Can we have more privacy in forums to feel more safe?

Excuse me, sir. This is a safe pizza space.

Unless its pineapple.

Oh sweet baby Jesus you took a picture of that.

2 Likes

I do dislike pineapple on any pizzas I intent to consume

But that pizza posted is a war crime

1 Like

Have you looked at Japanese Pizza?

What vile, unholy fusion is this?

</3

dinner

1 Like

That is the Akston special

3 Likes

Just a thought, why do some people need privacy on the forums? What are they discussing or saying that would make them think “Hey, I don’t want this getting back to me” or " I said something that might cause some blowback".

3 Likes

Lewd fanfiction?

2 Likes

A fine addition for my Steamy Romance Novel collection, which happens to be apart of my readable books/items collection that is taking up 5 34-slot bags in my bank on this character.

cries in needing a book collection tab for WoW

2 Likes

I’ve done some art stuff before but my main thing is just keeping IRL colleagues from knowing. I’d rather just keep that locked up and away in my internet bubble.

I’m don’t really care if they figure out it was posted by Sylvansong the lusty Argonian forum maid. But anything beyond that would be quite scandalous

What do you gain by not knowing who you’re discussing with in a purely anonymous forum?

For my unsolicited opinion, it would appear a true attainment of anonymity would mean each separate post would be 100% unidentifiable from the reader, and could very well be the same poster making multiple posts.

We could be having the same arguments we’re having now, just with 100% more confusion as to whom you’re really responding to when you reply “Anonymous”.

The value of the content of the post doesn’t improve when we don’t know who sent it. Does it?

4 Likes

the content of a post is what is important. the identity of the poster is irrelevant.

So does anonymity bring any value to the content of the posts? It shouldn’t if the content is important and not the writer of the content, correct?

it allows people to focus on the message being conveyed instead of any personal grudge they may have with the author.

I’m still wonder what is it you are having say that requires anonymity? Sounds like you people are wanting to avoid blowback. They want to run their mouths with out repercussions.

2 Likes

I think it’s this, really. It always seems to be the people who don’t know what they’re talking about, or are just generally disingenuous that want this.

1 Like

One of the groups that benefits the most from that is serial liars.

If a person has a reputation for lying, people should know that and be more skeptical of their posts claiming facts.

7 Likes

Are you unable to focus on the message when you see the sender?

5 Likes

So I realized something.

Generally I post in topics like these because I don’t want the developers to see dumb ideas go unopposed and think that it’s genuinely something that people want.

But with an idea like this, it’s basically like people asking Blizzard to give them 1000 gold every time they log in and change every NPC in the game’s name to “Ted”. Like asking that they change the game to greyscale only because someone hates color. Like asking that all cats in the game be changed to spiders. Like asking that every forum character show up as a Vulpera. It’s a weird, dumb idea that it’s very likely that even the people arguing for it don’t actually care about, and there’s no danger of it happening.

So why put any energy at all into arguing against it?

And with that realization I am free. FREE!

6 Likes