Can we un-simplify stats a bit?

Having to balance out all these gear systems is insanely problematic. I’m not surprised it would take something extreme to address it.

These are assumptions, which can be adjusted for, in the current 3rd party sites.

Precisely. But at least the players are being served rather than influenced to buy a premium membership for faster and larger sims that are necessitated by Blizzard to begin with.

Fair - but I’m not sure that it would make a worse game either. Removing the annoyance may very well be worth it without needing to add something as intricate or complicated.

They’re not perfect - but they’re still incredibly useful.

Blizzard does a great job of fine-tuning their heroic/mythic raid content. The small %'s matter when they’re spread across an entire raid and when gear/power inflation isn’t well past being “ripe”.

I miss that one from WoD that would multiply hits, multistrike I guess.

I really hated having to take off my good gear to throw on greens for AQ40, resist gear feels too bad and dated these days.

I mean for every person saying stats are too simplified, there seems to be a veritable horde crying about how they’re too complicated now and the game is awful because simming is a thing. I would like to see more stats and gear complexity, but most of the stuff that was trimmed we’re better without, there aren’t many good ideas for new stats floating around, and if we did get some, the derpos whose religion calls them to play simfree would shut it down anyway.

1 Like

I mean. I don’t disagree with you, but you shouldn’t argue from the perspective of diablo 3 being the model for WoW. It was WoW that was the model for diablo 3. And that’s why it was so terrible on launch, and only slightly better now, but still ultimately a game that didn’t live up to what people wanted from it.

I actually miss hit rating. It made swapping gear be something I had to actually think about. SURE this piece is an upgrade, but I lose hit, so how can I make up hit elsewhere…

With gems being as uncommon as they are these days, and reforging gone, I’m not sure bringing back hit rating would be anything but frustrating however.

1 Like

I was mostly comparing it to diablo 3, because the mainstat was stupid important in diablo 3, and it’s the same in WoW.

I’m just frustrated that -everything- is just stack int, and pick your top 2 secondaries and stack those. If you get tertiary stats, cool, if not? who cares. Just stack 3 stats to the stars.

1 Like

OMG that gnome name.

Just the best.

I miss Multistrike too man, was one of the few good things that came from WoD. Sadly it had to die after WoD too.

I can’t even figure out what is best for me without having 10 tabs open to raid bots running simulations on azerite gear, enchants, gear and trinkets.

The only way to make stats more complex is to tone back on the layers upon layers of systems. Then I would be ok with stats being more complex

Spirit is the only one I really miss, and i guess pvp stats if you count those.

The idea of elemental resistances has always been interesting to me, but in practice it doesn’t really pan out well IMO. Similar feelings about things like hit chance.

Why not simplify them even more - to destiny 2 level. Where you only have item level and three stats that don’t actually do anything

It’s 6 stats as of Shadowkeep, and they finally tell you what they actually do.

I love simming myself but the amount of simming I have to do just for a handful of azerite gear per slot is a nightmare. I currently have 5 chests 4 shoulders and 4 heads from the azerite gear vendor (max level ones) I want to sim them more my guild starts dabbling in Mythic and it’s going to suck lol

I liked things that added +shadow damage or +fire damage. They usually had higher amounts than other +spell damage gear since it was focused on one element only. Could be fun to put it on some random slots

It’s currently impossible to tell what is an upgrade anymore without running a sim.

You want to make it even worse for what exactly? To see more stats on your character pane?

Some of your suggestions would require completely redesigning class and encounter design.

This is a fair argument and one I largely agree with. There is a sizeable, vocal group who thinks the entire idea of using a gasp third party website to play optimally is evil incarnate. They’re really who I’m referring to.

Nope. That isn’t my motivation.

I’m just bored of the Stack Main stat + 2 favored secondary stats, on all peices of gear.

You basically have 3 stats that effect you. Sometimes you have tertiary stats, usually not though. :woman_shrugging:

Stacking 3 stats, and getting upset if it doesn’t roll the two main stats you want and tossing it away is boring. It’s part of the reason gear has zero meaning to it. Everythings just a simplified down stat stick, there’s no pros or cons for the stats, it’s just figure out what two stats scale the base for you, stack as much as you can, ignore everything else.

Earlier versions of this game, I needed to be careful with multiple stats. Needed my +healing for healing, wanted both spirit and MP5 because both were important, I wanted Int because it actually had a purpose besides just being a flat scaling stat. Had to weigh the options of trading off 1% spell crit and +24 healing , for 2% haste and 12mp5, ect.

2 Likes

Personally I agree, wish we had hit and resistances back again. Oh well, such are the way of things. It won’t go back.

This may seem rude but I really don’t want to play a game where they’ve made gearing idiot proof… with just how unique some players play in order to make it 100% visual it would have to be 100% based on ilvl and secondary abilities/proc would need to be simplified too…

Some people just need to be left behind so that the majority can have fun, especially the people who don’t do content where the proper stats matter in the first place.

Simming is easy, used to have to do all your gearing/weights by hand after all.