Can we see other horde heroes now?

I am kind of sick of seeing Nathnos in every single battle quest dunegon you name it. Could we Rommath, Aethas, garona, vosh, or any number of the countless heroes we have do anything other than stand around at a war table.

24 Likes

best part is nathanos leading the defense of the troll city… an undead character… leading the defense of a troll city… rip rokhan.
10/10 blizz.

i am so glad to not have to deal with dis guy in the blue side :slight_smile:

21 Likes

I’m getting pretty sick of seeing him doing everything myself it’s like we get it you’re an edge lord badass next please

8 Likes

I know a lot of people say they want Sylvanas dead, but I would rather see Nathanos kick the bucket. Honestly cannot stand him whatsoever, would give me more satisfaction ending him instead of Sylvanas.

6 Likes

Not sure I want him to die but I’d like to see him stop getting all the spotlight

2 Likes

One guess would be they are trying to dissociate as many Horde characters as possible from Sylvanas so when she leaves/is removed from the Horde it doesn’t look as bad on the rest of them.

Another reason could be that they have Nathanos as next in line to replace her so they are trying to give him as much screen time as possible so that he feels well established by the time he steps up.

27 Likes

Sounds like you want a Nathanos cgi cutscene.

22 Likes

I know I do.

5 Likes

I would appreciate more Rommath, perhaps something between him and the Void Elves. And when is the last time Halduron did anything?

6 Likes

You must be desperate if you’re actually asking to see Aethas. Though I’m honestly not sure whether he counts as Horde, given how devoted he is to the Kirin Tor.

21 Likes

My feelings exactly.

I’m also not as annoyed by Nathanos, but it’s probably because I think he’s funny.

5 Likes

I think this is pretty close to the mark, but it doesn’t explain the neglect that got us to this point in the first place. Having an established hero turn on her is more impactful than having randos do it, which is why losing Saurfang had so many bitter.

6 Likes

I like Nathanos. He’s the only major NPC who doesn’t worship the PC.

24 Likes

If you like those other characters, you should be glad they aren’t around so BFA can ruin them.

Let Nathanos absorb all the bad writing for everyone.

14 Likes

Nathanos is pretty consistent. He snarks the player and wants to kill birds. It’s Sylvanas and Saurfang getting all the bad writing.

2 Likes

Nathanos is fine on his own, but Blizz has consistently over-saturated EVERY character they try to make ‘cool’ to market to the playerbase.

They did it with Thrall, they did it with Malf, now they’re doing it with Nathanos, I think their ONLY successful improving of a character was… Lor’themar…

13 Likes

When thinking about this issue I always come back to the Vindicaar problem i.e. giving one faction a space-death-laser-of-death right before a faction conflict but it not being used or at the very least discussed by NPC’s in the story.

It’s a relatively minor one but I feel it’s a clear cut example of Blizz story-telling that I would call bad outright rather than I-just-don’t-like-it bad.

Their explanation for this was as follows:

“It was a choice to focus on those elements instead of the situation we just showed off in Legion.”

You can interperet this in one of many negative ways but applying to one faction as a whole across a number of expansions you could argue they just don’t think that far ahead or that they’re not really looking at the bigger picture when they’re piecing together these story elements.

6 Likes

Agree 100%. I like the fact he and Gally don’t immediately brown nose the PC. Especially with the current narrative where the PC is just another face in the army. A very powerful face, but still just a solider.

2 Likes

I waited like 6 expansions for Nathanos to do something. It’s about time he stole some of the show.

Rokhan and the trolls got 3 zones of lore, that didn’t involve turning them into warmonger puppy kickers.
What we really need is some orcs to be in the story who are not 70+ years old.

5 Likes

That isn’t remotely the narrative, at least not for the Horde. Sylvanas time and again proclaims you ‘Champion.’

1 Like