Can we have more privacy in forums to feel more safe?

Shouldn’t you be looking under your knees?

Nah. The way the OP talks on the subject and the replies, such as the one to your post here, are obviously just obtuse attempts to extend an argument. It’s just a troll and like one person that always bumps their threads and agrees with them.

1 Like

Your real name isn’t anywhere so that part makes no freaking sense.

9 Likes

I just wish you would unlock the profile so I could block you and get on with never knowing you exist

Go to your preferences in user settings of the forums, click on characters, then manually type Nelfas-Azshara in the ignore.

2 Likes

This person really doesn’t know when to quit, do they?

Personally, I would rather see one or all of the below options, instead:

• Battletags instead of (or in addition to, via an optional toggle) character name/server
  • Unified forum account, with similar functions as specified above
  • Account-wide ignore

What would make me feel safer on these forums, are one of or all of the options combined! I personally do not like posting with a character name attached, due to prior poor experiences with stalking on a different gaming forum I used to be part of. Giving us either a unified forum account with a forum-specific name (and the optional toggle to provide character name/server underneath), or allowing us to simply use our Battletags as we do on every other Blizzard game forum, would go a long way towards making many people feel safer and less inclined to post on low level or throwaway Classic alts.

It would also have the benefit of cutting down on sockpuppetting (an issue that seems quite rampant here more than any other forum I’ve seen, due to how Discourse seems to treat our characters), and trolling.

4 Likes

Anonymous posting would make everything exponentially worse.

5 Likes

Funniest thread I skimmed in a while. You people need to get out more.

2 Likes

Thank you soo much

3 Likes

I can see it with totally being anonymous

I’m actually a top 100 player and you’re just wrong because you’re just wrong.

1 Like

Trust me, I know.

True, but that doesn’t mean that there aren’t other people that agree with the OP’s statement. By 'they" i don’t mean the OP. “they” cannot be 1 person. By “they” i mean anyone who believes the OP is correct. And by posting in a bait thread I can relay my message to those who don’t view it as bait.

Have you seen what’s outside? This evil stuff that they call grass you touch it and I heard it does weird things to you.

:sob: :sob: :sob:

It is like almost 1am. What is there to get out and do at 1am?

Some people take this forum stuff way too sincere.

Don’t Australians swim with the sharks or something at night.

Yeah well my dad invented streetfighter and Mortal combat, and final fantasy and Tetris and zork AND IS TOTALLY COMING BACK AFTER STEPPING OUT FOR CIGARETTES!

Go to your own profile, go to preferences, Users, then go to Add, type in the char name (It wouldn’t work if you just paste it in there) And it should show up with the accompanying profile pic.

Done. :slight_smile:

1 Like

My uncle’s best friend’s nephew cousins trice removed works at blizzard.

This still happens now, lol. I was in a thread that other day where somebody was log sniping a commenter in their thread while they were on a boosted account with, of course, no logs at all.

My grandpa is John Blizzard.