Can we have more privacy in forums to feel more safe?

Post count means nothing. 434 of the posts were made by the same 11 people, that’s over half of the posts in this thread so far being made by the same 11 people. many of those 11 people spend an absurd amount of time on the forum anyway.

I think it would be funny if the forum glitched and showed us who reported who for a day so we saw who the tattletales are, not that it’s a mystery to figure out who many of them are after interacting with them and having a disagreement and then being flagged. lol

it is for the mods to decide this… you can flag the post and a moderator will always look at it.

i remember vrakthris saying something along the lines of, it does not matter the reason you put for the flag, when a post is flagged, a moderator will check it against all possible CoC violations.

so the mods will take care of it… just flag if you think it breaks the rules and feel confident that a mod will take the correct action.

mods action rule-breaking posts now and they restore proper posts now - same as they would do if the WoW forums had a system of anonymous posting.

why are people still feeding this?

5 Likes

Just like if someone is harassing you in game because of something you posted on here.

I will admit, yes I am flagging some of these posts, it’s my right. I think they are trolling. But, that is Blizzard’s job to deal with.

As the saying goes, to paraphrase “Flag them all, let Blizzard sort it out”.

1 Like

Can we have it so that people who are on our ignore lists threads don’t appear for those that have them ignored .

So many sock puppets it’s hard to remember who a person does or doesn’t have ignored when their threads keep showing up in the list .

Note: Not asking that they be prevented from posting , just not showing up in the thread list for those that ignore them .

I’ll support that

Oh yeah they are going into classic when all of this stuff started showing up in the armory

To be fair, it says I’m like 3rd (somehow) and I’ve been off and on last few days. Heck was gone playing Fallout New Vegas for a few hours.

I sometimes break comments into 2 comments also ._.

2 Likes

but do you break them into…biscuits?
:sunglasses:

4 Likes

Gosh, I see Doobly still concern/fake polite trolling and the OP still ignoring all the counter points that make sense because they disagree with what they want…oh and there’s Ard immediately agreeing in bad faith with known trolls “because I can”…bingo card is filling up fast for today.

7 Likes

Some times it’s hard to quit the internet tho. I used to be so bad. The only cure was to delete my browser and that sorta worked but now I’m here again.

It’s addicting, even when it shouldn’t be

I write him off as having a “Toxic Positivity” type of personality. It’s akin to NPD.

It’s a gaming forum for a game rated for teens in a thread where people are going back and forth about being able and not being able to see a game avatar. This shouldn’t be addicting. lol

no, toxic positivity is a biproduct of people who are well intentioned but foster a more unhealthy outlook.

The Doob thing is like when you prank call a block Buster and ask if their refrigerator is running.

2 Likes

I’m gonna wager that this thread will be up til around Monday or Tuesday.

This thread has already been reinstated by the mods a few times.

Considering the posters here, it’s not gonna be around for long. The principles are still doing what got the thread locked in the first place.

3 Likes

It’s not that it should or shouldn’t be. It’s a habit of how social interactions consume a disproportionate amount of your time because it either gets heated or you feel almost something of an obligation to say your peace. I’d describe it in the appropriate lingo as “sweaty”.