Can we please get a clear out of inactive names?

1, I had no reason to do that.
2, Just how limoted do you think names are?

How inactive is inactive? I’ve taken 1~2 year long breaks from WoW… I would be absolutely furious if my name was forcefully changed.

Then your claim of the name being available is unfounded, and you don’t understand the basis for this thread.

Wanting a name and not being able to come up with a name are 2 different things.

3 Likes

The more I think about this idea the more I hate it.

As it stands right now, two expansions, but that doesn’t mean the account being inactive, it’s the BattleNet account.

In other words, you don’t even have to log onto WoW at all for 10 years, but if you play HS or OW, you can keep your names as long as your BNet account is active with a gap no bigger than 4 years.

2 Likes

I wasnt saying my names unclaimed on ops realm, just that it was avalible 2 months ago when I choose it.
Wanting a name and crying that its taken makes you and op uncreative little community guidline violation

Yeah, making it based on your Bnet account is a bit much. Means people may never get the name they want freed up for claiming.

5 Likes

We weren’t talking about you. But yeah, let’s make it about you. I assume you’re either a self-centered brat or a troll, so I will now put you on ignore because I have no interest in entertaining you.

1 Like

Yeah, I don’t like it either. I see both sides.

It is upsetting to come back in game and find out you have to rename your toon’s but at the same time, it’s only fair if someone else is playing and they wanted it or it’s available for someone to find.

There’s no guarantee that the one with the original name is ever coming back anyway.

3 Likes

Is it weird being named after a religious and ethnic cleansing?

1 Like

TL/DR. Did the default paladin have a thought? Doubtful.

Very true. They should just have another option to free up names via GM tickets like they used to, but customer support amirite.

So a Paladin? :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Well the paladins are more of a legend and icon. The crusades were nothing short of a holocaust… So the name by itself is weird, but combining the two makes me question many things.

1 Like

To be fair, you get a considerable length of time (I think a month and a half these days) for the owner to enter the property before its marked for auto demolition. The way plots of land are now sold is via a lottery too, not the mad clicking system from before.

I’m gonna go see if I can make a character named Jihad. If not then Blizzard are eurocentric racists.

1 Like

That doesn’t make it better.

I have 10 or 11 “houses” in SWTOR and all I had to do was buy them. Everyone else has the same number of “houses” too.

With how much they go on about “The Light”, it makes you wonder doesn’t it?

I just tried it. It’s a restricted name. Wow! Blizz I thought you were supposed to be woke… Shame on you.

1 Like

Would rather value a currently paying customer over one who may or may not return. If having to change your name legitimately makes someone lose interest, they weren’t really interested in playing to begin with.

That’s the problem. Once you’re in Ohio, you’re stuck here unless you become a pilot or astronaut. Those are the lengths people have taken to escape Ohio.

I just embrace it at this point. My blood is Skyline Chili (not literally).

1 Like