Can we stop hating on Shadowlands? This is the best WoW expansion to date

I honestly like this expac.

Could it be better? Sure…

This time in BFA I already quit. I still feel good and motivated to play. Torghast is wayy better than islands/warfronts.

What did it for me is I really like the covenant system. I have a bit more character identity than before. Way better than the war campaign.

I like the aesthetic of the raid, though some of the fights are hit or miss…

3 Likes

Launch and pre launch sales don’t equate to a product being good. It’s the anticipation of it, and don’t know if you saw but Shadowlands had a quick 40% drop that evened out with the rest of the expansions.

2 Likes

I love the way you type in your posts.

7 Likes

THANK YOU!

Someone who actually isn’t mindlessly hating on WoW for no reason, I agree things can be better the expansion itself is NOT bad.

That trend happens in every WoW expansion after launch, it’s nothing new and the website Bellular used also mentions it.

1 Like

I’m fairly confident you’re trolling. Either that or you’re incapable of seeing two sides of an issue.

Balancing and burnout are the issues. Borrowed powers have had chronic balancing issues since their inception.

Player power should be tied to your character, not borrowed power.

Grind after grind for these systems layered on top of each other is burning players out.

Let’s look at covenants. Blizz came out and said they will all be viable and at the same time often refer players to 3rd party websites for additional information about the game. These 3rd party websites literally have “DO NOT USE X COVENENT OR YOU WILL BE SIGNIFICANTLY GIMPING YOUR RAID/GRP”.

Let classes be strong on their own and let borrowed systems add flavor, not power.

Also, post on your main. Stop being fragile.

7 Likes

Hence your ‘highest participation’ argument holds no water /shrug

The forum hate and negativity has literally been like this since the game came out.

At one point they were even going to implement a Real ID system that instead of posting on your character names you post with your real name to stop people from socially misbehaving on the forums without repercussions.

Instead they’ve decided on the route of just isolating the forums and choosing to not communicate directly with the players.

If there wasn’t a required customer service section TBH they’d probably just can the forums. The WoW reddit section is significantly more popular than the WoW forums.

Shadowlands had a strong start but having a mini-content-drought in the 9.0 patch is disappointing. I don’t expect this expansion to have a drought as bad as WoD but we’re not getting 4 seasons from the look of it, and that’s a disappointment.

1 Like

where do i start? removing flying, gutting demonology warlocks, opening his mouth, introducing a failed system of borrowed power, gating flying behind pathfinder, gating allied races behind rep requirements and dungeon requirements which can’t be done solo, misleading advertising for shadowlands, abandoning promised features for shadowlands, making it so characters at 60 are weaker than lvl 50 characters, doubling down on level scaling, level scaling, item level scaling. that’s just to list a few.

4 Likes

The balancing is getting fixed in 9.0.5, and in 9.1 they’re reverting gearing. What more do you want? You cried, they listened.

If you’re getting burned out, then consider taking a break?

1 Like

Cyberpunk sold a ton of copies too. How did that turn out?

8 Likes

WoD had more content in 6 months than Shadowlands will when 9.1 arrives.

11 Likes

Now this is pod racing. Don’t even give them a chance. Not that it matters based on your first post’s replies.

No it’s not, nothing i’ve seen coming in 9.1 addresses this. We don’t have any details on it. If I’m wrong link me a source please.

OP is trolling (sorry CM’s but that’s the truth)

2 Likes

So they’re undoing all of the things they changed for shadowlands - that’s your argument?

Kinda silly looking at the title of the thread.

“This expac is the best one ever. Counter arguement that it’s not, don’t worry all that stuff is being reverted in the next patch… see it is the best”

1 Like

What are you on about? BlizzCon was the most informative it’s been, and they addressed all the concerns. They stated going back to a WoD style system, so there that fixes gear and next patch you get valor for PvE players and nerfs to WW/Ret in PvP as well as changes to the overall meta.

How is all of these things indicative that Blizzard isn’t listening?

CLEARLY THEY CARE.

1 Like

This one is awesome. It’s hilarious seeing all these people fall for it. Props to OP.

5 Likes

She waged war on some dude named Alan yesterday.

And apparently all Alan’s are bad.

1 Like

Nah, people are just bored …
We entertain these trolls.