Can you see ignored players auctions?

Only if they are Battle Net friends. I have some players on my friends list that I do know I’m not on theirs.

3 Likes

Friends’ lists are independent of each other. You can add anyone to your friends list (on that server and faction), and the other parties will never know you did so. Battle.net is a different story, as that requires both parties to be in agreement with the friendship.

2 Likes

Hmm… I would have thought that all friends lists would require mutual agreement, both the Bnet and Character lists. Anyone know why they programmed it like that?

The regular Friends list is character-based while Battlenet name and RealID are Battlenet Account-based.

When the Friends list was developed, there was no Battlenet name or RealID. Nor was there any cross-realm contact between players.

Battlenet name and RealID require a level of trust that the Friends list doesn’t. Because it requires a level of trust, both sides have to agree to it. You may want to play with another player occasionally, but not all the time. Or to have them see that you are playing on another character/realm/faction.

Edit:
I could add you to my friends list and you would never know, but only on a character-by-character basis. I would need your permission to add you via Battlenet name or RealID. That would enable us both to see when each other is online and what character each is playing and what race and which realm.

3 Likes

I can see how the Bnet and Real-ID you want that higher level of trust. I’m just surprised that the character friends list was set up to not require that the other person accept the request.

That would require both players to have each other on their Friends list. If one were full, the friend request would fail. Someone could add another player to their Friends list as a reminder of playing with them. It wouldn’t need to be mutual.

1 Like

How would you accept your alts as friends then, so you are able to quickly and easily send them mail? Imagining sending a character on my own account a friend request, makes my brain hurt.

1 Like

That makes sense. It is an easy way to create a remider of a player with whom you might want to play again. I guess it does open the door for some awful people to stalk other characters and see when they come on line. But hopefully that’s a rare occurrence and gets addressed quickly by Blizz.