Can we please clean up trade chat?

People must not remember the raging dumpster fire known as world chat.

1 Like

I do. I remember zone and world chat. So many people arguing about stupid crap.

I’m expected to block and report hundreds of people a day posting politics in trade chat? Not using a channel at all because it’s devolved into a political dumpster fire is “a tool Blizzard gave me”? Again, this doesn’t solve anything, it just covers it up. Chat channels should be used for their intended purpose, and there should be an off topic channel. I can’t believe this is such a radical idea for some of you.

2 Likes

bruh, do you even try to care about double standards?

1 Like

No way to do it unless you have full time mods on every realm’s chat.
As we know, that costs money and…
Well I’m sure you can surmise the remainder.

But for real, its a mess.
I just leave trade on every toon now.
No trading ever gets done that way any more, from my perspective.

1 Like

Trade chat is server wide. That’s why it devolved. We don’t need two of them to devolve.

Don’t use trade chat to trade. Just use the AH. It’s safer anyway.

There have been plenty of threads like this in the past and honestly it’s just venting because you’re just gonna get the same answer of /ignore and report it.

I’m sure these threads will continue to pop up but i mean sheesh guys. Is it really that difficult?

I recognize your name, are you are common poster or something?

(it’s been a while since I’ve been on the forums but that character name looks super familiar)

I’m here on an off. Have been on this character since they launched the Discourse version of the forums.

1 Like

Let’s not pretend anyone cares about Trade Chat for actual trading. It’s “Trade” in name only. It’s the real “General” chat.

That would be like trying to drain the ocean with a colander.

Makes sense then, I’ve been posting on Buttons for ever.

Hi there

BUTTONS!

snuggles

1 Like

I’ve made another Druid because Warrior is …not in a great place for SL. Buttons is on Whisperwind and the name won’t transfer so here I am on this character. (Stormrage is a much better Alliance server from what I’ve seen)

I would expect Blizzard cared about that, at least at one point haha.

It’s fixed exactly where it matters most.
On your screen.

Don’t block people, block terms :slight_smile:
https://www.curseforge.com/wow/addons/bad-boy
https://www.curseforge.com/wow/addons/badboy_ccleaner

With those two addons you can filter out any words you choose from showing up in your chat. Like: Biden, Trump, Democrat, or whatever else people are saying :slight_smile:

Because trade chat has always been trade chat.

1 Like

From your other post, channel 1 is only local to the zone, too limiting for the things I described. I honestly wasn’t aware of channel 4; I’ve never seen it in the chat settings, looks like it doesn’t appear unless you add it manually (/join LookingForGroup). And yeah, fair enough on the double standards. I would just prefer that if Trade is going to be used as a free for all server wide channel, that it stays more on topic to the game instead of politics, but it doesn’t look that’ll happen.

I simply do not read Trade Chat.

2 Likes

Thank you and Yuejii for bringing up Badboy, this is perfect. Everyone can make their own ideal Trade Chat, problem solved.