Can we start mass reporting GDKP advertising

If anyone deserves a ban, it’s you for intentionally abusing the report system.
There’s nothing wrong with gdkps, its a legit way of making gold.

2 Likes

You think auctions are gambling? Better ban everyone you see at the AH then.
The regular loot system is closer to gambling than gdkps…

4 Likes

agree with banning the people who false report.

2 Likes

The regular loot system doesn’t involve bidding on random drops. That’s the difference between GDKP and the AH.

This is the most well rounded reasoning I have read so far for supporting the garbage that is gdkp. Thanks for sharing it. You are right that gdkp legitimately gives geared characters a reason to continue running the content. It is a strong and simple justification that actually makes sense, to me at least.

That is not to say that it dismantles the argument about how GDKp is fueled by illicit transactions that break the economy, which that is a separate problem. And I think that everyone here knows that gold sellers is a 20 year old problem in this game which could have been solved over the past 20 years through dedicated staffing and proactive measures to remove bots.

1 Like

Whether I agree with your stance towards GDKP or not, the title of this post is whether we can mass report GDKP advertising.

GDKP in and of itself is not against any rules nor does it incite breaking any rules, and as such is not a violation or reportable act. What may be reportable though is advertising guild recruitment or raid recruitment in the /LookingForGroup channel which is apparently explicitly for group activities happening now.

This post has some replies with various links to blue posts, and documentation that gives some information/insight into how that may work, and why reporting posts to /LookingForGroup that are advertising GDKP runs at a later date/time may be appropriate (though, it may be noteworthy that this appears to have no correlation with the type of loot distribution system used for the run):

Bidding isn’t gambling.

1 Like

Mass report advertisement for a GDKP because it is a GDKP? No, there is nothing in the rules that prohibit a GDKP.

Report advertisement SPAM? Yes you can do that if they are spamming the message (doubtful)

you can report individual players you suspect of having broken the ToS for cheating if you Know they bought gold (and them doing a GDKP isn’t a sign that they bought gold, I used to do GDKP to earn gold carrying other people when I was geared out.)

yes buying gold is a problem, and that gold being laundered though GDKPs is also a problem, HOWEVER isn’t equally problematic for people to spend that gold on Overpriced BoE’s on the AH that are technically their BiS because they come from RFK or are a one faction only like Humbert’s helm? Or other auctions that require large sums of gold like power leveling a profession (not a big concern at the moment but will be as SoD goes into further phases)

what am I saying? I am saying that your ire should be focused on gold buyers, gold sellers and bots, mass reporting those guys who are all breaking the ToS. Leave the concept of GDKP alone and let the people running it deal with figuring out if dirty money was involved and if they are okay morally with receiving that gold.

1 Like

LOL YALL ARE GONNA GET A BAN FOR FALSEY REPORTING, KEEP DOIN IT!!!

1 Like

Thats not a problem, because you cant launder money through GDKP’s. you can only launder money through a GBank(tbc/Wotlk).

No it’s not what are you on?

You think that bidding is gambling? So you think E-Bay is gambling as well?

If you do, then you apparently think that Blizzard has chosen to just ignore their own TOS for the last 10+ years regarding GDKP raids. Come on man… think before you type.

2 Likes

Gambling (also known as betting or gaming ) is the wagering of something of value (“the stakes”) on a random event with the intent of winning something else of value, where instances of strategy are discounted.

There is nothing random about the auction house. People chose what they post on the AH, and people chose whether or not they want to bid on those items. Raid drops are random, and people in GDKPs are paying entrance fees to join.

There’s nothing wrong with GDKPs themselves, and you can’t prove which ones being advertised are legitimate and which ones are being fueled by bought gold

1 Like

When people are spending hundreds or thousands of gold at level 25, it’s pretty obvious they bought gold.

1 Like

That’s not what I said. I said you can’t prove which ones being advertised are or aren’t. And OP is suggesting mass reporting GDKP advertisements

1 Like

There is when the gold came from your credit card

1 Like

I don’t think I’ve ever seen a GDKP charge an entrance fee lol.

People can’t choose to post world drop epics and blues on the AH. They have to drop first. From your point of view, the entire game is gambling at this point. Every mob you kill is a gambling to get something valuable.

3 Likes

GDKP fuels the majority of gold buying in WoW. Odds are one or more people in a GDKP are RMTers. Report them and let Blizzard sort it out.

2 Likes

And you’re the reason it takes literal weeks for tickets to be resolved by flooding the system with tickets that just get thrown out due to a lack of evidence

1 Like