Can Wraithwisp Sinew drop from great vault?

can the upgrade item for the leggo bow drop from great vault?

You would be better off asking this in the hunter forum.

Drop rates are considered to be a game hint and are not revealed by the devs.

My understanding is the bow does not drop from the great vault. If that’s accurate, then I would presume the same regarding its upgrades.

OP isn’t asking for a drop rate, they’re just asking if it drops at all. That’s a fair question and a ticket to a GM may provide an answer.

That’s still asking rates. Regardless, that’s not what GMs or the blues can really do as that’d fall under game hints.

2 Likes

I’ve submitted tickets in the past with a simple “is this still dropping from this guy” and have received yes/no responses, so I will not discourage anyone from submitting a ticket to ask for a yes/no on something like that.

Game Masters are unable to provide Game Hints.

Game Hints consist primarily of providing information on the functionality of the game, drop rates and locations, encounter mechanics, etc…

Generally speaking, Enived, you would not have. Game Information, such as where something drops, the drop rate, how to obtain X, how something works, etc… are all considered game hints and not something that our Support staff is generally able to provide.

2 Likes

And I still encourage the OP to submit a ticket for a straight yes/no response if they so choose to do so. I submitted a ticket as recently as three months ago which was specific in the item and mob, where I asked for verification whether an item still dropped from the mob and I was given an answer. That’s not to say the OP may get the same kind of response in this case, but it doesn’t hurt to simply ask.

1 Like

It is important to understand that many of us who work in Customer Support have the desire to help whenever we can. So yes, on occasion we may try to provide an answer to a question asked, even if it is generally outside of our purview.

Such information is still considered a game hint and I would discourage folks from contacting CS directly for those kinds of questions. The reality is, they don’t truly know the answer in most situations. Customer Support doesn’t have a big database that we have access to that lets us know which items may or may not be in the game, the information that may be provided is generally an educated guess based on a few factors.

The first is, items are rarely outright removed from the game without some kind of announcement. Be it in patch notes, hotfix blog, community forum post, etc… The second, we pop onto Wowhead or similar sites and see if there are any comments on there.

That is something anyone can do.

In this specific case though, a Game Master would only be able to provide what is publicly available. So information on what may drop in the Great Vault isn’t something they really would be able to give.

11 Likes

the question isnt if the bow drops from vault but does the upgrade for the bow… read the question guys… i know the bow doesnt drop from vault… the upgrade isnt legendary its epic.

I did and that’s why I gave you the response I did. No need to be condescending when asking for help. This isn’t GD.

The upgrade takes the place of the bow in the loot table once the bow is acquired. If the bow isn’t in the vault at any iLvl, why would it’s upgrade be in it?

4 Likes

Nope, neither the bow nor upgrade drops from the vault, PL only from the boss