Can we have more privacy in forums to feel more safe?

Don’t doxx me bro!!

2 Likes

How can we dox you with your small elven feet. You do wear the same shoe size as the Blood Elves.

Yeah, keep reposting a moderated thread, you get all the privacy you’ll want as Blizz will boot you from the forums.

The definition of insanity is if you keep doing the same thing and expect different results.

5 Likes

What’s disheartening is that Blizzard won’t just permanently get rid of people who are obviously community cancer.

cough cough

8 Likes

When you present it as fact and slander it is.

Home addresses are also public information, stalking would depend on what you do with that information.

Not new at all. This has always been the case.

Those players most invested in the game and in their progress are overrepresented in the WoW forums and otherwhere like youtube, reddit, etc. As such they give feedback that is disproportionately intended to benefit them directly. They also give feedback intended to disadvantage casuals, solo players, and especially casual/solo players, thinking that if the experience those players have in the game is made sufficiently unpleasant and unrewarding, they can be easily converted into elites simply by an attitude shift.

Blizzard owns the character and all that. That information is made public. Your private RL info, they keep that under lock and key.

You “might” be able to hide your profile on the forums, but you can still search post history and character via the Armory.

If you are completely stupid and post you real name and info via Battle Net ID, that your own fault. But at least Blizzard allows you the change it.

3 Likes

According to Merriam-Webster this is what lie means, in this context.

1. to make an untrue statement with intent to decieve

2. to create a false or misleading impression

So, the following is a lie according to Merriam-Webster -

We already have anonymous posting. Classic alt with armory hidden.

Not for long, as Blizzard is believing to plug them into the armory database.

That must mean there is a big change coming to the forums… Oooh, can’t wait to see what this big change is going to be.

4 Likes

source please?

https://worldofwarcraft.blizzard.com/en-us/character/us/barthilas/evilira

You cannot hide an armory. A profile is not an armory.

:rofl:

My thoughts →
This is a public square. If you wish to participate in it than you should not be allowed to do so anonymously. Yes, people can be jerks. But dealing with that is part of being able to interact with the public at large. Otherwise the jerks are empowered to be even more so since there are no social consequences to their actions. “Take the bad with the good”.

Sigh. The OP did it again. The same people gobbled up the bait again.

Just checking in to make sure the expected result occurred and, sure enough, this is going exactly as anticipated.

3 Likes

yeah pretty much even im tired of it and im a regular on the main topic lol

2 Likes

I know. I feel ashamed, and should be ashamed of myself for taking the OP’s bait.

1 Like

Truthfully, there’s a good chance most of this isn’t bait. They truly believe they should get to be anonymous. Because they don’t understand the social consequences of allowing everyone to be anonymous.

1 Like

I’m even ashamed of me just for noting that the bait was taken. It feels like that alone was taking the bait.

1 Like

anonymous posting would just hide your real name and armory. That would be perfect.