Can we have more privacy in forums to feel more safe?

Are you ever going to answer this question:

2 Likes

Threads like these make the Chief of Police Malibu a real reactionary

1 Like

You see, now we’re getting somewhere. When someone feels that others will have pre-determined notions on their messages merely based on who posted it leads me to believe they like to post things that can be perceived as controversial, or perhaps antagonistic in nature.

Everyone should have one, fixed name to post with which is tied to your Battle.net account. It should not matter which “character” you want to post with. If you are more worried about what handle your posts are associated with, maybe there is more of an issue with what you are bringing to the table for discussion.

And for someone to use reddit as their defense of posting with anonymity, lol. As if reddit is the beacon of positivity or something.

PS Fairlight - this isn’t directed @ you. I am just speaking in general about the topic but decided to reply to your post.

6 Likes

Its a loaded question.

You’re not giving anyone any space to talk about anything else but what you want to hear.

Which is the crux of why these debates keep going and going

Realistically, a forum update is going to be near the bottom of the pile in terms of priories for Blizzard since they can’t even pull off a Con these days.

Plus you really have to ask from a developer perspective if its even worth doing from a business perspective.

Are you a dev?

Are you one?

is that orc someones alt loln seems familiar

Nope, and I am guessing you aren’t either. You don’t have perspective of a dev or business person.

1 Like

I mean neither does anyone here yet some are positive Btags or account wide ignores will work.

1 Like

i don’t think vrak said anything new but what he’s mentioned before that feedback was heard but i don’t think he mentioned btags at all.

i kinda wish he commented in here to clear up stuff

edit: oh wait i thought this was the acc wide post
 it’s running together again lmao

Well, if you did pay attention, I said who I was.

1 Like

who are you?

figure it out.

you said you said it why can’t you again? lol
so rude funny how you can alt hop but no one else can lol

The forums have shown otherwise actually, even in this thread, they call someone that then continue to engage endlessly.

I will also point out that Vrak had said the ‘off topic’ posts, and spam should stop but that didn’t either. As well as people using multiple of their own characters to post on the topic (Which some keep doing.)

As someone that is against ‘true anonymous posting’, because knowing other names and becoming friends is nice - and true anonymous posting has a lot of downsides like people posing as someone else (Because despite anonymous posting, some still will post something identifiable.) or in general no one knowing each other and having like no connection just feels weird. The only benefits are really, people won’t use flags just because someone’s name is attached to a post, and harassing someone specific would be much harder, so maybe it helps there.

Hiding the armory is fine, there’s very few cases where it’s nice to have but usually that relates to competitive play, copying talents, or seeing which pets/mounts a friend has to give gifts.

Personally I just want better features for the forums, like better communication (Showing which post got flagged, why it was, and if removed, also listing a reason. Same for things like locked threads, or removed threads so you know if it’s safe to re-post. Being able to note reports, not having them limited.) Also when there’s ongoing harassment, maybe dealing with that would be good. Also when someone tells another to do something that violates the CoC, to deal with that.

1 Like

Lol, there is no privacy on the internet.

Since Blizzard isn’t siding with them, they resort to other methods to derail the thread.

2 Likes

I think that people would prefer you don’t engage in the very behavior you’re arguing against, but you’re a hypocrite so I don’t think you see the irony.

But it’s okay when you want to trash another player’s logs, right?

Oh they’re fully a troll, lol.

3 Likes

It is not a loaded question, it is a question that should have a simple answer, one in which nobody wants to answer because they’re ignoring the facts on the dangers to anonymous posting.

Is that why people such as the OP has been attacking everyone who disagree’s with them?

1 Like

A lot less of this happens than get’s claimed. Most of the time this gets claimed, it’s someone being hilariously unaware that their posts can reasonably be viewed as a CoC violation by multiple people (which happens), and that multiple people felt it was worthy of a flag for a mod to look at.

2 Likes