Can we see other horde heroes now?

Spot on. I guess it shouldn’t surprise me that Gallywix has been my 2nd favorite character behind Nathanos so far this expansion. His War Campaign quest chain in 8.1 is magnificent. I loved when he calls him Nathanos “Prince of all that’s death and destruction” Blightcaller. Their interactions are very amusing.

Champion of the Horde that still takes orders from those higher up. We’re not leaders of any sort this xpac compared to that of Legion. Like I said we’re super soldiers, but still soldiers.

Being seconded to another operations’ command isn’t unique to WoW.

1 Like

We’re are at most sergeants in the grand scheme of things. No where near second in command where a lot of people order us to do small tasks.

Nope. We have a sergeant rank actually in game. Champion ranks higher.

http ://makanidotdot.tumblr.com/post/180782145336/looking-at-my-twitter-i-was-reminded-i-never

Close the space after http, because I can’t post links.

1 Like

Hah! Good arts.

There’s also resurrection spells in game that any priest/druid/shaman/monk/paladin can use, however people die all the time.

Game mechanics != Lore.

Your headcanon != lore.

Sylvanas calls you champion. Champion is a rank in the Horde. Sergeant is a rank in the Horde. She does not call you sergeant.

Glad I could hold your hand and lead you through this adventure.

2 Likes

Why would anyone request Aethas? Why would anyone hate the Horde that much?

7 Likes

sigh… /facepalm…

Can you show me where the ranking Champion is in the actual military?

But it is… Rexxar is also a champion of the horde. We are ranked horde military members. We have lead horde forces into battle several times. And if you PVP you have even more justification for calling yourself a ranked horde military member because it’s a title awarded from it.

I like him. I think its BS that he feels in any way guilty for the divine bell incident. It’s not his fault and his forces were right there helping depose garrosh when the time came. I still like rommath more.

Absolutely.

Wowpedia.

/Military_Ranks_of_the_Horde_%26_Alliance

1 Like

Omg… Op calls AETHAS a “Horde Champion”… the indignity.

I blame the writting team for causing such ignoramus behaviour onto the Horde playerbase… I mean if we’re considering that pathetic buffoon and Kirin Tor bootlicker a champion for the Horde then we haven’t reached the ground depths… we’re activelly digging our way underneath it.

9 Likes

the alliance PC gets called champion too. I think you’re taking people calling you Champion a bit too literally. If you notice, in the subtitles that appear above the person calling you champion’s heads, your character name will be written, but the voice actor will say “champion” instead of your name for obvious reasons.

Champion isn’t your rank. Its a place holder for your name because they didn’t feel like having Patty Mattson record every character name in existance in order to immerse you further. Sort of like no one says your first name in Mass Effect/Dragon Age/ETC.

2 Likes

Yes. Stonetalon Mountains. Horde side. You go up the Krom’gar ranks from Grunt to Sergeant to Legionnaire to Champion and then to General.

Completing the quest “Krom’gar Fortress”:

Perhaps this grunt is more then < he/she > would appear. Perhaps this grunt is in actuality a sergeant.

Look now upon Krom’gar Sergeant < name >, soldiers.

Completing the quest “In Defense of Krom’gar Fortress”:

I have never seen such an act of bravery. You saved the base, sergeant - or should I say legionnaire! Lok'tar!

Completing the quest “All’s Quiet on the Southern Front”:

Lok'tar ogar! You are the embodiment of what it means to be a Horde soldier, < name >. If only we had more like you, this war would be over and Kalimdor would belong to the Horde - UNCONTESTED!

Rise now as a champion of Krom’gar!

Picking up the quest “Might Makes Right”:

I will need a new General now that Grebo is dead. You shall take his place. Meet me at Cliffwalker Post, General.

You get accompanying buffs with your highest rank while in Stonetalon after completing those quests as well.

1 Like

Sylvanas also doesn’t want you remotely related to Saurfang’s assassination, because she’s depending on your reputation in the Horde.

Why are you people focusing on the PC? Op clearly meant NPCs on his petition (with some VERY questionable suggestions included, but NPCs nonetheless…)

2 Likes

well then by your own reasoning, your rank isn’t champion then. It’s General. Being called champion as a rank rather than a placeholder in the voice acting (instead of your actual name) when you’ve been promoted past it would probably be a huge insult if this is being treated like a real military.

Try calling a General a Captain IRL. See what happens.

Also, stop cherry picking tiny snippets and taking them out of context when you can’t combat the logic in them. First of all, people can just scroll up and see what I really said. Second, its just embarrassing to you because literally everyone sees through your tactic.

1 Like

Aethas and the Sunreavers are probably desperately clawing as far away from the faction war as they possibly can, and I don’t blame them. Getting back into Dalaran was a hard lot.

But yes, I’m grossly sick of Nathanos as well. The whole of the Horde War Campaign was basically just “The Forsaken Show, featuring one half-orc,” with him at every turn. It doesn’t feel like a diverse Horde story. It feels like Nathanos is Skeletor, and the other Horde races are just monsters of the week that occasionally show up to give you a quest or get killed by the Alliance.

We need someone to run this civilian labor camp and fleshcrafters den? Make it a tauren! We haven’t used them in a while! Well, save for the guy in the headress who occasionally chastises us for eating babies, yet does nothing to stop us from eating babies.

1 Like