Can we have more privacy in forums to feel more safe?

reddit seems to be doing quite well and is rather successful, i would say.

You dont post as ā€œanonā€ on reddit.

It shows post history.

2 Likes

As far as I can tell, posts like this one and the other account-wide ignore post are sort of a forum mosh pit taped off with warning tape where they leave them there for people to slam around into each other largely unimpeded. Every once in a while a whole grip of posts will get deleted for being unproductive, but no one ever seems to end up getting a time-out for it.

I think Vrakā€™s specific term for it was that it was a post full of ā€œstrong personalitiesā€. It reminds me of in High School choir, me and a handful of other kids who were a pain in our teacherā€™s behind for being wisecrackers had a part during the song Under the Sea where we danced in a circle with crab puppets on sticks. We looked around at each other and instantly knew exactly what we had in common, but when we all looked to the teacher for an explanation she said that we were the ā€œPersonality Peopleā€ :laughing:

3 Likes

you arenā€™t tied to any sort of identifier like a static character name, no.

also reddit doesnā€™t require a monthly subscription, so people can just make new accounts whenever they want, so yes, reddit is anonymous.

1 Like

What?

You are more tied to a name on reddit than on WoW.

irrelevant

4 Likes

I would like to add my daily support to the fact that youā€™re a hypocrite.

3 Likes

no, with the wow forums, you have your account and your created characters.

reddit accounts can be created for free and posted with for free.

there is complete anonymity on the reddit forums.

1 Like

Ok.

You are just pure trolling. Got it.

Attempted to give you civil conversation. You did nothing but troll. I would wish you a good day. But.

:person_shrugging:

4 Likes

sorry you didnā€™t agree with my response but it is a valid response.

1 Like

I tried, you wont answer civil questions. All you have is ā€œtrust me broā€.

4 Likes

Like when you pulled up another players logs to mock them and engaged in the very behavior you say youā€™re against? Would you like to address that, please?

4 Likes

People would still be accountable if they breach CoC. Even anonymous

1 Like

Just like how people are held accountable now? People still break it all the time and get away with it.

At least we can tell if itā€™s the same person repeatedly breaking it or trolling so that we can not bother to engage a known troll. We donā€™t get that with anonymous posting, so those people are likely to act out even more.

7 Likes

Thereā€™s more than one WoW community on the internet. Have they considered joining the reddit community instead?

I dunno I just think this whole talking in circles anon debate thing is the most unproductive thing ever.

Iā€™m literally just here to read the replies and watch people getting grilled over their actions.

Vrakthis has stated that every post that is flagged is reviewed by a moderator and aactioned if needed

The moderation note was a good read.

There have been a number of comments and threads that are borderline/questionable and could be seen as breaking the rules by slide by. It might vary from moderator to moderator or on the seriousness of the infraction.

But you never answered my other question by the way.

6 Likes

Of course itā€™s a level 10 alt posting this nonsense.

Sure, you can have anonymous posting for ā€˜security reasonsā€™ at the same time we get account-wide or BTag based ignoring capabilities; you want to sockpuppet, thatā€™s fine, but I get to ignore them all with a simple button press.

7 Likes

Your right, Blizzard makes that determination. Flagging your post just bring it to their attention. You do not get to decide who should be able to flag or do you need to know the reason.

2 Likes

in an anonymous only forum:

from Imgflip Meme Generator

8 Likes