Can we see other horde heroes now?

That isn’t his reasoning. He just mentioned one of the times you were a Champion, a canon Horde rank, within the Horde.

For the record, if Rated Battleground rules mean anything to lore - not necessarily in terms of our characters, but just Horde military in general - a Champion is a Horde rank above a Centurion, but directly below Lieutenant General. The Alliance equivalent of a Champion is Lieutenant Commander - odd, because the rank below this is Knight-Champion.

Too accurate for what it feels like offering any feedback to Bliz at all these last 12 months. Too accurate indeed.

Honestly though, at this point I’d settle for a single announcement that doesn’t immediately prompt ‘what are they thinking?’

1 Like

I actually like Nathanos in small doses. I find him funny, and he has some good moments of characterization.

Having him talking to me every day every time I try to do world quests however is going too far. He is seriously grating on my nerves.

3 Likes

I like Nathanos. I’ve enjoyed working with him and hope he survives the expansion, but I like several other characters more and I’m willing to possibly sacrifice him if it means those other characters don’t show up to be killed or twirl their new mustaches.

Imagine if Rexxar was in Darkshore instead of Nathanos or Rommath was the one to hand Derek’s body to Sylvanas and then do nothing when she raises him.

No thanks.

Nathanos is annoying I can tolerate his worship of Sylvanas but this whole “your scum in my eyes who has done nothing for the Horde” is getting old quick. I lead the uncrowned, I beat the legion, I routinely beat the Alliance so enough with the eyerolls and the sighs buddy. I WAS PART OF DEFEATING A TITAN! You what Nathanos did? he lost to Greymane in BOTH intros to Stormheim and you see him quivering like a little goth baby from the big bad wolf till the loading screen appears.

I don’t need to be called hero and commander every 2 seconds but dont treat me like some joe schmoe off the street okay.

5 Likes

I mean … I certainly agree that I’d like to see more characters fleshed out. I don’t mind Nathanos (as I still hold out hope that he’ll gain some independence, and thus character, from Sylvanas going forward) … but its crazy how everywhere he is.

Where are our new Allied Faction leaders? They are in DIRE need of development, not JUST Talanji. Why does Baine always have to be all talk and no real action (even if he’s finding out stuff about Sylvie)? Where are our BEs? Why can’t Blizz be bothered to develop ANY other Goblins? Gazlowe? Sassy? Mida? Nope! We’re just getting Wix (and occasional Gob-squad).

2 Likes

Yeah, a lot of times when I voice my dissatisfaction with Nathanos’s current characterization, people accuse me of just wanting him to kiss my butt. One guy so eloquently put it that Horde players should faction change to the Alliance so they wouldn’t get their “wittle fee-fees” hurt.

But ultimately, it’s not that he’s not suckup. It’s that he’s just unreasonably disrespectful. This kinda stuff was fine when he was just a funny questgiver in the Plaguelands - who actually DID come to respect you at the end of his questline. But when he’s constantly showing up at every turn to bark abuse at you because you made your enemy bleed too much, it gets grossly old.

We were off slaying gods in space, while this guy was getting smacked around on a boat. He could stand to lose the attitude some.

3 Likes

The Horde player loses their rank at the end of the Stonetalon Mountains storyline, during the quest “To Be Horde…”:

Garrosh Hellscream says: < Name >, Krom'gar's army is no more. Your rank no longer has meaning.

My point was that Champion is literally a Horde military rank:

Anomaly… don’t you dare call Aethas a “Horde Champion”. It’s an oxymoron considering the spineless buffoon rather crawled back on his knees back to the people that almost killed him than made any sort od commentary in pro of the Horde.

He is just the cross we Belf fans have to bear, but certainly the fartest thing to a Horde Champion ever (if Aethas got his way Silvermoon would become a province for Dalaran, luk )…:pensive::pensive::pensive:

1 Like

I don’t consider him a Horde champion. I consider him someone who got grossly punished for reasons involving the faction war, and now would most certainly prefer to stay the hell away from it, even if it means he’s not Horde anymore.

Frankly, if you gave me a choice between Dadghar’s floating city and nuScourge’s blightland… I’ll take Spineless Buffoon for 600, Alex.

4 Likes

Been there, done that (I mean Legion says “Hi”. Both options are garbage).

I’ll take none of those, cause both are just as detrimental for my enjoyment of the game.

Also, don’t coddle Aethas. His “lul, I’m a moron unable to walk two steps before my Sunreavers betray everybody” meme portrayal became the defacto description of the character since last expac. Up until now he has been deemed irrelevant by tge people under his command THRICE… what does that say over him?

8 Likes

I like Nathanos and his attitude but I did get the impression that he’s being somewhat over-exposed this expansion. A rare case of seeing more variety Alliance-side. That variety should not come in the form of Aethas, who isn’t Horde, or Voss, who isn’t anything worth appearing at all, though. We should see more Rexxar, more Occuleth, more Eitrigg, more Lasan.

3 Likes

Ariel, aspire to be an anomaly and don’t be a Blood Elf Rogue poster. You’re better than that.

That the writing team has a very low idea about how to write more than two or three Horde characters at once. I don’t have any love for Aethas, but I think of all the characters that deserve ire, Aethas doesn’t rank as high on the list as he’s getting ranked.

1 Like

Not to worry! The 8.1 War Campaign is very little Nathanos and we get more Rexxar, Valtrois, GOB Squad, Gallywix, Talanji, and Rokhan on some pretty fun quest chains.

1 Like

Nathanos is funny as heck, he nails the dark humor too.

Sniff Sniff Is that Worgen I smell, its hard to be sure over the…over whelming STENCH of Alliance self righteousness.

I was floored when he introduced himself to Stone’s corpse as Voss dragged her away in an open casket.

3 Likes

Sorry, but I don’t coddle nor much less “catter to the crowd”. I’ll make my honest opinion known and that’s it… if it is too harsh for your delicate sensibilities you’re invited to put me on ignore, Anomaly.

And Aethas IS a poster child for bad writting. He went fron average written to meme tier, so I’m sorry but the hate over his current characterization is not a capricious thing born from drama; it’s merely stating facts. Him being a spineless embarrasement on the story IS A FACT. Don’t be a Human Pally poster and actually see it for yourself.

1 Like

A) The ignore button is gone.

B) Don’t be a twit, you’re not Fondant.

C) Calling your opinion a fact doesn’t actually make it a fact. I don’t exactly care enough for Aethas to defend or read into his character though, so you’re basically fighting with someone who ain’t there.

D) I think you’ve lost the plot on what a Human Pally poster is.

1 Like

You summoned me, Highlord?

I’m like a virulent bacteria whose developed antibiotic resilience. I stacked it as my secondary stat of choice. Well, it and smugness.

I might be?

2 Likes

Assuming you’re Ariel, if you’re not, ignore this… take a look at this thread. Nowhere did I say Aethas was a Horde Champion. OP did, I just said why he wouldn’t get involved with any Horde plots. I’m not defending his actions, and I’m not saying whether they’re right or wrong. You’re going off on unimpressive edgy tirades about stuff that wasn’t even said.