Can we have more privacy in forums to feel more safe?

Sure you would. The names would of been blurred out. It’s ok. I’ll keep the lie a secret. Of course feel free to get some screen shots now and claim it’s been happening. It’s all good. We will believe you

You’re the one here telling people what to do. Want me to quote them, or have you figured that out.

5 Likes

Yeah, so far the thread has been anything but civil.

2 Likes

Why do you refuse to have a civil discussion with me then?

I have not called you names or anything as you complained about people doing earlier

I gave a point and asked your input on it

4 Likes

i am not going to post screenshots of people breaking the in-game rules, that is for blizzard to see and only blizzard.

Oh, so people have been harassing you in game today over this post then.

sorry but im not here to discuss my experiences in-game. i am here to discuss why i would want anonymous posting.

Are you taking screenshots of people ingame? Creepy

1 Like

The post I responded to was you saying. :person_facepalming:

But you keep refusing the discussion about it?

6 Likes

You know they’re lying and is just making anything up because they support the harassment, the hate speech, the toxicity, and the real life threats that come with anonymous posting.

8 Likes

Madelke just clearly outed themselves as a troll there lol.

1 Like

Of course I do.

2 Likes

Blizzard is not gonna implement Anonymous posting. Btags, maybe. Account Wide Ignores, good chance.

4 Likes

I mean, that is why they’re on a throw away BNet account with a boosted Pally.

2 Likes

They keep talking about wanting to stick to just discussing the pros and cons of anonymous posting on the wow forums, so I gave them a con and wanted to hear their opinions on it.

Instead they continue to comment on basically everything else except that, I still wonder what their reasoning is for ignoring a valid issue with anonymous posting

9 Likes

here are my talking points regarding the benefits of anonymous posting:

1. Keep privacy on the wow forums - allows members to read threads for their content rather than attack the author because of a personal grudge.

2. Assist in distancing contact on the forums from in-game contact by hiding in-game information - this would ensure that people from the forums do not bring disagreements into the game - not only to the person with whom they disagree, but also that person’s guild or friends or raid group, etc.

1 Like

Yes, that is what he hoped would happen. That is not, in fact, what did happen.

This thread is anything by civil and the parties wishing to put forth any sort of logic for anon posting have not been able to. They don’t have privacy issues IRL or in game. They already can make a character with no Armory. They can already make throw away characters to post with so people don’t look at their post history.

True anon posting creates one of the most toxic and dangerous website formats there is. Nothing said here is going to convince Blizzard that the benefits of anon somehow outweigh the bad.

This whole thing just seems like a way for people argue about something extreme for fun, while calling anyone who disagrees “offensive”.

Reality. No legit Community forum is going to have anon posting. Period. It won’t happen. You can find it on non searchable fringe sites though. shudder

10 Likes

This already happens, people are currently trying to discuss the current topic but are being ignored entirely

The infrequency of which this happens is so rare that it would be a large scale rework of the forums that ultimately would cost more than what its worth

This one has already been disproven as it has been showing with evidence that the amount of “trolling” would dramatically increase with anonymous posting

Also as an additional point one of the things that people quickly recognize between alts are actually the writing styles of people, so even if you were listed as just “Anonymous” people would eventually figure out who you are based of speech patterns

6 Likes

Not all ideas are good, and your claims are certainly bad. Anonymous posting stifles discussion and increase the chance of trolling and harassment. 4chan is a good example of that.

5 Likes