Can we have more privacy in forums to feel more safe?

I’m level 16, so I’m way cooler. :sunglasses::point_right::point_right:

1 Like

I don’t think Evilira is one of theirs, I’ve seen them around for a bit, but I do think Kaine is. Similar posting style.

1 Like

This is another reason that I decided to support not having btags, this place can be creep central with the stalking and harassment. This kind of crap should be included in the naming and shaming category and actionable.

1 Like

level 10 is the minimum required to post on the forums and as we can see with OP she’s using it to try and make her position look more popular then it is.

The difference between you and her of course, is that you are honest about it by both telling us and ~ya know~ not hiding behind a hidden profile option.

3 Likes

I would love to see Blizzard do one anonymous forum, it would be interesting. There is also a part of me that just wants to watch the world burn. That part is also the part of me that wants an anonymous forum.

3 Likes

Or you can post responsibly and engage in good faith on the forums.

Where did I not for you to start throwing mud at me? Because I didn’t have the same opinion as you? Like I said, creep central.

1 Like

Unfortunately this doesn’t work, they just switch to another sockpuppet alt and continue to post.

4 Likes

100%, that’s why we will never see battle tags it will lead to more harassment then it is now.

They never hinted b-tags either but here you are, yet again posting about them. Stop trying to get the topics locked every time.

Are you ever going back up any of your arguments or claims, especially the CoC one that you claimed?

3 Likes

No, people have pointed out the problems with the level of anonymity that exists right now and how it leads to people engaging in bad faith and/or trolling because of a general lack of accountability.

Further, I pointed out the problems with privacy a little over an hour ago which you seem to have ignored so I’ll just requote myself (don’t worry it’s not edited)

By hiding your identity and information it makes it much harder to take you seriously as does your persistent toon hopping; you’ve bounced between at least 3 different ones this morning as far as I can tell.

Frankly though, Btag’s on the forum would decrease the rate of trolling here because people wouldn’t be able to hide behind a swarm of alts and would have to take responsibility for their behavior.

3 Likes

I’m aguing for the opposite. Battletags on forums on every post no matter what character you post with.

3 Likes

Don’t plenty of people do this without checking profiles? We have to remember this is the internet. Everyone is a tough guy on the internet. You need a certain amount of thick skin to communicate with strangers on the internet. This is why smart phones aren’t for kids (just to use an example).

I’m not even sure what people are looking for in a profile to ridicule. None of it is real. It’s just digital armor and weapons and stats.

2 Likes

This thread was doomed to be locked the minute it was posted. Hate to break it to ya, it’s just how it is. Duplicate threads are spam. Knowing that the thread was going to get 404’ed from the very beginning, it’s sortof like a GD tradition to just hang out until the thread is deleted.

Reason why it wasn’t instantly locked down was because of the timing, all the moderators been sleeping which makes those early-AM threads prime :poop:posting time like the Forum’s version of Trade Chat.

Is derailing a topic against the rules? Yes. But that implies there has to be a topic to derail and I’ve seen toddlers more fluent and convincing than what is usually presented with this kind of topic.

3 Likes

Agree, I don’t feel safe in the slightest. Constantly looking over my shoulder in the chance a Gnome might get the jump on me!

3 Likes

You should be able to hear the stools they would have to carry.

Stay off the forums if you’re feeling unsafe about being on the internet.
Delete your facebooks
Your snapchats
Your twitters.
Abstain from internet platforms

PS - my avatar and things you can look up via my avatar profile reflect nothing about me and reveal no information about me.

Not sure where someone is supposed to feel threatened

7 Likes

What?! Your real name isn’t Grizzle?!

1 Like

Shoot now that you mention it, it is so so close that someone could discern my SSN from it!? THE HORROR!!!

1 Like