Can you buy dragonflight though in game gold?

are there people who make so much gold that they are able to just buy the whole expansion through being good at the economy? I just really realized that people were essentially not having to pay the monthly sub like this, so I was wondering how far it goes?

could you conceivably buy the new call of duty? like is it anything on battle net you can purchase?

Yes, you can.

5 Likes

Or you could just work at mcdonalds for 2 shifts and pay for the year…

4 Likes

Yeah you can, somewhere I saw, someone calculated the gold cost based on current token sales.

edit: here it is…

1 Like

I paid cash, but my SO used gold 'cause he is cheap. :stuck_out_tongue:

Yep!

I’ve gotten 6 copies so far. Five for me and 1 for a friend.

Only spent 45 dollars after all the tokens (I was short on bnet balance a couple times and didn’t want to blow my entire gold stash)

1 Like

If you can buy these things from the shop with WoW gold, you probably don’t have a healthy relationship with the game.

long pause
glances in the mirror

oh-oh.

8 Likes

interesting… so how much work is it to get enough for one copy of the game for you?

A few months back I bought a ton of bnet balance when the token was at 150k. Saved 300k gold by stocking up early.

2 Likes

oh lord I didn’t even think about that.

Uuuh quite a bit. Honestly I do crafting / ah stuff while working on classwork / while clocked in to work. I think I make about a mill a week so I would say about a week and that’s if I’m being real slow and tokens are high.

I just buy a buttload of something then craft it. If it takes 4 hours to craft that’s how long I work on homework and with work I’m usually working 4 to 5 hour shifts.

I work from home FYI and I just load my wows up on the other screen while having work on one screen. I turn sound off. They have no idea.

2 Likes

Or if you’re really smart

Put around $18,000 in a savings account (in this case, PayPal offers 1.1% APY)

And have savings interest pay for your WoW sub!

2 Likes

This.

I’ve been slowly buying tokens when I have extra gold. Think we had like 40 tokens, but converted most of that to Battle.net bonus. Got me and my daughter the Epic versions.

Did this for SL and will probably do this in the future as well. Can’t remember the last time I actually gave them money.

2 Likes

That would require you to have $17k

3 Likes

Yes, but it takes a heck of a lot of gold to buy all the tokens you will need

That’s what I did too. I knew the preorders would be coming so when they were 150 to 160 I stock piled.

I miscalculated on how many I needed though but eh it happens.

1 Like

I heard its like 1.2 mil

We’ll find a way to get 17k

i mean… i did. was able to buy the biggest version of it too! course, i’ve been saving my gold/tokens for months and months in preparation…

same. was one off, but i was able to scrape together enough gold for that last one i needed. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Happened to my SO too, he assumed it would be 40 again and he was one shy and got bit by them spiking.

1 Like

Some dude sold a bunch of old rare TCG cards for 600 million gold, converted it to bnet balance, and ended up with $48k that he poured into the black hole also known as Diablo Immortal.

1 Like