Can we have more privacy in forums to feel more safe?

People already do this with level 10 characters and they have the don’t share achivement’s etc option toggled on in WoW and often use this to troll.

People already do this as with the above example of level 10 characters and option toggled.

So why do people check armories? Often people check other’s armory to see if they are the same person as the OP (or another poster in the thread) to boost a thread or to purposefully agree with their troll post assuming they aren’t hiding behind a level 10 character. Which is why we need the forums to be account wide so you can’t post with multiple characters so you can look at someone’s post history and clearly see they are a troll.

2 Likes

Once is a few times?

3 Likes

yeah but why should we give someone the tools to contact us in-game if that entire experience can be completely avoided?

yeah, and a bit of gaslighting too.

Except for the fact there has not been one shred of truth to why the forums need anonymous posting except for you confirming your true intentions earlier.

6 Likes

i would like to politely ask you to refrain from posting content that is non-productive and doesn’t assist in furthering the discussion regarding blizzard implementing a system of anonymous posting.

thank you.

1 Like

Boy, bit of irony here

6 Likes

You not my mom…

the moderator note on the top of the thread politely requests this.

2 Likes

How’s this…

After exhaustive studies, I have found Anonymous posting doesn’t work, and isn’t gonna happen.

Just paraphasing you…

2 Likes

So what are your thoughts about the fact its been shown numerous times that complete anonymity does nothing but increase the amount of toxicity in online environments?

Lets get this back on track

3 Likes

You do know telling people what to do or post is considered as trolling.

3 Likes

but i have explained the ways in which it will be effective in reducing in-game harrassment that results from disagreements on the forums.

mainly - people who disagree with someone on the forums will not know their in-game contact information and they have zero avenues for harrassing a person in-game as a result of a disagreement on the forum.

1 Like

You have not, my research says otherwise.

3 Likes

i did, yes… i just explained it in the previous post:

1 Like

Because your minor discomfort and fear of some mystery person who disagrees with you does not bother me.

And honestly I don’t think you are having the conversation in good faith.

3 Likes

read this thread

Still, my exhaustive research says otherwise, and you are just making things up.

Anonymous posting isn’t gonna happen, everything fine as they are now.

2 Likes

Im still waiting on their input on the fact several studies have shown complete anonymity does nothing but increase the amount of toxicity in online enviroments

5 Likes

yeah sure is.