Can we talk about the useless Night elf racial, Shadowmeld?

While every other race has an active racial that is useful in combat, NE has Shadowmeld where you can turn invisible while standing still. Seriously? Hey Blizz, you might as well get rid of it, it’s just a waste of space. You makin’ a fool out of Night elves.

11 Likes

I like it. Able to stealth in battlegrounds is nice and good for dropping aggro too.

89 Likes

because it’s too hard to run away.

umm, you can stealth…

what more do you want? to fly?

43 Likes

It’s the best racial for mythic plus.

48 Likes

I’ll tell you what, give BEs shadowmeld and you can have arcane torrent.

31 Likes

You don’t do much m+, do you? Check out raider io leaderboards, specifically for B DK. Alliance B DKs in the top 200 are 90% Night Elf. YOU DROP AGGRO.

7 Likes

the racial is also from a lore standpoint iirc

shadowmeld is very useful, i’ve abused it to no end

35 Likes

You can’t be serious? It drops aggro.

Rogues can make a macro with Stealth so it basically works like a second Vanish.

Druids don’t get a Vanish, but if they’re Night Elves they can chain this racial with prowl to get one. They can also chain it with Flight Form so that they can just shape-shift into bird form during combat and fly away.

45 Likes

Let’s talk about pvp. poop racial

You can’t run away in dungeons. Shadowmeld is great for dropping aggro. Our Blood DK has used it for dropping stacks when she needs it, our healers have used it to drop aggro when there’s going to be a wipe etc. Don’t discount it. I used to play on a pvp server. I’d use it to hide in bushes when I went AFK so I wouldn’t get killed while I was gone.

Oh, and on my druid, you can’t beat shadowmeld to kitty stealth in an instant.

7 Likes

It’s one of the best for PvP. Guess you aren’t too good at PvP.

29 Likes

You can move faster when you’re dead. That is super useful, when you are dead. Hmmm. Maybe you are right. What else to elves have?

1 Like

also very useful in pvp

11 Likes

Care to explain, Mr. Pro?

It’s legitimately one of the best in the entire game. It has so many awesome uses if you stop and think about it for a little while. The one ability I missed the most going from alliance to horde was that. Just the ability to drop combat alone on demand, oof, man I miss it.

15 Likes

It’s like a stealth, but for every class. I’d rather go invis than have the Zandalari glide.

It’s great for rogues. Let’s you pop your stealrh CDs without wasting vanish.

6 Likes

Yo I use shadowmeld all the time. Especially in this expansion, whose title is “There Are Mobs Placed Every 2 Steps and They Will Chase You Across the Entire Map Before Giving Up.”

29 Likes

I bet you WOULDN’T go invis over the Zandalari glide AND THE 100% HEAL. Am I right?

It’s the racial I get frustrated at not having on every other race I play. It is the best racial ability. Hands down.

20 Likes