Can we have more privacy in forums to feel more safe?

Who says we want to contact you?

4 Likes

You know you already have the tools available, it is called an ignore.

2 Likes

Please keep on topic, as you was telling me. You know where the other thread is on that topic.

Well actually, we would have account wide ignore for the forums if we have the forums use BTag’s like all of the other forums (Diablo, Hearthstone, etc).

1 Like

the WoW forums are different than those forums, though.

Yep, still not important enough for me to care.

You know that’s not going to happen so the argument isn’t valid

how do you know that won’t happen?

It shouldn’t be though.

It should use BTags like the other, and for a profile pic option we select one of our characters instead.

Because Blizzard has made there stance on it.

1 Like

this isn’t a thread to discuss btags, but i will say one comment on that topic:

we should never use btags for the wow forums because it allows people from the forums a new avenue for contacting us, which i would prefer never happens.

Why would I want to? You are not that important.

4 Likes

you keep talking to me right now

you’ve said your piece - you dont think anonymous posting is good.

i have countered that by stating it would make posters like me feel safer by keeping our in-game information private and hidden from members of the forums.

if you have something else productive to add, sure i’ll listen but it appears that is all.

1 Like

Hahaha, and yet, this has never happened.

I mean, I dare anyone to try and contact me via my BattleTag

Saracalia#1520

6 Likes

Side note while reading this. Playing fallout 2 and even though my luck is 10, I think the slot machines are rigged.

1 Like

Do you think theres a reason they continue to ignore the actual flaw with anonymous posting and instead reply to ever other comment except the ones where I’m asking this question?

If so, what do you think the logic is?

2 Likes

Because it hasn’t. Otherwise you would of been talking about all of the people harassing you right now. Along with links to the screenshots.

It hasn’t happened. And I know you claimed it did once before. But as the OP stated before. People lie, so I’m going to guess you’re one of those that lie in which he was referring to.

3 Likes

BTags would be the solution though to this very issue!!!

You could post without using a WoW character, no one can see your armory, no one can post troll posts without consequences. And you can ignore the person and not have them swap to another character to bypass the ignore!

Except it isn’t. The BTags don’t contain the #XXXX number which IS NEEEDED to send BTag friend requests!

4 Likes

sorry but i’m not going to call people out on the forums, that would be against the Code of Conduct.

Not up to you to tell people what not to post. :rofl:

5 Likes

it was the moderator who said this thread has been opened up for civil discussion, not me. see the note on the OP.