Can we keep transmog in Vanilla?

Greens, Blues, and Epics that arnt needed as gear becomes enchants. Not part of your barbie wardrobe.

If you want to make your undead rogue look cute than play retail.
4 Likes
04/18/2018 08:22 AMPosted by Overpowdered
It's probably the best change ever put into the game and is one of the only things that wouldn't change how the community interacts with one another, the way a built in quest helper, or LFG system might. Simply adds a little fun and flavor to your character.

The problem with transmog relates to the loot options in vanilla. In groups, it was not easy to win that one drop you needed, hell sometimes it took a very long time. You're fighting the odds of it dropping with the odds of winning the roll versus people who need the same piece. Adding to that the odds of winning the roll versus someone who just wants it for appearance is not good for the game.

To say it simply adds fun to the game is short sighted. Yeah, transmog is fun, but in a setting like vanilla you have to look how it really affects things, and it would be in a negative way.
1 Like
04/18/2018 10:24 AMPosted by Pelias
Good idea ! Keep transmog,flying and heirlooms, but other than that keep it strictly vanilla, bugs and all , or it won't be the same.

0/10 trolling.
04/18/2018 09:08 AMPosted by Starman
04/18/2018 08:55 AMPosted by Overpowdered

Do you think it would it make a vanilla AH worse? How come?

Because people are already complaining about the 50g to switch up talents. Now who's going to pay 1500g for some green item?

Chromatic sword just saying..........
04/18/2018 10:29 AMPosted by Cyberfriendx
Greens, Blues, and Epics that arnt needed as gear becomes enchants. Not part of your barbie wardrobe.

If you want to make your undead rogue look cute than play retail.
Is this a comment supporting or against transmog? Because if I keep my gear to use it as cosmetic without a transmog feature I don’t disenchant the gear. With a transmog feature you can disenchant.
Transmog was not in Vanilla, so NO.
3 Likes
04/18/2018 09:25 AMPosted by Teza
04/18/2018 09:08 AMPosted by Starman

Because people are already complaining about the 50g to switch up talents. Now who's going to pay 1500g for some green item?

Except it can be done without effecting the economy. There are actually a few ways to do this without it effecting the economy at all.
It could be just an optional gold sink bought from vendors and locked behind a rep grind.
I believe the only reason it was done the way it was done was to make use of old content. Same reason they keep adding pets to old raids.

Either way tho idc. If its in cool if not cool but their are ways it can be done without negative effects.
Other than those scrubs that need to see you don't have good gear so they can try and gank you. It really can be made so it doesn't upset anything else. Just a few seal clubbers that only attack lower geared players. /shrug

You can't forget the ones wearing tier gear and wanting to look like they are wearing greens hoping to catch players with their pants down.
04/18/2018 11:07 AMPosted by Ratsmats
You can't forget the ones wearing tier gear and wanting to look like they are wearing greens hoping to catch players with their pants down.

Any good player would know that a level 60 won't show up in BGs with greens.
04/18/2018 11:08 AMPosted by Starman

Because players are sent full sets of BIS tier gear just for hitting 60.

Yeah right.

Uhmm, this isn't Legion where 5 minutes after you level cap you're decked out in purples (or better)...
1 Like
It's probably the best change ever put into the game and is one of the only things that wouldn't change how the community interacts with one another, the way a built in quest helper, or LFG system might. Simply adds a little fun and flavor to your character.

Gear would skyrocket on the AH. Lower level players who NEED the gear would lose out to higher level players with gold who want to look nice.
1 Like

You are NOT remembering vanilla at all here.
04/18/2018 11:18 AMPosted by Ellilaine
Uhmm, this isn't Legion where 5 minutes after you level cap you're decked out in purples (or better)...

Never said it was.
04/18/2018 11:24 AMPosted by Brockthorn

Sure I am. I didn't step foot into BGs until I was geared in at least blues. I didn't get my Sergeant Major title from not knowing what I was doing.
No
04/18/2018 11:31 AMPosted by Starman

Sure I am. I didn't step foot into BGs until I was geared in at least blues. I didn't get my Sergeant Major title from not knowing what I was doing.

I seriously think you never set foot in Vanilla.

Most aren’t.
Luckily, transmog has a 0% chance to drop in Classic.
No changes, I want to know your gear by looking at you.
No.