Can you buy dragonflight though in game gold?

Depends on which version of the game you want to purchase. Anywhere from 616k to 1.1 mil. gold.

1 Like

Yes itā€™s true, and Humanbeak aka Moneybags told me they would buy my DF because they have the gold cap times a thousand. Their generosity knows know bounds! (kidding)

I bought Destiny 2 with WoW gold.

Ya thatā€™s what bit me lol

There you go :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Now would probably be a better time to be spending real money to sell tokens honestly since the price has inflated 70k, and the price usually levels off around 220,000-230,000 gold per during these spikes. If you buy 4 of them now and turn around and flip that gold in a few months youā€™ll have enough gold for 5-6. That equates to about a $10 savings.

Precisely why I no longer convert gold to gametime, Iā€™d rather have the gold to buy items or to feel like a dragon sitting on a pile of imaginary treasure.

2 Likes

You can buy anything they sell with gold.

I had bought literally every mount, pet, cosmetic etc from the shop and multiple expansions, other games, 6 month subs (not sure you can do this one anymore but you can buy chunks of game time) with gold converted to bnet balance from tokens.

Iā€™ve also gifted several things the same way.

I probably wouldnā€™t do this now but I made quite a bit of gold to waste back in Legion.

1 Like

Assuming you buy the Epic version, Blizz would be making an extra $30 for doing nothing. Say maybe 250,000 people bought it through gold. Thatā€™s an extra 7.5 million dollarsā€¦with no effort.

Iā€™m in the wrong line of business.

Yes, thatā€™s how my husband bought it for me. Used the 1.6 mil gold he had made from the last month and half playing the AH. Traded it to my character, converted it to bnet currency and ordered the epic edition. I was quite surprised the next day when I logged in (he did on the sly while I was sleeping :sleeping:).

1 Like

Oooh, you got a keeper! Lucky.

Yeah I think Iā€™ll keep him :wink:

1 Like

Yeah thatā€™s what I did too.

1 Like

No Iā€™m buying Fuzzbutt a whale mount if we ever get one on the store.

1 Like

If you were really smart and had 17+K you wouldnā€™t put in savings for 1.1 in interest. You would invest it in something with far better returns. Just saying.

Do you really think so, though?

Think of how much gold accumulates over 18 years.

I think purchasing the expansion outright with WoW tokens is something like 1.5-1.8 million gold. Thatā€™s not really that much if you scramble all your pennies together from alts and whatnot, even if you just play casually.

Now, if you bought a Brutosaur, this might be harderā€¦

I bought the $90 one of DF with in Game gold. Itā€™s not hard to make gold now a days,

I bought 800k in tokens and paid for the rest of the $90 version of the expansion by applying money directly to my bnet account.