Can you play WOW and other games at the same time?

Just curious if the players here can juggle WOW and play another game on the side? or other games? For me when I am focused on WOW I have a hard time playing side games. And when I’m playing another game I find it hard to focus on WOW.

2 Likes

Nah, for me it’s wow only. There’s a lot to do in game, and I’m looking forward to unlocking Vulpera! They keep giving me reasons to stay, and I have little time for other games. Wow is still the best imo.

I personally don’t, but I have a friend that will play Divinity 2 with me while she multi-box farms on WoW.

But of course I play other games when not on WoW. =P

I don’t play two games at the same time. I only switch to something else when I’m burned out on WoW.

1 Like

I played Mario Party the other night with the kids. It was fun.

At once or in general?

• At once:
    • I regularly play FTL: Faster Than Light while I’m playing WoW. There’s a lot of little transit time in WoW, such as loading screens and flight paths. I’ll do a beacon or two in FTL while I’m doing this.
  • In general:
    • I regularly play Morrowind, Fallout 3 + 4, Octopath Travelers, Animal Crossing, Pokemon, PS2 Hits (Dark Cloud 1/2, Ratchet and Clank, Spyro, Psychonauts), BotW, Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines, etc, etc
    • I’m generally not playing these every day, but I will play at least one of them each day, on top of WoW.
2 Likes

I meant in general but if you can multitask like that, that counts.

Depends on how many hands and eyes you have.

With just two of each it’s possible but it’s tough.

Four or more is the way to go.

1 Like

Not right now I don’t. The past year I’ve gone through all my old MMO’s and slowly stopped playing them for good because they’ve changed them too much and I don’t consider them fun or they’ve be shut down.

Now in the next year, partly depending on how good Shadowlands is, I will be trying out Blue Protocol, Phantasy Star Online 2, and Genshin Impact. I am also working on my own UE4 cel shaded game but had a hiccup in it about a month ago and had to stop. Planning on getting back into it this next week though.

I should note that FTL is sort of unique. You can play it in real time but top level play requires using the games ability to pause. It’s specifically designed such that using the ability to pause and still trigger things to happen when you unpause is essential to efficient play.

You can pause the game and queue up actions. So if I want to vent part of my space ship I can pause, queue specific doors to open, and then unpause. Then pause again to line up my weapons fire, unpause to let them go, and then pause again to assess the situation. Which is why it’s the perfect game to play when I’m in loading screens and such; it waits for me.

It lends itself, if I’m not pushing high difficulties, to passively playing when I have a moment to look at it. I’m not playing it while I’m fighting enemies in WoW, though. Just when I’m in a loading screen, flight path, or I’m just running in a straight line for 20-30 seconds.

Absolutely! Even before COVID-19 hit, I was playing City of Heroes Homecoming and EVE Online in addition to WoW. I’m still doing that now.

A part of it is because I’m a casual player on WoW and do mostly quests, with the odd dungeon and RP session.

There’s some Steam games that I also play, usually once or twice a week, SimpleRockets II and Factorio being examples.

When you say at the same time, do you mean concurrently, or just ‘OK, that’s enough WoW for today let’s play GAME X’.

'Cause Trials of Mana is gonna steal me away from this game. Kevin is just… The best.

I play 2-3 other games besides WoW right now, depending on my mood.

If you’re talking about playing other games while playing WoW at the same time, no, I can’t do that. I’m usually always doing something in game, even when I’m in queue. If not, I read, but that’s easier to pull away from than a game that I have to save in order to get back to WoW.

If I’m completely burned out and finished with current content I’ll play CSGO.

I play wow and a few games on nintendo switch casually.

I can. I’ve played wow and Sekiro at the same time. I’m currently playing wow and Rocket League at the same time. Well not LITERALLY at the same time but you know what I mean.

I bounce around lately during the pandemic going on but most of my time is on wow each day overall regardless still my main game for sure.

WoW shares a bit of time with FTL, Skyrim, and No Man’s Sky currently. I’m also run/play a lot of Dungeons and Dragons and usually have my mapmaking software open to tinker with.

It depends what you going for… to be competitive you gotta do your daily chores in WoW and farm like hell, for rng bull crap corruption…

If you play casually it’s a lot easier to play side games…

No absolutely not.