Can we talk about the useless Night elf racial, Shadowmeld?

I don’t know why you guys are arguing with the OP. You know his main is probably a human Paladin or Rogue.

5 Likes

Make it better, NEs need love after all the crap they’ve been through. Make it so you can move for a few seconds after clicking it or something before needing to stand still.

2 Likes

In a dungeon when the healer takes aggro after the tank dies? Yup, pretty hard to run away.

Probably deserve it for letting the tank die.

To be fair, tanks are usually the dumb ones.

1 Like

That’s my favorite racial.

Want to go to the other side of an area, but there are tons of mobs in the away. No prob for night elves. Just run through to the end (if not stunned off your mount) and then shadowmeld.

3 Likes

is this some kind of out of season April fools jokee?

9 Likes

Being able to drop bugged aggro is great.

8 Likes

I’ve already mentioned that I don’t dispute it’s usefulness in pve. I am arguing with regards to pvp, it serving just as an interrupt is weak.

Depends on the dungeon and affixes, but having a healer survive a wipe can save a dungeon group time because they can rezz.

2 Likes

Pffft. If I am playing defense at a cap or watching our flag then shadowmeld is incredibly useful in PvP.

In arenas and such I am pretty sure it can be used to hop out of combat and get a drink in if you need mana, right?

2 Likes

Don’t you touch my Shadowmeld… Just because you’re not a class that can make optimal use of it isn’t Blizzards fault.

1 Like

uhhh what…

granted its one of the more skillbased (and latency dependent) but dropping combat for a drink or canceling an offensive spell (like a casted cc)is freaking amazing.

5 Likes

No I’m not. AT is bonkers OP and enabled EZ mode for a major raid encounter for one faction and not for the other.

Strangely enough, the EZ mode faction is also the far more popular faction, and is openly favored during events like Blizzcon by the Devs.

If I was exaggerating, I would be shallow.

I’m not.

4 Likes

meanwhile at the rank one section of the 3s leaderboards…

2 Likes

You are everything you say you’re not.

5 Likes

Meanwhile the top players wowhead interview have recently called shadowmeld the most broken racial and says it could do with a nerf.

And they meant it completely serious.

It allows Alliance groups to make trash skips in M+ that Horde groups can’t do. That said, I’d still prefer Arcane Torrent, being able to do Zul without a priest.

1 Like

lol - Shadowmeld is clutch in many times in PvP - and I personally love it while questing because sometimes I’ll get dazed by a pack of 5-6+ mobs, i’ll run off a little bit to a safe place and then Shadowmeld, plenty of useful situations for it

I mean for PvE, I guess it’s not all that good, however there’s situations where certain bosses will be casting a huge spell, and you can completely throw them off by shadowmelding

1 Like

That’s funny since I don’t see the horde faction-changing en mass because of it. In fact, they seem to be going the other way, so maybe it’s nowhere near as big of a deal as they make it out to be.

2 Likes

My nelf druid is my herb/mineral collector.

I cannot even begin to tell you just how much Shadowmeld improves the quality of my life.

4 Likes