Can we have more privacy in forums to feel more safe?

But we can report you, you cannot prevent that. Blizzards say in the matter is not up to you.

Which is why many of the posters that are disliked are still here.

They have the say of who stays and who doesn’t.

You keep fighting with everyone and this forum will continue to amount to the rage filled void that it is.

I’m sure I missed this, but how do you figure they wield that power? And being disliked is subjective, right? So it’s subject to whomever is asking.

This feels kind of like an unanchored claim. It could definitely be true, but wouldn’t we need to agree upon why they’re disliked?

Not fighting with you. I just am trying to track the thought process

1 Like

If someone is holding a grudge against others on a gaming forum where they aren’t even forced to communicate with said person then they probably have some real issues they need to floss out.

I actually feel bad for someone like that.

2 Likes

I don’t care if someone dislikes me. I won’t lose any sleep over it. (I’m waiting for a video to render right now, so I’m up late).

yeah, i agree that it’s better to come here lightheartedly, though I’m not always able to manifest that, uh, philosphy?

But, at the same time, you headcanoning that someone has a grudge against you does not give you the right to ban them from replying to you, or posting in any thread.

1 Like

your iron maiden take is rendering me speechless, how bout that!

1 Like

I chimed in on a comment that had nothing to do with me, you’re over here headcanoning some story about me.

I have.

And you still haven’t addressed what I’ve said.

Let me extrapolate and also reiterate:

Bring me your stalkers. All of them.

Give them my Bnet: Evilmuffin #11121

I have been a on the forums for a vvveeerrrryyyyyy long time now. I use this character to post (unless it is a lolgnome tmog thread or whatever, and even then, I usually ID myself). I get people arguing with me a lot. Or, I argue with people. That is the nature of people.

And, yet, I am bereft of stalkers.

Give them to me. All of them.

7 Likes

I was adding on to your point, based on what the person you were replying to has a history of trying to claim.

Heheh. I just found out that Paul is wheelchair bound. And he’s still singing. I have a pic of me with Rob Halford, and a pic of me with Al Jorgenson, when I visited his studio in EL Paso.

2 Likes

this is like the beginning spoken rhyme ushering in a 90s Alan Menken song. What follows will generally be easily consumable ear candy. (and minus the lack of music, was not disappointed)

are you a musician, too?

1 Like

Apologies.

Some of these posters have something of a history with me.

1 Like

Nope, well, I play a bass really badly.

I used to work for a local street paper back in the day. I would go out to assignments with reporters and run cameras and take pictures. I got into all kinds of events, even had an AP badge. I met Rob Halford at a Pride Parade. I was passing through El Paso, and I wanted to see Jorgenson’s studio, and I happened to catch him outside.

2 Likes

that’s alright ard, happy to see you.

what are your thoughts on this topic?

ill tell you my Bruce Dickenson story:

he was an instructor out of a socal airport that I also worked at. this was a couple decades ago.

We used the same examiner - an individual who could issue pilot certificates. Well, instructors require review and examination every 2 years. And for one of Bruce’s 2-year reviews, he opted to be examined by this examiner (DPE: designated pilot examiner). But Bruce didn’t have a trainee he was working with that would allow the DPE, sitting in the back seat, to conduct the observation.

But the DPE’s neighbor had a teenage son that always wanted to fly. And loved Metal.

So, this young man new he was getting a flight lesson and was ecstatic. He gets to the small Paso Robles airport and waits for the instructor - he doesn’t know who it is - to arrive. But, again, dude is stoked to just get to fly.

The small C172 pulls up on the ramp, shuts down, and out walks an unassuming, short-ish man. As he gets closer, the long-haired teen lost it. NOOO WAAYYYY!!!

The DPE sat in back and just enjoyed the beaming kid and his hero and his once-in-a-lifetime lesson aloft with Bruce!

2 Likes

I think Anon posting could work with some safeguards in place.

1 Like

That’s cool!

I was in Houston when they filmed Robocop 2 outside the Transco tower. I was part of the street crowd when he was filming it. I got Peter Weller’s autograph out of it.

1 Like

yeah but the same thing happened with the b-tag thread. it first popped up like 2-3 times until the account wide one was made. somehow the acc wide one is still going but notice any mention of b-tag threads are almost always canned, even this anon one was reinstated after 2-3 topics, it’s b-tags that’s hot water.

2 Likes