the math behind your price changes before you get flamed into oblivion.

16 Likes

Blizz is just greedy. Finance department and CFO is probably thinking they want more people ‘subbed’ so they do these changes that make no sense when you convert at current prices to say to shareholders ‘‘look, more are subbed for our ongoing sub system’’

Notice how they prolonged the 6 month bundle deal :rofl:
#greed

9 Likes

@Tupacshekar
THEY LISTENED TO OUR FEEDBACK LIKE YOU SAID!

On a more serious note, this is :poop:

6 Likes

This is blatant price gouging and taking advantage of Canadians.

The $15 USD monthly price = $19.12 CAD at current currency conversion levels. We were already paying $18.99, which is pretty much exactly on the actual currency conversion. Why are we now being expected to pay the equivalent of $17.67 USD for a game that Americans are paying $15 for? This is an arbitrary price gouge that isn’t supported by the actual value of the currencies.

42 Likes

Disgusting move, Blizz.

You already knew that though.

Cancelled my sub, not that you give a s*it.

30 Likes

I’m already paying more because I’m charged with a fee for exchange rate.

Idc it’s cheap entertainment.

3 Likes

This clearly doesn’t reflect the foreign exchange differential.

$14.99 US / 0.78 (todays exchange rate) = $19.22 CDN.

Why are you charging a 14% premium ABOVE the foreign exchange differential?!

EDIT: So, I just checked as my subscription price remains unchanged. What the hell does “Game Time” price actually mean?

31 Likes

Most accurate statement on this thread.

1 Like

Will be rethinking my sub when my time run out. This is starting to be out of hand. Making it 3$ more than the US sub fee is a big slap in the face. So many low moves by the company in recent years. Even tho im sold to blizz game you guys are about to break me up.

13 Likes

26 days left on my sub. I wonder how this affects my decision 26 days from now if I want to continue playing or not :thinking:

6 Likes

Are you f****** serious? Greedy Acti Blizzard, you put out garbage products and charge more and more you bafoons

15 Likes

Subs don’t change price only game time purchase. Just buy a 1 month sub at the normal price and right after purchase, click cancel sub.

4 Likes

I mean… FFXIV is only $15. Might as well just move to that once my time is out. I’m not paying $3 more to play the same game as Americans. Sorry.

17 Likes

Good thing i unsubbed from this low quality game lol

7 Likes

Glad I didn’t sell some gold yesterday like I was thinking of doing.

3 Likes

116$ for 6 month…damn im really paying 232$ a year for this game ( and Thats at lowest price possible with a 6 month plan)

• another 60$ for an expansion each two years ? Holy **** this is starting to be expensive

Mod Edit: Removed inappropriate language.

16 Likes

For me personally, its meh. its $3 that’s just one less tim’s coffee I get that month
where I live in BC there is literally nothing to do so regardless of my feigned outrage, and “How this $3 push was the final straw”, I am a creature of habit and repetition. :man_shrugging: I remain.

3 Likes

You won’t have to worry about us Canadian players much longer don’t worry :slight_smile: :upside_down_face:

30 Likes

Tax I imagine

1 Like