Can we talk about the book?

are you talking about the one where gul’dan and garrosh become fel crystal cooks together to restore draenor to it’s former glory and cure gul’dan’s spinal cord issues.

2 Likes

It is a problem when certain characters do a complete 180 of their characterization from what we see in game. Gazlowe being one of them. The man was willing to risk everything to help a mate hide from Gallywix. Suddenly he is now Gallywix 2.0? Something doesn’t seem right.

1 Like

I presume that the blizzard team is split into two camps, those that want wow to be SWTOR and have Sith (Horde) and Jedi (Alliance) type factions where one is obviously morally good and one is obviously morally evil. It’s quite obvious with how much Horde gets villain batted that some people at Blizzard want the Horde to be the “evil” faction. Which really sucks because I remember when the factions were supposed to be way more complex than just good or evil.

2 Likes

Gazlowe, the guy who was the main quest giver for opening Mechagon for Horde players? The guy that those quests went out of the way to demonstrate was an upstanding guy who treated his employees well, valued talent, and negotiated fairly? So much so that they didn’t even need to have the fame-chasing gnome to compare him to for Gazlowe to come off looking golden?

Am I misremembering that quest line or something? Or is this Blizzard forgetting where they left their car keys again?

5 Likes

They probably forgot they even have a car.

2 Likes

Nope your memory is spot on.

Yep.

2 Likes

He’s like the basic WoW-goblin stereotype: Shady-but-wholesome-union-boss

Gazlowe made sure the families of the goblins that died in the mechagon intro got full payment.

Blizz saying he’s a crappy boss is total nonsense

1 Like

Also its nonsense zappy boi is all " Lol just get over it" about the night elves when darkspear for a REALLY long time wanted to get their home back in the echo isles. No one told them “lol get over it” so a darkspear acting that way doesn’t make sense

3 Likes

I’ve perused the aisles of Total Wine. Those beer bottles have some pretty cool artwork on their labels. :slightly_smiling_face:

And the impetus behind the Alliance forgetting the Vindicaar was born. :sweat_smile:

If they can forget a spaceship they can easily forget a car. lol

Funny, to me, related story. Had a family friend report their car missing to the police only to later realize they had simply forgotten where it was parked. :rofl: He didn’t appreciate the picture from Dude Where’s My Car I faxed to his office. :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

HOWEVER. If he’s going for more a “The Horde is my home no matter where I go. The Night Elves still have the Alliance so they have a home no matter where they go” thing. I get that. But the execution is wonky.

They also decided that actually nobody survived Camp T please forget the quests saying otherwise thank you

2 Likes

That’s not the issue.

The issue is that there seems to be one version of characters in-game (that changes on a whim from each expansion, and sometimes even from zone to zone), and then other variations of the same characters in books/hearthstone/short-stories.

Negative traits isn’t an issue. Inconsistency is.

1 Like

This was really exemplified when Stonetalon Garrosh was explained as “Oh I didn’t know we were doing that”

https://twitter.com/Scarletleaf21/status/1468789572221882369

1 Like

I never liked that troll anyways. :pouting_cat:

I’d be surprised if it was Yipper that got the artwork changed and the emotes ripped out of the game.

Yeah. They have a little camp to the north, where all the overgrowth is going crazy.

I don’t see anything wrong here, lady’s just sticking up for her partner. I do like how her statements basically boil down to “It’s not his fault it’s bad” though, instead of trying to say it’s good :rofl:

While not having read the book and only seeing the uploads on twitter I can say based on what I have seen Exploring EK was better if only becausw Golden had actually given Shaw/Flynn’s dynamic to shine. Even though it was still focused on EK, these two characters gave it heart.